Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Remember Alitalia, where the airline initially convinced quite a few people to give up and cancel. Shortly thereafter they agreed that the tickets should be honored and those who hadn't canceled were allowed to travel.
And Alitalia also tried to recall the paper tickets that were sent out as well. I know I was lucky that my UPS driver mentioned that they had just canceled one of the two envelopes I was supposed to get, but I got them both.

There often needs to be some public embarrassment involved to get them to do the right thing.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Well I booked through swiss.com and it says my reservation can't be viewed online, so how would I find out? I haven't seen anything that would suggest I have a ticket number. This is an area in which I'm clueless.

It seems like a lot of people haven't been contacted yet, at least of those that are booked on LX metal across the pond, no? I'm not really that confident anymore, but I'm just a bit surprised that I still haven't been contacted.
Hmm. Well at least LX.com isn't telling you your reservation has been cancelled. Has your credit card been charged? If so, then you have ticket numbers somewhere and the credit card company should be able to provide them.

You may be able to get ticket numbers by calling AC and getting their confirmation number for the YYZ-YUL-YYZ flights.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Well I booked through swiss.com and it says my reservation can't be viewed online, so how would I find out? I haven't seen anything that would suggest I have a ticket number. This is an area in which I'm clueless.

It seems like a lot of people haven't been contacted yet, at least of those that are booked on LX metal across the pond, no? I'm not really that confident anymore, but I'm just a bit surprised that I still haven't been contacted.
@:-)

What about calling LX and say something like "... I'm calling on behalf of my boss, attorney lucky9876coins of the lucky9876coins litigation law firm. Attorney lucky9876coins has asked me to call and select seats on his upcoming itinerary..."

And find out as much information as you can without agreeing to anything.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
Reminds me of this classic:

If Paint was sold like Plane Tickets

Buying Paint from a Hardware Store:

Customer: Hi. How much is your paint?

Clerk: We have regular quality for $12 a gallon and premium for $18. How many gallons would you like?

Customer: Five gallons of regular quality, please.

Clerk: Great. That will be $60 plus tax.

Buying Paint from an Airline:

Customer: Hi, how much is your paint?

Clerk: Well, sir, that all depends.

Customer: Depends on what?

Clerk: Actually, a lot of things.

Customer: How about giving me an average price?

Clerk: Wow, that's too hard a question. The lowest price is $9 a gallon, and we have 150 different prices up to $200 a gallon.

Customer: What's the difference in the paint?

Clerk: Oh, there isn't any difference; it's all the same paint.

Customer: Well, then, I'd like some of that $9 paint.

Clerk: Well, first I need to ask you a few questions. When do you intend to use it?

Customer: I want to paint tomorrow, on my day off.

Clerk: Sir, the paint for tomorrow is the $200 paint.

Customer: What? When would I have to paint in order to get the $9 version?

Clerk: That would be in three weeks, but you will also have to agree to start painting before Friday of that week and continue painting until at least Sunday.

Customer: You've got to be kidding!

Clerk: Sir, we don't kid around here. Of course, I'll have to check to see if we have any of that paint available before I can sell it to you.

Customer: What do you mean check to see if you can sell it to me? You have shelves full of that stuff; I can see it right there.

Clerk: Just because you can see it doesn't mean that we have it. It may be the same paint, but we sell only a certain number of gallons on any given weekend. Oh, and by the way, the price just went to $12.

Customer: You mean the price went up while we were talking!

Clerk: Yes, sir. You see, we change prices and rules thousands of times a day, and since you haven't actually walked out of the store with your paint yet, we just decided to change. Unless you want the same thing to happen again, I would suggest that you get on with your purchase. How many gallons do you want?

Customer: I don't know exactly. Maybe five gallons. Maybe I should buy six gallons just to make sure I have enough.

Clerk: Oh, no, sir, you can't do that. If you buy the paint and then don't use it, you will be liable for penalties and possible confiscation of the paint you already have.

Customer: What?

Clerk: That's right. We can sell you enough paint to do your kitchen, bathroom, hall and north bedroom, but if you stop painting before you do the bedroom, you will be in violation of our tariffs.

Customer: But what does it matter to you whether I use all the paint? I already paid you for it!

Clerk: Sir, there's no point in getting upset; that's just the way it is. We make plans based upon the idea that you will use all the paint, and when you don't, it just causes us all sorts of problems.

Customer: This is crazy! I suppose something terrible will happen if I don't keep painting until after Saturday night!

Clerk: Yes, sir, it will.

Customer: Well, that does it! I'm going somewhere else to buy my paint.

Clerk: That won't do you any good, sir. We all have the same rules. Thanks for painting with our airline.
I know this post was a few pages back but this is pure entertainment greatness!!!! Thanks!!!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by SFO777

What about calling LX and say something like "... I'm calling on behalf of my boss, attorney lucky9876coins of the lucky9876coins litigation law firm. Attorney lucky9876coins has asked me to call and select seats on his upcoming itinerary..."

Wait until the dust settles, and the head honchos get back from their holiday vacation. Trying to force an issue (unless you're flying in the next week), isn't going to help anything.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

Hah - I like this!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called AC and was able to select seats for my YYZ-YUL segments, and also got my AC PNR. Love the attorney idea, but for now I'm not going to call LX for any reason.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm able to see my ticket on aircanada.com, but the status shows as "unticketed." Hmmm....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
So I'm able to see my ticket on aircanada.com, but the status shows as "unticketed." Hmmm....
The entire itinerary and not just the AC flights?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The entire itinerary and not just the AC flights?
No clue. Just looking at the itinerary on aircanada.com, and the status for the reservation is listed as "unticketed," so I would assume that means the whole itin, no?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
No clue. Just looking at the itinerary on aircanada.com, and the status for the reservation is listed as "unticketed," so I would assume that means the whole itin, no?
Yeah that suggests to me you have a reservation with no ticket number, probably because they pushed the red flag button before the ticket got issued.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Yeah that suggests to me you have a reservation with no ticket number, probably because they pushed the red flag button before the ticket got issued.
Fair enough, but I would have thought that they'd contact me by now. It has been over 72 hours, and I haven't heard....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
When my sister-in-law called travelocity yesterday, she was told that LX had informed Travelocity that 130 tickets globally (whether via travelocity, LX, or some other booking mechanism) had been booked through this fare.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
magiciansampras is probably correct, but the fact that you have reservation numbers and have not been contacted about your other itineraries over 72 hours after booking will count for something.

Things look bleak for me, with a travel date less than a week away, but I still firmly believe that eventually LX will come to their senses and honor these fares in Business Class.

I think the big cost for LX are the AC flights. Even though legally LX must honor those short and long haul AC flights, what I plan to offer LX is this: you let me fly LAX-ZRH-DEL instead of YYZ-YUL-ZRH-DEL and I will be on LX metal the whole time, sparing you the cost of paying AC for the codeshare flights.

If they scoff at that offer, I have no problem getting to YYZ, but I can't see how it would be a huge revenue loss to them if we travelled on all LX metal. Sure there is potential lost revenue, but they won't have to shell out money to others and we have paid the taxes on thses fares.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
what I plan to offer LX is this: you let me fly LAX-ZRH-DEL instead of YYZ-YUL-ZRH-DEL and I will be on LX metal the whole time, sparing you the cost of paying AC for the codeshare flights.
That s very kind of you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.