Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:39 am

Do you know how to delete my cancel citi cards from my online account? I used to be able to do this but not anymore.

I have 2 cancelled account which I can see online but I just don't have a way to delete them. No harm just annoying.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spacehawk
Do you know how to delete my cancel citi cards from my online account? I used to be able to do this but not anymore.

I have 2 cancelled account which I can see online but I just don't have a way to delete them. No harm just annoying.
Under "account profile" select "edit account preferences" and from there you can remove cards
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:24 am

Anyone happen to know how to set the cash advance limit using online access? I've seen references to folks doing it, but can't find that feature while logged in to my account.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:24 am

Works like a charm and you made my day! Thanks a lot for solving my headache for a month^

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Under "account profile" select "edit account preferences" and from there you can remove cards
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Anyone happen to know how to set the cash advance limit using online access? I've seen references to folks doing it, but can't find that feature while logged in to my account.
Not sure how to do it online, but I called and did it for both cards...took about 5-10 mins.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Not sure how to do it online, but I called and did it for both cards...took about 5-10 mins.
Via secured email, including request to lower credit line and close account. Sometimes they come back to tell you to call. A second request usually is all it takes.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:01 am

Great tips and it's hassle-free. I hate the call, wait and transfer game...

Originally Posted by Happy
Via secured email, including request to lower credit line and close account. Sometimes they come back to tell you to call. A second request usually is all it takes.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I don't know if this is helpful or just blather, but I don't recall reading of a similar situation of late. I'd never had a Citi card before but got the personal Visa with the 75K bonus about a month ago. I just applied for personal Amex and, after needing to call and wait on hold for 10 minutes, was approved, though with a ridiculously low credit limit. Perhaps this info might help someone. I only recall recent posts of people successfully getting both personal cards with same-day applications.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:56 am

Will I qualify? Please help

Hi,
I have a Citi AAdvantage, MASTERCARD, platinum level. Can I apply for "Citi Addvantage VISA Platinum select to get the 75K bonus miles? Thanks in advance for your help
Trang
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by abitlost
I don't know if this is helpful or just blather, but I don't recall reading of a similar situation of late. I'd never had a Citi card before but got the personal Visa with the 75K bonus about a month ago. I just applied for personal Amex and, after needing to call and wait on hold for 10 minutes, was approved, though with a ridiculously low credit limit. Perhaps this info might help someone. I only recall recent posts of people successfully getting both personal cards with same-day applications.

I was able to get the Citi Visa card approved instantly. Amex I had to call for approval but was given a higher limit than Visa. I have had other Citi cards (Visa/MC) in the past but none associated with any airlines.

Also to note my statement on the visa closed maybe a week or 2 ago. I paid it a couple of days ago, just checked my AA account and I have 76,530 miles. 75K from the promo and the rest from the spend. Not sure if I got the miles posted as soon as I paid or as soon as the statement closed. In any case I'm happy
Old Sep 18, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: Grounded
Hm, so it turns out my AMEX was declined due to "did not score a sufficient number of points." Given that I have a 760 credit score (equifax and transunion though, not experian), I suspect this is code for another reason. Too many credit pulls (1 non-citi, and then the 2 citi apps)? Too many citi cards (4 now, this would be the 5th )? *shrug*

Anyone know if they've successfully managed to get the card after this point? I have to call account status on Monday morning to talk to someone. Fingers crossed for a "oh you're missing this, approved!" discussion.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k
I signed up for the 50k/100k personal visa card on Aug 20 and already hit the $10k requirement, but my statement will close early Oct. Since the promotion doesn't expire till the end of Oct, I'm thinking of signing up for another card, but this time an Amex instead of Visa.

My question is, when can I sign up for another 50k/100k card? Should I wait 8 weeks since I applied for my first card? Should I try for the business instead of the personal card? And do I need to close my current AA Visa before applying again?

I should also note that I called AAdvantage today to talk to them about a recent trip I took, and at the end of the call they told me I was eligeable for an AA Amex card, but only for 5000 miles after $125 in purchases. =\

Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Trang
I have a Citi AAdvantage, MASTERCARD, platinum level. Can I apply for "Citi Addvantage VISA Platinum select to get the 75K bonus miles?
I believe so since Citi AA MC and Citi AA Visa are two different products. (if you never have a Citi AA Visa before)

Good luck!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greendx
Also to note my statement on the visa closed maybe a week or 2 ago. I paid it a couple of days ago, just checked my AA account and I have 76,530 miles. 75K from the promo and the rest from the spend. Not sure if I got the miles posted as soon as I paid or as soon as the statement closed. In any case I'm happy
Miles posted within 48 hours after statement closed if no weekend is involved. It never has anything to do with payment.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lin821
I believe so since Citi AA MC and Citi AA Visa are two different products. (if you never have a Citi AA Visa before)

Good luck!
Unfortunately it is not true.

Citi only distinguishes different Categories - Personal and Business. Within each category, it treats all brands the same.

If anyone has spent some time reading this thread, such question has been asked at least a doz times and correct answers either by prior knowledge or by current experiences also have posted many times - that is, all brands of personal cards are treated as PERSONAL Card, ditto for business cards. That is why people applied 2 personal cards back to back within minutes to avoid the "first customer only" denial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.