Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: OW, *A
Originally Posted by xtra88
C2e-C3 100 eur with 3x on CA (very specific and not common 3x)
Originally Posted by man4business
Meanwhile 268 € but this is far from 100 euro and no matter what 3x is...
268 Euro is about the lowest I found so far... 100 Euro is tempting without the cavity search ^
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Did you factor in the cost of the visa and cavity search?
visa required (for you) for both departure and arriving x-factor countries.
150-200 eur all major C3 airports served by CA.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:04 pm

is there anyone able to dump TK recently?
C3se-C2: fat is around 70% of fare. however I am unable to cut it out (I am a beginner though).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by blueferrari
is there anyone able to dump TK recently?
C3se-C2: fat is around 70% of fare. however I am unable to cut it out (I am a beginner though).
possible, no x needed, not any destination
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:13 am

Trying to escape from C2e big winter to C3 smile OCT-NOV RT.
GreatWall//GolfArab//TukTuk in the game +.
30bucks to island - 291$ (-$88) // Cheap C5 - 325$ (-$50) // self 261$ (-$113) but only in ITA
Stuck but ready to dig other tech.
No luck with OTA for Tuk, only one mobile APP, price disappears before payment step, fully ITAble. Found 1 payable other C3 islands route 270$ very specific, dates, OTA, POS, not ITAble.
Long work and small result. Any hints to complete the quest
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Fly4Fly
30bucks to island - 291$ (-$88) // Cheap C5 - 325$ (-$50) // self 261$ (-$113) but only in ITA
No luck with OTA for Tuk, only one mobile APP, price disappears before payment step, fully ITAble. Found 1 payable other C3 islands route 270$ very specific, dates, OTA, POS, not ITAble.

Anyone have a decoder ring?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:41 am

Don't code your questions, only code functional dumps, 1Xs, 3Xs, etc. It's not easy or encouraging to help someone who needs you to decode his question in order to help him.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by briancw80
Anyone have a decoder ring?
I'm at a complete loss.
Someone call Rainman

#YORO

Last edited by flylonghaul; Jun 29, 2016 at 9:57 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: UA, Aegean, Turkish
urgent ist-dac

found alternative route

Last edited by freezycold; Jun 29, 2016 at 12:10 pm Reason: found alternative route
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by freezycold
Dear Trick-It Community,

I was affected by the heartbreaking tragedy in Istanbul, as I was to fly from Atlanta to Dhaka via IST to visit a family member who is near the end of her life, but my outgoing flight was of course canceled in the wake of events. I need to urgently get to Dhaka from Atlanta (outgoing leg ASAP/return date flexible) and would appreciate any assistance in dumping this route on any airline.

I realize it is not the norm to share these sorts of tricks with strangers like myself, but I’m asking for a very specific one-time exception for a very limited circumstance.
What was your original itinerary? The carrier would likely be able to accommodate you on another flight, and you probably won't need to buy a new ticket. The forum for that airline may be able to help you navigate the process as well.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:40 am

Dear Trick-It Community,

I was affected by the heartbreaking tragedy in Istanbul, as I was to fly from Atlanta to Dhaka via IST to visit a family member who is near the end of her life, but my outgoing flight was of course canceled in the wake of events..
Neither TK32 or TK712 were cancelled

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk32
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk712

Honestly, I would suggest removing your posts immediately.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:24 pm

found alternative route
Yeah I thought you might.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:41 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Alitam
Don't code your questions, only code functional dumps, 1Xs, 3Xs, etc. It's not easy or encouraging to help someone who needs you to decode his question in order to help him.
It's all about CA/GF/TK and most effective found 3X's for C2e red square to surat thani. Overcoded maybe, so in addition TLH state fort/tiny sC5e/hubs, last working for many other С3 routes.
Just solved TK payment with major OTA.
Can't get lower then ~260$ RT in OCT/NOV anyway.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:16 pm

C2-C1+C2-C3 160 usd each (free 24h cancellation)

It's all about CA/GF/TK and most effective found 3X's for C2e red square to surat thani.
not far from truth

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 1, 2016 at 1:30 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

It's all about CA/GF/TK and most effective found 3X's for C2e red square to surat thani. Overcoded maybe, so in addition TLH state fort/tiny sC5e/hubs, last working for many other С3 routes.
Just solved TK payment with major OTA.
Can't get lower then ~260$ RT in OCT/NOV anyway.
Try a different strike, there are quite a few that work

The Kentucky Klondike Bar, The Panamanian Petting Zoo and The Alabama Hot Pocket all dump very well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.