Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by dan1431
My limited understanding is that SWISS.com requires a human to actually be involved in the ticketing process somewhere and that is how things were not automatically processed.
Interesting...

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Even though legally LX must honor those short and long haul AC flights...
Why is this?

What legal precedents and/or laws are you referring to?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:54 am
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI
Interesting thread, LX don't seem to care about losing "thousands and thousands" of customers.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Marwanie
Interesting thread, LX don't seem to care about losing "thousands and thousands" of customers.
Honestly they're likely more concerned about losing thousands and thousands of potential revenue dollars, in this economy.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
hey, come on - a good customer is one who pays real cash for premium fares. they will for sure not whine about those 0$fare customers who will return for sure with the next error fare ... and anyway for one guy the offered him to travel the 0$fare itinerary in economy class ... still not a bad deal for 0$ plus tax.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:58 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Wasn't it just over 70 tickets that were issued? I bet it was under 50 people since I am sure several booked more than one ticket.

This will get virtually no press so not honoring the tickets is no big deal to them.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by dan1431
My limited understanding is that SWISS.com requires a human to actually be involved in the ticketing process somewhere and that is how things were not automatically processed.

Dan
that was true at least a couple of months/years back. some agency in BCN manually issued all tickets which were bought via swiss.com - therefore you couldnot book tickets within the 24hour timeframe to departure.
all the tickets i bought on swiss.com immediately resulted in an email containing the booking information. usually 2-8 hours later the second email with the etix-number was sent.

just before christmas i bought a ticket within the 24 hour timeframe and i immediately received the booking confirmation and the e-ticket.

maybe they changed their system.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by fti
Wasn't it just over 70 tickets that were issued? I bet it was under 50 people since I am sure several booked more than one ticket.

This will get virtually no press so not honoring the tickets is no big deal to them.
That's just apocryphal count of the Travelocity bookings. There were MANY more bookings than that made via the Swiss web site, Zuji, and probably other booking channels.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Just wondering how many ticket holders would gladly accept cash refund if LX is offering transportation to DEL in BIZ but without crediting miles for it...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Starbucks
Just wondering how many ticket holders would gladly accept cash refund if LX is offering transportation to DEL in BIZ but without crediting miles for it...
I'd go without the miles, but I wasn't ticketed to DEL.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:41 am
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI
Originally Posted by fti

IIRC one person commented in the thread saying that an agent claimed "thousands" had been booked.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
IIRC one person commented in the thread saying that an agent claimed "thousands" had been booked.
I did, and I was quoting a Travelocity.ca agent in India who told me, verbatim, that there were 'thousands and thousands' of these tickets issued...

Seems like everybody is getting a different story/number though...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I'd also be happy to take my trip to zrh without getting mileage credit for it.

Yesterday, I filed a complaint with the link provided by xyzzy. We'll see if that gets anywhere. Not holding my breath at this point. Like Dan1431 said, when I booked my ticket there was no breakdown of any charges...just a total for the ticket per passenger and a total for both me and my wife. We're supposed to go in mid-Jan, but not looking likely. We'll see if anyone has any success doing anything
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I did, and I was quoting a Travelocity.ca agent in India who told me, verbatim, that there were 'thousands and thousands' of these tickets issued...

Seems like everybody is getting a different story/number though...
True. The latest number I heard was ~150+ from Travelocity alone.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
There is truly such a thing as a zero base fare. Last May, Malaysian Airlines offered such fares:

http://www.forimmediaterelease.net/pm/1408.html

I guess one can truly argue that the LX fare may have been considered to be a promotional fare, just like the Malaysian fare (realizing one difference was the LX fare was a business class fare).
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So for those who have tickets for flights leaving tomorrow, what's the plan? Giving up or fighting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.