[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
So, after a couple of weeks of the application, I received this letter from Citibank Consumer Credit Services mentioning that they need to receive a completed and signed IRS Form 4506T. Has anyone here received the same request?

I applied in March/April for the UA Mileage Plus credit card (50,000 miles) and got approved instantly. Never was requested this kind of info...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by msmtr
So, after a couple of weeks of the application, I received this letter from Citibank Consumer Credit Services mentioning that they need to receive a completed and signed IRS Form 4506T. Has anyone here received the same request?

I applied in March/April for the UA Mileage Plus credit card (50,000 miles) and got approved instantly. Never was requested this kind of info...
Are you sure you put down the correct Social Security and address information? I would call and see what the real problem is. Could be very simple to fix.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by awk316
Another data point for the common question of "Can I sign up for all three?"...

I applied and was accepted for the 75k Visa. Points posted 2 days after statement closing/payment.

Approx 30 days later, I applied for the AMEX. Denied per "new customers only."

I applied for the business yesterday. No word yet.

I may try the AMEX again once it has been > 60 days from Visa approval. I read somewhere that they won't approve 2 apps in 60 days for personal. This would be just before the 10/31 deadline.

If you log into Citi, you can view a table of reduced mileage requirement to certain destinations...Link
What makes you believe that in 60 days Citi would consider you a new customer????????
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:16 pm

Thank you

Just a quick shout out to those who are so helpful in this forum. Decided to do some typical internet research two weeks ago, immediately found this forum, applied for the AA Visa and AMEX back to back, instantly approved for $15k lines on both, and received the cards yesterday. 150,000 of miles thanks to you.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:58 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by awk316
Another data point for the common question of "Can I sign up for all three?"...

I applied and was accepted for the 75k Visa. Points posted 2 days after statement closing/payment.

Approx 30 days later, I applied for the AMEX. Denied per "new customers only."

I applied for the business yesterday. No word yet.

I may try the AMEX again once it has been > 60 days from Visa approval. I read somewhere that they won't approve 2 apps in 60 days for personal. This would be just before the 10/31 deadline.

If you log into Citi, you can view a table of reduced mileage requirement to certain destinations...Link
Same thing happened to me. I applied for AA visa and got instant approval and I wish I applied amex at the same time. Cause one day later I applied and was denied cause of already being a customer lol even though it was only one day difference.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by FredS8887
Same thing happened to me. I applied for AA visa and got instant approval and I wish I applied amex at the same time. Cause one day later I applied and was denied cause of already being a customer lol even though it was only one day difference.
I too applied for the Amex a day after my approval for the Personal Visa and got the same message as you. However, I was able to get my wife a Personal Visa AND Business card through this offer. We will soon have 225K AAdvantage Miles
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:14 am

I have one inq on EX but utilization is kinda high will give it a shot, and report back.
I have AA business cards but no personal AA cards will go for the personal amex.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:31 am

My application for the Visa got held up, so I finally broke down and called yesterday. Turns out I was approved but hadn't completed some of the optional items on the application (the ones that didn't have a star next to them). Guess maybe they aren't optional after all. Also kind of funny since I've had another Citi card for at least 20 years.

FYI, the credit limit was about 1/3th of what I have on all of my other cards, including the one at Citi. Still plenty, but thought that a bit strange.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wife got 75k plus spend miles with the close of the first statement like clockwork! I can not help but just imagine if all those prior 25/35k cards had been 75k/100k ones
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:48 am

75K posted on my AA account today
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mshah
75K posted on my AA account today
same here, got it for the bus. card 75k. for the personal card, i went for the 50/50 deal and didnt make the 750 spend in the first month, darnit. woulda been nice getting the 50k after first month before i continued onto the 10k spend
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Wife got 75k plus spend miles with the close of the first statement like clockwork! I can not help but just imagine if all those prior 25/35k cards had been 75k/100k ones
What about the good old-old churn days when some of those cards were 12.5k or 15k Gold MCs?

(In my grandpa's voice) And we were happy to get 'em!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Cancel existing card before applying?

Originally Posted by tapakip
Just wanted to chime in with my report. Applied for the 75k Visa Personal card, and got the Additional Processing message, probably due to my current enrollment in another AAdvantage Mastercard that I just signed up for 6 months ago. I was a little discouraged, but felt I should apply for the 75k business card anyway, and was pleasantly surprised to see I was approved with a huge credit limit.

Thanks so much FT community and OP. This is easily the best deal I've stumbled across when it comes to AA miles. I've been doing them for years, and it's gotten me and the wife to Hawaii from Boston, and many other places.

Woohoo!
As an existing AAdvantage cardmember (I currently have the personal AAdvantage World Mastercard) for only 2 months, I am considering canceling my current PERSONAL card and applying for the Visa 75k BUSINESS card.

Have others who currently have an AAdvantage card been approved for the 75k offer (personal or business) like tapakip was? I've read some posts about people being denied for being "current customers" while others have been approved instantly--or later.

It truly seems like YMMV here, but just wanted to see if anyone canceled a current card and had success with the 75k?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rionio77
As an existing AAdvantage cardmember (I currently have the personal AAdvantage World Mastercard) for only 2 months, I am considering canceling my current PERSONAL card and applying for the Visa 75k BUSINESS card.

Have others who currently have an AAdvantage card been approved for the 75k offer (personal or business) like tapakip was? I've read some posts about people being denied for being "current customers" while others have been approved instantly--or later.

It truly seems like YMMV here, but just wanted to see if anyone canceled a current card and had success with the 75k?
If you do not have a business card before, you can apply the business card while keeping your personal card.

The existing customer clause applies to EACH category (personal and business) separately. It does not distinguish different types among SAME category (MC, AMEX, Visa).

People who got approvals while holding active / open AA cards - their cards were opened at least 18 months or longer time ago. This certainly is not your case. It is the DETAILS in each case that make the difference.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
My wife and I received the personal Visa cards today! We'll use these left and right and get those 100,000 x 2 bonus miles soon enough. Still waiting to hear on my business card app.

Thanks once again to those who alerted us all to this fantastic deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.