Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 6:37 am

It was shocking how fast after doing the on-line application the answer came! It's a matter of seconds. I can't wait to start racking up the miles once I get the plastic.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 6:47 am

update to my earlier post

Originally Posted by cevee
I was approved for both visa and amex -and called to answer questions and be approved - verified the offer then and messaged citi to confirm the offer and the visa records showed yes I have the offer however the amex message came back with this

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you.

since I applied online I do not have the front and back of the offer -so I guess all I can do is submit a screen print of the offer- has anyone else had this happen? If so did you send a screen print and did they confirm? Thanks!
oops - I can't find a screen print of the offer- I searched this thread and one at another site and don't see one- can anyone point me to it? thanks!
Duh! I apparently did not select the amex card from the drop-down when I sent the email to citi cust svc - I just noticed and re-sent my request with the correct account selected, so hopefully they will confirm shortly - will let you know. I want to thank Schutzee for sending me a pdf of the original offer- this is such a great site, with really nice people!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:15 am

When can we cancel!

One of our citi cards that we applied for early august has thr 75000 miles posted (statement just recently closed). I want to cancel it and try for the reapply in late October since 60 days will have passed.

Does it matter WHEN I cancel? As in, are there any minimum account life terms tied to this card?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by tzoom84
One of our citi cards that we applied for early august has thr 75000 miles posted (statement just recently closed). I want to cancel it and try for the reapply in late October since 60 days will have passed.

Does it matter WHEN I cancel? As in, are there any minimum account life terms tied to this card?
If it is for the personal card, you are no longer a first time customer. Therefore, a denial is imminent. Only people that have received the personal card an extended amount of time ago (1+ years) will be considered by the system to be new customers.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:15 am

I am new to the forum and apologize for the questions if they have been answered before:
1) Do people cancel the card within a year or two? what will be the impact to their credit score and future applications of new card?
2) Is the card cancellation process hassle free?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
cw-

Welcome aboard.

You can search this thread as well as the "jig is up" thread in the "Other credit card" forums for your answers. You can search by "cancel", "FICO", etc.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
Quick data point: My American Airlines Visa statement period closed yesterday and the 75,000 bonus miles were in my account this morning.

Thank you flyertalk!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:29 am

Still I can't find the answer to this question: After providing address confirmation docs to Citibank for the Business card how long do they take to get back to you with a decision or the card? Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
And, here I thought creating businesses out of thin air was what the American economic system encouraged. Didn't two guys named Steve start a little biz in a garage near SF out of thin air?

In any event, you do not have to have income to have a business. All businesses start out with no income....
By thin air for the purpose of getting this card, I mean there is no real business -- just a pretend one. Yes, of course, starting a business out of nothing is just fine. But if you make something up on the application that has no basis in reality, that's probably a fraudulent application.

Also, keep in mind that the business app. asks you for the income of the business (separate question from personal income). If you put $0 for that, it might hurt your chances of getting the card.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Still I can't find the answer to this question: After providing address confirmation docs to Citibank for the Business card how long do they take to get back to you with a decision or the card? Thanks!
For me:

Applied for business card on Aug. 29th, called on Sept. 2nd and learned they needed address confirmation, faxed in materials on Sept. 2nd, got the card on Sept. 15th.

Note that I called to check the status on Sept. 9th or so, and the agent had no idea what the status of my app. was.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
If it is for the personal card, you are no longer a first time customer. Therefore, a denial is imminent..
whoops! Silly forgetful me. I'll probably cancel anyway because we have an Amex we're happier with right now. Plus it leaves an opening for other future citi offers
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:20 pm

Final update

Originally Posted by cevee
Duh! I apparently did not select the amex card from the drop-down when I sent the email to citi cust svc - I just noticed and re-sent my request with the correct account selected, so hopefully they will confirm shortly - will let you know. I want to thank Schutzee for sending me a pdf of the original offer- this is such a great site, with really nice people!
I just checked and citi amex confirmed the offer for my card- thanks again - now all DH and I have to do is find a way to spend 6k and we'll have 300K AA miles! wow!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:04 pm

Different people, same AA account number?

Because it is convenient to have AA points in one account rather than spread across two, I'm wondering if my wife could sign up for one of these cards and use my AA number? Would they allow or notice this?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sanjosanjo
Because it is convenient to have AA points in one account rather than spread across two, I'm wondering if my wife could sign up for one of these cards and use my AA number? Would they allow or notice this?
won't work
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
You can cancel at any time, but of course it would be very foolish to do so early. There's no ANNUAL fee the first year, so what would possibly motivate a person to cancel the card early?

Having available credit on your credit report helps improve your usage ratio, so helps keep your FICO score higher.

The rational course of action is to use the card somewhat until a couple of months before the anniversary date, then call to cancel. If you've been using the card a bit, they'll offer you some sort of incentive to keep it open. The last two times I did that I was offered 5,000 miles to keep it open today. I agreed, and after those miles posted cancelled them.

Originally Posted by tzoom84

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.