Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:25 am

Is it possible for someone to edit the first post to include the list of all the links?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JordyC
Data point or user error:
  • Applied for Pers Amex on 8/5 and was instantly approved (744 FICO, no prior Citi cards).
  • Applied for Pers Visa on 8/9, hung up on Step 3. Today was denied, reason being: "This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) cardmembers."

Did I screw up in applying for two personal cards? I thought Amex/Visa were treated differently and read nothing to indicate that this wasn't possible.
It has mentioned multiple times that Citi only have 2 categories - Personal versus Business. It does not matter which type of the cards you get (MC, AMEX Visa), it only matters which Category of the cards you get.

Can I now apply for a Visa Business card, or will I get rejected again for "first time cardmembers" reason or too many INQs?
Yes, you can reapply as frequent as you feel like to test the water.

Application and approval are 2 different things. The former does not guarantee nor preclude the latter - it all depends on the scenario.

Also yes, you will get rejected but not for the too many INQs - instead for the number of applications within a period - no more than 1 or 2 applications within minimum 60 / 90 days. The 1 or 2 is a YMMV thing.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by tassojunior
No one has gotten 3 Citi AA apps approved within 60 days. Never.
Not true. We have successfully done the "trifecta" "in the old days".
We did try the new deals and no dice for us...but we have churned 45 of these in the past, so I guess the jig is finally up for us.....
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Is the Business Mastercard part of this 75K promo as well, or just the Business Visa?

Thanks,
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Discontinued Program, DL Silver
I applied for the VISA on 8/4 and got the further processing required screen. A week later I got a letter saying I was declined. Applied for the AMEX today and was instantly approved.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by joseph83
I applied for the VISA on 8/4 and got the further processing required screen. A week later I got a letter saying I was declined. Applied for the AMEX today and was instantly approved.
The Visa Signature is a little harder to get as it's minimum credit limit is higher.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:54 pm

Its weird like that sometimes, enjoy your Amex.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:32 pm

annual revenue in business apps

What you recommend listing as annual revenue in the business application? I am guessing occupation should still be what you do professionally (salaried). Tips?

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:44 pm

Skip Personal cards?

So I have the Personal AA Visa (got in Jan 10) & Wife has Personal AA MC (got in Apr 10)

After reading through this thread it appears our best bet would be to apply for the Business AA cards and skip the personal ones (I can't afford unsuccessful INQs)? Does that sounds correct?

Also, I have a legitimate business but the 10K spend may be tough, any issue if I get a Business card and buy groceries?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
I assume you have never had a personal CITI AA card of any type previously?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nic3456
Also, I have a legitimate business but the 10K spend may be tough, any issue if I get a Business card and buy groceries?
They don't care what you buy.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: Depends on the card offers :)
Originally Posted by Happy
It has mentioned multiple times that Citi only have 2 categories - Personal versus Business. It does not matter which type of the cards you get (MC, AMEX Visa), it only matters which Category of the cards you get.

Yes, you can reapply as frequent as you feel like to test the water.

Application and approval are 2 different things. The former does not guarantee nor preclude the latter - it all depends on the scenario.

Also yes, you will get rejected but not for the too many INQs - instead for the number of applications within a period - no more than 1 or 2 applications within minimum 60 / 90 days. The 1 or 2 is a YMMV thing.
Don't know how I missed that. I feel like I have read almost everyone post in this thread, but that bit of info somehow slipped through my fingers. Thanks...and a big, darn!

Will probably wait 90 days and hope that the offer is still around...until then, in your humble advice, is this a bad time to get that SPG card I've been coveting? The application won't matter because it's non-Citi, but I might be hitting the credit report a little hard for one period. Thoughts?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Lotz
Don't know how I missed that. I feel like I have read almost everyone post in this thread, but that bit of info somehow slipped through my fingers. Thanks...and a big, darn!

Will probably wait 90 days and hope that the offer is still around...until then, in your humble advice, is this a bad time to get that SPG card I've been coveting? The application won't matter because it's non-Citi, but I might be hitting the credit report a little hard for one period. Thoughts?
1. The SPG 30K promo is over. The link may still be around but don't count on AmEx to honor it. Maybe it'll return.

2. Citi and AmEx generally use the same credit bureau.

3. Only the business card is 2 in 90. You can try for another personal in 60 if you've already done two apps. Probably won't get it as you got an AA card previously, but won't ding your credit that much to try.

4. Take a deep breath and bide your time. Maybe the deal will still be around in 60 days and/or maybe something just as great will pop up. Credit cards are hurting right now and eager to get customers.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Ugh, I put in my application for the 50/50 Personal Visa offer last Monday 8/2 and was told my application would require further processing. Today (8/11) I still haven't received an answer despite calling into customer service multiples times. In fact the CSR told me today it would be another 7-10 biz days from today!

In the past CSR's had told me 7-10 biz days from application date. This wait is brutal. Anyone else getting put on hold for this long?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyer121
Is the Business Mastercard part of this 75K promo as well, or just the Business Visa?
I'd be interested in this as well. Anyone have any links to citi mastercards for the 75k or 50/50k offers?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.