Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
The US Mint will gladly help you ^
Take a walk through the "Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping" thread in the forum.
Saw it before I applied and definitely will do it! After going through my last 6 mos of credit card statements, I realize I shouldn't have a problem. I typically use my debit card for the cash back, and calculated I spent $3k without even trying. So it may just be to push me over at the end. And thank you!

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of Southwest Airlines, SW's directors, board or employees. I am fully responsible for my opinions posted.

Last edited by KelseyR; Sep 17, 2010 at 3:44 am Reason: disclaimer
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy to report, that first 50K miles showed up in my AA account. Didn't even realize that will push me beyond the 1M mark and into Gold territory (FWIW) by the end of this promo!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:42 pm

So, I have existing citi AA cards -- business and personal. Both were acquired earlier this year with 30+5k bonuses. I gave it a shot on the Amex for this bonus but was denied last month with the "this is for first time card users only." In reading through a signficant amount of the thread, I'm not finding any examples of anyone who was able to undo that determination. Just curious whether I missed anything. Anybody have any suggestions to increase the odds and whether there is a possibility of taking a second chance before the promo is over?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:48 pm

Struck Out

With a multi application in 2 screens
with an "express application" using info from previous Amex
Deferred to the application submitted and under review
So I'll take it as a rejection
Not sure if I should have used the short cut application
Waiting for the rejection e-mail/letter to come.
Guess we didn't have the luck to take advantage of this offer.
Last Citi cards were from almost a year ago (October - Amex only).
It was worth a shot
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:08 pm

I may have jumped the gun.

Applied and got approval on this card on Tuesday, not thinking, I put my husbands name on it as a second card holer. Yesterday we received the offers in the mail, one for me and one for my husband. Not that he really wants to, but does this mean he would not be able to apply for the card using the app that he received through the mail?

Just curious if anyone has been in this type of situation.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lilac13
I may have jumped the gun.

Applied and got approval on this card on Tuesday, not thinking, I put my husbands name on it as a second card holer. Yesterday we received the offers in the mail, one for me and one for my husband. Not that he really wants to, but does this mean he would not be able to apply for the card using the app that he received through the mail?

Just curious if anyone has been in this type of situation.
All that counts is the primary holder. The authorized user(s) do not count. Your husband can apply for the offer again.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
All that counts is the primary holder. The authorized user(s) do not count. Your husband can apply for the offer again.
Thank you, good to know just in case.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 1:42 am

Hi guys, sorry am new to this world of travel miles, have two simple questions

1) How long does it take to receive and be able to use the cards once applied for online? (average)

2) If it's $1 for 1 mile, does it literally mean that if my destination is 700 miles away that spending $700 would earn me a ticket there? I'm guessing its not so simple. Thanks for any help, sorry if the questions are unintelligent.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by electronsi00

1) How long does it take to receive and be able to use the cards once applied for online? (average)

2) If it's $1 for 1 mile, does it literally mean that if my destination is 700 miles away that spending $700 would earn me a ticket there? I'm guessing its not so simple. Thanks for any help, sorry if the questions are unintelligent.
if approved immediately, u will get the card in about 7 days. it costs apprx 25k in miles to get a domestic rd trip ticket in the US. however u can fly to asia for 70k rd trip.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)

With regards Q1 - read through this thread to see what others' experiences have been. A lot of examples have been posted. Please don't expect someone else to do this work for you.

Q2 - the short answer is "no". But have a look in the AA section of the forum for info on how the program works. This thread is for the credit card only, not the whole reward program.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:44 am

Here's my experience:

Applied for the 100K visa and got approved. Within five minutes I applied for the 100K business (alas using the same browser) and got the your application has been received note. Yesterday got this message:

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi Select(R) / AAdvantage(R)
American Express(R) account.

Here's what you should know
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
this time because:

o You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

We appreciate your interest and we hope to have the opportunity
to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

R. M. Pick
Credit Operations Department

Does this mean the other one that got approved will go through fine?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by gabz
Here's my experience:

Applied for the 100K visa and got approved. Within five minutes I applied for the 100K business (alas using the same browser) and got the your application has been received note. Yesterday got this message:

Why we're writing you

Here's what you should know
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
this time because:

o You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

We appreciate your interest and we hope to have the opportunity
to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

R. M. Pick
Credit Operations Department

Does this mean the other one that got approved will go through fine?

Thanks!
Yes...I got the same message when applying for a second personal card after being approved instantly for my first personal card. You should be fine. My wife got the personal visa and business visa. We will have 225K miles shortly
Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Naturally it is a NO.

A $1 spent will earn you 1 mile. However when flying 700 or 1000 or whatever miles, it does not mean 1 earned mile in your account would let you fly 1 mile distance. Common sense would tell you this is not how it works.

You would want to go to AA forum and read through the STICKY in that forum - where you would find many helpful information including the link to AA's award chart.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: aa
Here is a quick data point from our recent experience.

ME
Have churned countless personel and biz citi cards
own my own company and have always churned the citi MC
tried for the citi visa and made it to page three, then three days later got the email. Since I already had the MC they would not let me have the Visa as well.

Mrs travelinterpreters
have also churned many personal and biz citi cards, but with a different company name each time.
applied for the biz visa in a new company name, was told to call the number to se about progress. Two hours later was approved with a 13K limit.

What do you all think bout CX the biz card I have now and trying again?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by gabz
Here's my experience:

Why we're writing you
When did you apply for the AXP Personal card? (you only mentioned Visa, presumably personal first, then biz, presumably visa)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.