Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juggler451
I was able to citi to reallocate from an AA cards to affiliate cards (associates bank about 24 months ago, and american dental associate about 12 months ago). But, I think I was lucky. I know some people weren't able to do it that tried w/ the same cards. Not sure if you can try and hang up and repeat w/ any success. Maybe try to get switched over to a credit analyst.
It was just a phone call a year ago and instantly happened in many cases. The longest wait was 4 hours on my last re-allocation. This year we have not been able to move some CL from an AA MC to a PPE card - been making request every month - were told in Feb that after the C.A.R.D. Act we should be able to do in a couple months. Not so when we asked in June, again in July. We haven't tried in August, yet.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It goes by your SSN. I have friend left the FF number blank and is denied for the same reason.

By now people should learned from reading that Citi only has 2 categories - personal and business - all types in the same category are lumped together so it does not matter which type of personal card you have had in the past, MC, AMEX or Visa - it is still a personal card and you would get denied unless you are very lucky to somehow slip through the screening process.
Thanks for saving me the time and pull on my dads application
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Hi5z
Both are personal?
Yes, was approved for the 2 personal Citi AA offers at the same time (instant approval on one while the other had delayed approval).

Have I already violated the T&Cs?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I suspect the review is for the manual review of the "first time" clause.

Please do report back if you eventually get your card. It has been reported in the recent past (just a few months ago) that people got instant approval or delayed approval on the phone after online application and still received denials based on the "first-time customer" clause.
Interesting. I figured I had passed the "first time review" part with the agent. We even talked about how much I use my current citi card. I figured either the credit reallocation or the business card I was already approved for(same day) had tripped the additional review. Here's to hoping!!!!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:45 pm

Does anyone happen to know what e-mail address this offer was sent from? Was it [email protected] or a Citi address?

Is there anything additional in the e-mail than the copy/paste that vu0219 made on page 7 of this thread?

What date was it sent?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: Lotz
Gr8 Credit Neighbor Denied for Inquiries

A neighbor forwarded the email from Citi that she was declined because of too many credit inquiries on Experian.

She got the United card in April, and the two SPG's in June. That's all; no other inquiries for many years. 3 prior inquiries in 4 months. I guess Citi and AmEx both use Experian in DC. (I didn't think Chase did).

I had the same ones plus 2 Citi's in May so I'm backing off applying to Citi again soon.

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 16, 2010 at 6:27 pm
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was able to citi to reallocate from an AA cards to affiliate cards (associates bank about 24 months ago, and american dental associate about 12 months ago). But, I think I was lucky. I know some people weren't able to do it that tried w/ the same cards. Not sure if you can try and hang up and repeat w/ any success. Maybe try to get switched over to a credit analyst.
+1. I think I got lucky, too, not once but twice. I applied for the AA Personal Mastercard in June 2009 and got some credit line re-allocated from my PP. Then I applied for the AA Personal Visa in September 2009 and again successfully moved some credit line from the PP. I did use the Citi PP card as my main card prior to the churn (and before I joined FT ), so I guess I had established quite a good record and history with Citi.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
A neighbor forwarded the email from Citi that she was declined because of too many credit inquiries on Experian.

She got the United card in April, and the two SPG's in June. That's all; no other inquiries for many years. 3 prior inquiries in 4 months. I guess Citi and AmEx both use Experian in DC. (I didn't think Chase did).

I had the same ones plus 2 Citi's in May so I'm backing off applying to Citi again soon.
Back in the days of churning, you could go 2 credit pulls in 60 days. Sounds like your neighbor violated that "old" rule, assuming it has not changed.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:39 pm

just applied for the business version and i already had the personal , instant approval and got the confirmation about the 75k miles too.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by deant
Back in the days of churning, you could go 2 credit pulls in 60 days. Sounds like your neighbor violated that "old" rule, assuming it has not changed.
I guess that means I should go 60 days past my 2 SPG's on 7/15 before I do any more apps. I wonder if that's true for Chase also.

Strange since a lot of people got both the SPG's and now these Citi's.

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 16, 2010 at 8:17 pm
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I've been following this thread from the beginning and have read every single post, but I haven't seen this question answered yet:

Has anybody been approved for a new business card even though they already have a current business card? If so, did you use a different business name?

If nobody has attempted/been approved for this yet, what are the opinions on it? I know that a couple people responded to my question a while ago about multiple business names, but this was a brand new offer at the time and haven't heard of any success/failures attempting this method.

Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Never had a Citi Visa. Applied online about a week ago, but I have a fraud alert on my credit file, so I always have to contact the card company to follow up on apps. Called this evening to authenticate the app and was approved. Confirmed the 50/50 offer. I was just barely able to refrain from falling to the floor and spinning around saying "woop, woop, woop" like Homer Simpson. Man, I love free miles way too much. This will make 300K for cc apps this year.

Andyandy
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I guess that means I should go 60 days past my 2 SPG's on 7/15 before I do any more apps. I wonder if that's true for Chase also.

Strange since a lot of people got both the SPG's and now these Citi's.
I think that rule was only for Citibank - not for any card.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I've been following this thread from the beginning and have read every single post, but I haven't seen this question answered yet:

Has anybody been approved for a new business card even though they already have a current business card? If so, did you use a different business name?

If nobody has attempted/been approved for this yet, what are the opinions on it? I know that a couple people responded to my question a while ago about multiple business names, but this was a brand new offer at the time and haven't heard of any success/failures attempting this method.

Thanks a lot!
I'm planning to apply for second business card in September. I'm thinking about applying for an EIN to try and help my chances of getting another bonus. I don't have any evidence that having an EIN versus using my social will make a difference, but I think it might help.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
I'm planning to apply for second business card in September. I'm thinking about applying for an EIN to try and help my chances of getting another bonus. I don't have any evidence that having an EIN versus using my social will make a difference, but I think it might help.
I am planning to do sort of the same thing-- I have had a biz card under my SSN, but plan to apply for one under my EIN next month. Like you, I don't know if that would help, but I don't see any downside. Unlike you (it seems) my biz card is closed, so this may not be quite the same.

I think I've read every post in this thread, and I am really trying to patiently wait to apply, so some of my old apps get some more age on them...I do hope it runs through October.

(Tough to be patient though!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.