[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by mshah
Got my card a month ago. Applied for wife today and got "additional processing" response even after calling 1-866-606-2787 and they were not able to give the decision either. Don't know what would be the reason behind additional processing. She has no prior citi cards and she has a good credit history (receives all kinds of solicitation from citi). Let's see what happens.
Cn any one advise me if I should do another personnel app today (probably Amex) ? Will it count as 1 hard pull or two? I applied earlier today (3hours before)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:04 pm

Another update from me. So I applied for AMEX and got instant approval. The only difference between two application was AAdvantage account #. On Visa application I gave my wife's AA account number (just created) and on the second I did not. First one is pending review and the second one god approved instantly. I am not sure if providing your AA # makes any difference or not.

When I applied a month back I did not provide AA # either and I got instant approval as well (visa). They ended up matching my AA number instead of assigning a new one.

Hope this helps and I'll post what happens to the visa application.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by learningtime
Thanks for the data point. Did you enter your AA number on both screens?
Yes. Personal Visa was instantly approved, and I was asked to provide more info. re the business card app. (verify business is located at the address I provided). Still waiting for a decision on the business card.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 4:47 pm

I see on my first bill on my personal Amex that I can get 20K more miles by starting a Citi checking account and making 2 bill pays each month for 2 months. I went ahead and signed up. I think it is free checking if I maintain a $1500 balance. I also need to find out the cancelation fees if I want to drop it.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:41 pm

6000 balance

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I see on my first bill on my personal Amex that I can get 20K more miles by starting a Citi checking account and making 2 bill pays each month for 2 months. I went ahead and signed up. I think it is free checking if I maintain a $1500 balance. I also need to find out the cancelation fees if I want to drop it.
I posted about this offer on another thread and was told that the regular checking account had a $6000 balance required to avoid a steep monthly fee. They word the offer intentionally vague to make you think its a regular no fee account. The balance is a combined total of all accounts with them so if you have savings or cd or something else to help keep you over the 6k it helps.
Unless they offer some good interest I dont think parking 6k for a year is worth 20k miles. But I dont have big chunks lying around to play the milage games with, you may think it's a great deal.

Signed up DW for personal and business today (included her AA# on both) (business and home address the same) and was instantly approved...looks like she will get 150k as well. I dont use AA much but I think thats enough for first class to Europe, right?!?

Last edited by wise2u; Sep 7, 2010 at 7:45 pm Reason: edited to answer next poster's question
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by dhuey
Yes. Personal Visa was instantly approved, and I was asked to provide more info. re the business card app. (verify business is located at the address I provided). Still waiting for a decision on the business card.
Did you state that your business has a different address than your personal address or the same?
I believe some others stated that Citi would ask for verification of your business address if it was different from your address on your credit report/home address.
I'm wanting to know if they are asking for verification of business addresses in general or not.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by wise2u
I posted about this offer on another thread and was told that the regular checking account had a $6000 balance required to avoid a steep monthly fee. They word the offer intentionally vague to make you think its a regular no fee account. The balance is a combined total of all accounts with them so if you have savings or cd or something else to help keep you over the 6k it helps.
Unless they offer some good interest I dont think parking 6k for a year is worth 20k miles. But I dont have big chunks lying around to play the milage games with, you may think it's a great deal.

Signed up DW for personal and business today (included her AA# on both) (business and home address the same) and was instantly approved...looks like she will get 150k as well. I dont use AA much but I think thats enough for first class to Europe, right?!?
It's not a year. 2 months + "60-90 days".
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:33 pm

One more data point

I'm an existing Citi cardholder but had never had one of the AAdvantage cards—good thing I passed on the 30,000 offer they keep sending via snail mail (one came again today for maybe the 15th time)!

Just to add my data point, I got instant approved for both the Visa and the Amex, and I did the applications about 15 minutes apart (i.e. after I'd already been approved once I figured why not give it a shot...) in different browers.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Did you state that your business has a different address than your personal address or the same?
Same -- I've worked from home for 15 years. It really is my business.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by wise2u
...looks like she will get 150k as well. I dont use AA much but I think thats enough for first class to Europe, right?!?
Here's the AA Award chart: http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/f...ward-chart.jsp

125K round-trip if you can find a MilesAAver, 250K otherwise.

I've used the 40K economy roundtrip MilesAAver off peak a few times, and I love the value (not cpm, necessarily).

Since I'm getting 75K because of this thread, I'm combining one-way econ and one-way First (1J) awards for my next trip; first class better be worth it

Last edited by LittleCupcakes; Sep 7, 2010 at 10:47 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:08 am

read the threads

Originally Posted by godlovesugly
It's not a year. 2 months + "60-90 days".
the 20k offer for checking is discussed on the last few pages of the thread from '08 with that name....you have to keep it for a year, and do stuff like DD or billpay or make swipes every month to qualify...you also have to keep a $6000 balance or get hit with big fees.
The 40k checking+ savings promo you must be thinking of is targeted offer and you have to have 25k in savings for 3 months....probably longer if you have to wait on the points before closing it. you can read about it in the 40k thread.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
CSR wanted application ID

when I called 1-866-606-2961 to get the 'instant approval' after getting the 'wait till 10 days notice' AFTER applying, the CSR wanted an application ID....

Anyone else experienced that or should I call again ?

UPDATE: I called 1-888606-2787 and got the same thing ; this time I told them to xfer me to application status (888-201-4523) and the CSR there couldn't give me the 'instant approval' but said to wait.

I think the lesson here is if you want BOTH personal cards, you MUST apply at the SAME time (different browsers and/or laptop/PC).....because she said they have to review the info and to check if there are other existing AA CITI accounts.

Last edited by mrx900; Sep 8, 2010 at 9:35 am Reason: updated
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:29 am

I applied for both a business card and a personal card from the links in this thread. The business card was approved immediately, the personal card application earned a "wait and see" message.

I received the business card, charged the required amount, paid the bill, and the miles posted immediately.

I received a letter from Citibank asking for more information for the personal card, which I sent in yesterday.

Thank you for the information and the links.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:52 am

just got my card, 75k personal visa

so I have to spend 1.5 k to get the 75k miles,
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:58 am
Suspended

So is anyone going to risk a pull and try for a 4th card? Maybe a 2nd business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.