Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by freezefactor
C1e-C2w *A airline that has 3 C1 destinations, $235 ai with a very usable 1x. Not on ITA/GF.
Finally someone who uses his time on creating great useful deals instead of useless chat. Appears your factor is not so frozen.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:11 pm
Suspended

(Gone)C4-Nice France or Warsaw Poland One Way

Gone.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 21, 2016 at 6:05 am
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:27 pm

und taeglich gruesst das Murmeltier
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:48 am
Suspended

3 Transatlantic one-ways € 48,75 each one way

Buy a one-way into a Commonwealth Island in western hemisphere for € 65,35

Then add three (3) Transatlantic One-ways for € 48,75 each.

The above prices are all-in and bookable on world's largest OTA.

This is how NOT to design and code fare rules

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 21, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Take an 13+ hour 2 segment inbound flight to Paris.

Spend a vacation in Europe

Then Fly from another European airport or New York City to have an African Safari

Then after the safari return to Europe or New York.

Pay as low as $ 357.58 All-in.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 21, 2016 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Buy a one-way into an Island in western hemisphere for € 65,35

Trying to replicate this and the other interesting itineraries you post. Where do your itineraries start from when you say buy a one-way to an island... asssuming its C1 but C1E or C1W?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wildboar
Trying to replicate this and the other interesting itineraries you post. Where do your itineraries start from when you say buy a one-way to an island... asssuming its C1 but C1E or C1W?
Where do your itineraries start ?
That is the key question, which we will leave unanswered for now. As a hint, I amended the posting a bit. Pre conceived assumptions are often wrong.
Clearly this itinerary is only usable for few people.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 21, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: pandas
Take an 13+ hour 2 segment inbound flight to Paris.

Spend a vacation in Europe

Then Fly from another European airport or New York City to have an African Safari

Then after the safari return to Europe or New York.

Pay as low as $ 357.58 All-in.
When you say Safari, is it peak safari season, or is it just the place you're referring to?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:52 pm

Buy a one-way into a Commonwealth Island in western hemisphere for € 65,35

the total true price is 143€ AI (maybe less) and you didn't get it because you post old dump that you didn't discover by yourself.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Is this a trick? Can I improve this?

nvm gone

Last edited by davidvc; Oct 20, 2016 at 8:28 am Reason: gone
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by davidvc
I found SFO/LAX-KUL//CPH-ORD for $392 ai by accident; is this a fuel trick fare or just a good price? I don't see any fuel surcharges when I look at it on ITA.
Neither. Also it looks like whatever you saw originally is gone now.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have been obsessively study and pricings FDs for the past year and finally decided to book one. I purchased a ticket on a major OTA over a week ago. I got the confirmation number from the OTA and thought that everything was fine

When I view the full itinerary, I see the ticket number with a detailed list of all of the flights. But under passenger and ticket information, it shows the 3x with a slightly different ticket number.

It also gives a confirmation number for airline 1, but for the 3x airline the confirmation number says pending.

When I look up the confirmation from the ticketing airline, I do not see the 3x flight. It says to view complete itinerary or make changes contact OTA.

In the Summary Section it says:

The fare details are not available for this booking because there has been a change in itinerary.

I paid the OTA for the entire trip, and have not received anything else from them. How can I find the confirmation number for the 3x without calling the airline? I would think it would be just as bad to call the OTA?

If my 3x flight was never confirmed, will the airline know this and make me pay a recalculate fare when I check in for the flight?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by sbgmiles
I have been obsessively study and pricings FDs for the past year and finally decided to book one. I purchased a ticket on a major OTA over a week ago. I got the confirmation number from the OTA and thought that everything was fine

When I view the full itinerary, I see the ticket number with a detailed list of all of the flights. But under passenger and ticket information, it shows the 3x with a slightly different ticket number.

It also gives a confirmation number for airline 1, but for the 3x airline the confirmation number says pending.

When I look up the confirmation from the ticketing airline, I do not see the 3x flight. It says to view complete itinerary or make changes contact OTA.

The fare details are not available for this booking because there has been a change in itinerary.

I paid the OTA for the entire trip, and have not received anything else from them. How can I find the confirmation number for the 3x without calling the airline? I would think it would be just as bad to call the OTA?

If my 3x flight was never confirmed, will the airline know this and make me pay a recalculate fare when I check in for the flight?
Do you need to fly the 3x?
If not, I would just leave it like this and fly the first segments, then maybe call in about the 3x.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by sbgmiles

Just chill. Don't call OTA or you will ruin it for everyone. Of course it was confirmed. Just fly your regular flights.
If you can't stand heat and uncertainty, don't buy FDs
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
C1-C5 $300.66 with lots of routing options and date options. For a dollar more you have a long layover in one of europe's nicer cities (no, it is not NCE).

Lots of availability if you can pair the right airlines with the right OTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.