Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyncyn129
My first Citi AA card was the MC. I had the MC card for over a year when I got a targeted offer for the Amex. I currently have both open.
So the look back period is longer than 12 months for you as you are rejected for the current offers...

We have had success cases with previous AA cards opened in 8 to 9 months ago.

We have had failure cases with previous AA cards opened in 12 months ago like yours.

Back to YMMV or "crap shoot" mode regarding previous cardholders.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eagleswings
No. This is my first AA card and it's a personal card. I am waiting for my second card to arrive and it's a business card.
Originally Posted by swat16
Same here. I got my card in the mail AND a statement for that same card with a zero balance?? No clue how that happened. Maybe they are putting all accounts under this offer on the same billing cycle.
I believe the statement contains a single line item of the membership fee (0.00 as first year waived). That is an activity entry.

Because there is "activity" there is a statement.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I know Costco gift cards are workable for Citi AmEx spend, but I've searched and not found whether AmEx gift cards are. What if unused cards are refunded or they're cashed?

Sorry if it's been answered before, I honestly searched. Myself and a few others are wondering for both Citi AmEx and regular AmEx.

I'm going to do a re-try of a Citi AA soon. Last week I lowered my limit on my 21 yr old AA MC and closed the 2 AA's I got in May (they'll be what probably stops me).
I doubt it because people reported being denied with prior customers despite their cards were opened / closed Months ago.

However I would love to hear your success story when you try, for obvious reasons.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
What is this automated system, phone or online? I have two data points:

(1) My wife simply got an ID number and a phone number to talk to a live agent. I don't think that's what you meant by automated system.

(2) A friend says he just got a Thank You for Applying at Step 5, no ID number, and the phone rep refused to discuss anything without an ID number. The friend insists he is sure he did not get approval, rejection, or an ID number at any stage.
The automated phones were posted way back in the thread. To repeat:

Citi
Phone1: 888-201-4523 - 1, 3, 2, ssn#, home ph, dob (mm/dd/yyyy)

Citi - Business
Phone1: 800-288-4653 - 1, 3, 2, ssn#, home ph, dob (mm/dd/yyyy)

For the person that asked about my credit limit on the successful business app, I don't know. I don't recall the automated system gives that info, and I didn't hold on for a CSR.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ridge4

Citi

Citi - Business

For the person that asked about my credit limit on the successful business app, I don't know. I don't recall the automated system gives that info, and I didn't hold on for a CSR.
These things need to be saved ASAP, as I hate looking for them.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:55 pm
cnn

Is it usual for Citi bank to ask you about tax document? I applied 8 days ago, it is still pending and then a rep told me that I will need to send them tax document (personal card)?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jmw2323
Exactly. I will call after the cards arrive to confirm the miles bonus. Hopefully they will agree with what i am expecting. Guess it becomes a wait and see after reaching the spend requirement. I won't believe any of it until miles post
wife's Amex arrived today. Confirmed when i activated it that she gets 75,000 miles at $1500 spend. Again, she has had the MC from them for over 10 yrs. Was taken out in her maiden name and changed after marriage.

I was approved for the business card 2 months after recv'ng the persoanl visa. haven't recv'd this card yet
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA; USairways; United; British Air
hmmm...I'm looking and looking, but it looks like everyone applied for either 50K or 75K miles bonus through a phone offer -- and there's no way to do that online? Is that right? And if I already have a Citi AA MC Bronze card, will they lower the offer below 75K just because of that?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by shorelife
hmmm...I'm looking and looking, but it looks like everyone applied for either 50K or 75K miles bonus through a phone offer -- and there's no way to do that online? Is that right? And if I already have a Citi AA MC Bronze card, will they lower the offer below 75K just because of that?
Say what? This post is very confusing (to me).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I've tried a few of the numbers in the thread to apply be phone. I got transfered to a department that said the only offer by phone is 30k.

Does anyone have a phone number that acknowledges the 75k offer (assuming you did not get an invite)?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by beachfan
I've tried a few of the numbers in the thread to apply be phone. I got transfered to a department that said the only offer by phone is 30k.

Does anyone have a phone number that acknowledges the 75k offer (assuming you did not get an invite)?
applied with the online links in this thread
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:07 pm

Citi

Citi - Business
The first (888) number appears to work for both pers & biz apps, at least as far as the automated system goes.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by Happy
Back to YMMV or "crap shoot" mode regarding previous cardholders.
Yeah, sigh.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorelife
Say what? There is NO phone offer. Read again and comprehend what are being written.

Originally Posted by beachfan

Offers can only be applied ONLINE. Summary post is on Page 14.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)

Citi

Citi - Business
We called the first number and got as far as the home phone, after which the "automated" response was the office is closed now and please call later. So we will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.