Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tele
I'd be interested in this as well. Anyone have any links to citi mastercards for the 75k or 50/50k offers?

thanks
No, just Visa, Bus visa and AMEX.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by HoKo
Ugh, I put in my application for the 50/50 Personal Visa offer last Monday 8/2 and was told my application would require further processing. Today (8/11) I still haven't received an answer despite calling into customer service multiples times. In fact the CSR told me today it would be another 7-10 biz days from today!

In the past CSR's had told me 7-10 biz days from application date. This wait is brutal. Anyone else getting put on hold for this long?
Yes. When I try the automated # they don't have my application but need to wait 2 weeks for processing (it's been about a week).
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
applied 75k biz card on 07/30, has been pending for the past 2 weeks. I called today and found it was declined. Talked to a rep and was told that I have reached maximum credit line available to an individual. I have 2 citi biz cards with 100k CL. I said I can close one biz card , she talked to a supervisor and then told me even if I close one biz card, it would be still a rejection. I hang up and called back, got the same answer.

I went through the application 5 steps and got the application Id. I also found my Equifax credit report was pulled. Is it possible to get this biz card approved?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by tassojunior
2. Citi and AmEx generally use the same credit bureau.
In NY, Citi (personal) pulled from Equifax, while Amex and Chase pulled from Experian. No one likes Transunion, for some reason....
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: AA
Should I cancel both my personal and business visa after bonus miles posted on my AA acount so that I may re-apply for the similar deal a year or two later if similar deal shows up? Or is it hard to churn on citi cards now?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by Hi5z
Or is it hard to churn on citi cards now?
It is extremely hard to churn citi cards now.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by nydad
It is extremely hard to churn citi cards now.
i agree....
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Hi5z
Should I cancel both my personal and business visa after bonus miles posted on my AA acount so that I may re-apply for the similar deal a year or two later if similar deal shows up? Or is it hard to churn on citi cards now?
It hasn't been determined yet when the "look-back" window is for churning. (It may be a year).

But the anti-churning rules go by the date of application and so far don't seem to be tied to date of closure.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, CO, UA, Marriott Rewards Gold, HHonors Gold
Additional Data Point

Just got off the phone regarding a denial on the Business card.

The CSR stated I was not eligible since had canceled my previous Business card back in January. She did state I could reapply in 18 months.

I pointed out the was not consistent with the T&C under which I applied but she would not budge.

FYI, the T&C states:
"This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage card."
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jtrandolph9055

The CSR stated I was not eligible since had canceled my previous Business card back in January. She did state I could reapply in 18 months.
I believe you are the second or third person to mention an 18 month "lookback" period. Will be interesting to see if this is correct.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: Lotz

I pointed out the was not consistent with the T&C under which I applied but she would not budge.
18 months from now, from the opening of the prior business, or from the closing of the prior business? Business seems to have longer wait periods.

Sorry for the denial, I'm in same boat.

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 12, 2010 at 8:45 am
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, CO, UA, Marriott Rewards Gold, HHonors Gold
Lookback

18 months from the closing of the prior account.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HoKo
Ugh, I put in my application for the 50/50 Personal Visa offer last Monday 8/2 and was told my application would require further processing. Today (8/11) I still haven't received an answer despite calling into customer service multiples times. In fact the CSR told me today it would be another 7-10 biz days from today!

In the past CSR's had told me 7-10 biz days from application date. This wait is brutal. Anyone else getting put on hold for this long?
Yes.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by jtrandolph9055
18 months from the closing of the prior account.
Hi, thank you for the info. May I ask if you had a prior Business Visa card? I had a business Amex and closed it last fall. I was hoping that I could jump at this offer for the business Visa - until I saw your posts.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:07 pm

hey guys, so I just called CSR to find out my AA FF # since I completed my spend requirement. But she mentioned that no FF is yet attached to my account ...she assured me that by next billing cycle (Sep 1), I'll have FF associated with my account and I'll see those miles in that account.

Is this right for every one here who has applied without having AAdvantage account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.