Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Called today to check on the status of my business card app. (They had requested proof that the business was located at my home address.) The rep. said that a different department handles the faxed/mailed information, and that they have a backlog at the moment. Check back next week, she suggested.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I see on my first bill on my personal Amex that I can get 20K more miles by starting a Citi checking account and making 2 bill pays each month for 2 months. I went ahead and signed up. I think it is free checking if I maintain a $1500 balance. I also need to find out the cancelation fees if I want to drop it.
not relevant to this thread.

Originally Posted by Stoughton
So is anyone going to risk a pull and try for a 4th card? Maybe a 2nd business?
I'd love to try it, I'm hoping for a hard pull with a denial of credit. I'll post an update later
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I'd love to try it, I'm hoping for a hard pull with a denial of credit.
Why? Is it to get the free report?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:30 pm

not relevant to this thread.

I'd love to try it, I'm hoping for a hard pull with a denial of credit. I'll post an update later
Did you mean "expecting" a hard pull with a denial of credit rather than "hoping"? Just curious.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
So is anyone going to risk a pull and try for a 4th card? Maybe a 2nd business?
you mean 3rd card right? i havent read anyone successfully getting 2 personals and 1 business from this 75k or 50k/50k offer.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Well, I'm in for the trifecta (all three 75,000 offers)... and got the dreaded 'application received, we will review it shortly.. blah blah blah' message.

Not all that optimistic since I was a big churner between 2006 and 2009.

I had hoped that because I actually received the offer from AA ... and twice at that (yeah, I know... 'AA' offered but it's 'Citi' that gives the card) I might have a better chance, at least for 1 of them anyway...

It's been depressing to see all the great mileage earning possibilities get seriously curtailed and/or removed all together in the past year and a bit (CC churning, bank account funding, Coins... Amex Travelers Checks). Got so close to AA 1MM, and now progress is completely shunted.
Well, looks like the business app was declined due to 'too many applications'. I guess I should not have applied for it along with the 2 personal cards. Since churning has been curtailed, I didn't bother checking if one could still do 2 personal and 1 business at one time (it's been well beyond 90 days since my last application due to the end of citi-churning).

At any rate, I figured the 2 personal cards would be declined as well, as I hadn't heard from them in about a week and a half. At any rate, I received a call today from Citi regarding my AMEX and VISA application, and first thing she mentioned was I already had an account with them. I figured this was going to be a denial (granted, confused why they'd call me to issue a denial). Well, it turns out she was calling to say I already had the maximum credit with Citi that they like to issue with 1 customer (over $90K credit line). She then continued to say that she can approve the new cards if I was willing to reallocate $12K from one of my other accounts over to the new Visa and Amex.

I agreed and she said that both my Visa and Amex would arrive within the week ^

At any rate, I know from reading this thread that some have been approved to only later be denied due to already having an AAdvantage account with them, but, I'm going to stay optimistic for now. She was kind enough to give her name and id number, and a different 1800 number than their credit application department, and said to call 'her' back if I don't receive the cards by mid next week.

So... for all you former citi-churners out there, this might be the turning point in what has been a generally bad year (either that or I was extremely lucky this time).
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cybaslacka
you mean 3rd card right? i havent read anyone successfully getting 2 personals and 1 business from this 75k or 50k/50k offer.

No, I mean a 4th card

I'm assuming the 2 personals are the must difficult combination and with the need to wait 60 days between apps, I don't know that anyone's had the elapsed time to go for all 3. My Visa Sig was in July, Amex in AUg. Had I thought this out better, I should have gone for both in July and attempted 2 more in Sept

But if they went for a business and a personal initially, in theory, they could go for the other personal and another business near the end of the promotion.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
First post from newbie.

Thanks everyone for link and info on the Citi AA. Just received approval for 75K Amex and awaiting word on 100K Biz visa. I was going to sign up for 30K offer on AA site before checking with this site.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Welcome to FT, sunalsorises!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Thanks to the OP and everyone who contributed to this thread.

I just received my AA Visa and will be on my way to earning a quick 100K in miles.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

My first 50k posted a few hours after my statement closed ^

My Amex statement should close tomorrow and I'm expecting the 75k to be posted soon after that. Time to finish up the remaining $9,000 or so on the Visa!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: No preference
Why? Is it to get the free report?
Originally Posted by learningtime
Did you mean "expecting" a hard pull with a denial of credit rather than "hoping"? Just curious.
It was sarcasm. 4 apps is crazy
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: aa
Do I need to CX old citi biz MC first?

I read back about 15 pages and dont think I found an answer to this question. I have been a citi biz MC holder since nov 2009, and have never had a citi biz visa. DO i need to CX the MC first before I apply for the visa? Also, since I have a tax id number for my company, do i use that instead of my ss number on the application?

Thanks in advance for the help, and if this has already been answered and i missed it, i apologize for asking again.

Jeffrey
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:36 am
Suspended

It was sarcasm. 4 apps is crazy
10-4

I've never claimed to have only good ideas
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
100K Business Visa

I applied for the 100K Business Visa. I had a Citi Business AA MC from 02-04 and from 08-09. I had to call twice to get approval and received only a $1000 credit line.

Charged $950 the first month and received the 50K bonus already. So I'll just make sure I charge $990/month for 11 months to get my second 50K miles. (Or ask for a credit increase after 6 mos!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.