Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by tcook052
Other than saying it was not logical to you you really haven't offered much of an explanation of why accuracy would be unlikely to change in your opinion with a 24-hour airline back out clause. I have to the contrary; costs savings. Is it logical to expect businesses to maintain higher standards than they're obligated to by law?
That's not right. I have a causal story and that is that there is no incentive for airlines to change the status quo. They're not going to say, "we can be less accurate now," precisely because there is still only a 24 hour window. Were you around during that US Air mistake a few years ago? That went on an entire weekend. Airlines aren't dumb. They're not going to stop sanity-checking fares because they have 24 hours to cancel.

Originally Posted by tcook052
FYI, this isn't a big or small issue as it's actually a non-issue as few beyond yourself have ever proposed such an "out" for airlines so the point is academic at this point. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree amicably on this point as we obviously see things much differently.
We definitely see things differently. But let's be clear: I'm not suggesting an "out" for the airlines. They already have an out, it's called not honoring the mistake (see: Swiss). I'm giving an "in" to the passengers. @:-)
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps you two could get a room??
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
This serves as a gentle reminder that this thread is about the LX YYZ fares, and that discussion in this thread should be related a bit more directly to this fare, not to airline practices in general.

If you want to discuss a 24 hour cancellation policy for customers, a separate thread seems appropriate to me.

Kind Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run forums
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am the OP of this thread.

My sister-in-law went to LX, and the manager of the Canadian division of LX dealt with her, and agreed to give her a ticket for fees and taxes, only.

Initial conditions:

1. flight on LX metal from YUL to DEL via ZRH (ie the error booking was a business class flight from YYZ to DEL via ZRH - the YYZ-ZRH flight was a codeshare on AC).

2. flight in economy class
3. departure and return this calendar year.
4. the departure to return (arrival) date must be of the same time interval as the original booking.
5. he would not be responsible for her transportation between Ottawa and Montreal.
6. LX had to be contacted within a short period of time from the time of the original booking (I can not remember what that time period was), in order for the complaint to be dealt with. Obviously, she was not aware of this time limitation when she contacted LX; but she did contact LX within its self-imposed time limit.

Eventually he acquiesced on some of these conditions.

#3 - return flights can be next year - departure must still be this year.
#4 - the time interval between departure and return may not have to be the same number of days as the original booking.

With these conditions, she requested an economy class ticket - she left about 10 days ago, and returned yesterday.

To her surprise, she received a business class eticket - even though the manager upto the last moment said that she would receive an economy class.

She called him back - he did state that this time the business class ticket was not an error - but did not clarify further the change of heart. He did say that she would get no Aeroplan frequent flyer points with this ticket; he did say that she would only be entitled to an economy class baggage restrictions. She did have lounge access.

All that she paid was the fee and taxes, that travelocity asked for.

The question now is what sort of consideration did other passengers who booked the business class ticket for fees and taxes only, get from LX.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
The question now is what sort of consideration did other passengers who booked the business class ticket for fees and taxes only, get from LX.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...swiss-air.html
Old Jun 10, 2009, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Search for Business Class.

My dates are 05-10 Jan YYZ-DEL.

My routing is YYZ-YUL-ZRH-DEL and returning on the same routing.
In your case, did they give you consideration for going from LAX to ZRH (on LX metal), rather than your originally booked routing, as described above?
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Got nothing. Booked to ZRH and was told case was closed by some manager at LX. Booked direct at swiss.com, complained to CTA, got nowhere since ticket was never issued. Was going to do a quick weekend, but ended up with nada.

Glad at least a few got the trip!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I also managed to travel (ORD-ZRH-VIE) in C class. I posted a Trip Report on it, complete with photos.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
In your case, did they give you consideration for going from LAX to ZRH (on LX metal), rather than your originally booked routing, as described above?
Yes. It worked out better for both of us.

No miles for me though. I know at least two who were able to get full miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.