Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by divrdrew
I filed a complaint with the Canadian authorities. Got a call yesterday, but thought it may have been Swiss so I didn't answer. Message was that they normally don't deal with pre-flight issues (normally post-flight problems), but due to the nature of the problem, they would look into it and get back to me. Left me a name and number to call if I had any questions.

FWIW, I still have not seen a charge come through on my cc for either flight, though I will only take one of them.
Someone from the Canadian government actually called you back??? Spooky.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:57 pm
Suspended

I guess no one got this fare? I wish I can keep on top of these things.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by HotAirBus
I guess no one got this fare? I wish I can keep on top of these things.
I am not actually sure about that, while nobody has officially said one way or another, I have a suspician that this fare might still have a chance of being honored.

Honestly, the Canadian government has only started to investigate and without any outcome from their investigation, one cannot through in the towel just yet on this fare.

Dan
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:55 pm
Suspended

over 30 pgs and over 450 posts. alot filled by a few YAHOOs that said they will simply show up and fight it out at YYZ

Well it looks like they climbed back into their gopher holes

thats why its best Not to Brag what you are gonna do and no way will you allow them to CX it, and then do nothing about it when it comes the time
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craz
over 30 pgs and over 450 posts. alot filled by a few YAHOOs that said they will simply show up and fight it out at YYZ

Well it looks like they climbed back into their gopher holes

thats why its best Not to Brag what you are gonna do and no way will you allow them to CX it, and then do nothing about it when it comes the time
a s s / u / m e
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
a s s / u / m e
SO please fill Us in on what Happened when You showed up at YYZ and werent gonna let them deny you the flight?

I do believe you were 1 of those who said you were going no matter what, were you not?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: United 1k
a s s / u / m e
HAr HAr

sometimes quiet means nothing happened. Other times, in means something happened and they don't want to share.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: BD BAEC HHons
a s s / u / m e
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I too am curious to hear from those who may have gone to the airport.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by craz
SO please fill Us in on what Happened when You showed up at YYZ and werent gonna let them deny you the flight?

I do believe you were 1 of those who said you were going no matter what, were you not?
Who said he even went to YYZ?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
The new game is "Where in the world is MatthewLAX today"

Hope he had luck.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Who said he even went to YYZ?
very True could be he was able to swing say a LAX-???

although he was the only 1 to have replied to my post , he wasnt the only 1 posting how he wasnt gonna accept LX simply CXing his tkt

me thinks most everybody simply went on their merry ways after posting how they werent gonna take No for an answer. Not that I blame any of them, I too wouldnt have wanted to have wasted any Miles or $$$ to get to YYZ only to end up staying in YYZ. But then again I wouldnt have posted how Im not gonna let them get away with simply CXing my res out from under Me either.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:45 pm

Again, I am not sure that we (the FT community) know enough to make any assumptions at this point. While I do not have hard evidence one way or another, my gut still says that not all has been told yet and there is still more to be played out.

I would caution the doubters to remember that silence does not necessarily equate capitulation. It may just mean that back channels are being used that are not able to posted about right now.

One last point, there was a period of silence before the AZ YYZ-LCA tickets were sorted out and in that period of time members of our community used back channels to go about changing AZ's stance.

Again, I do NOT have hard evidence one way or another, but it just seems that some people on this board are working privately for a equitable resolution for all. Hence the silence.

Dan

Last edited by dan1431; Jan 8, 2009 at 8:03 pm
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dan1431
Again, I am not sure that we (the FT community) know enough to make any assumptions at this point. While I do not have hard evidence one way or another, my gut still says that not all has been told yet and there is still more to be played out.

I would caution the doubters to remember that silence does not equate capitulation. It may just mean that back channels are being used that are not able to posted about right now.

One last point, there was a period of silence before the AZ YYZ-LCA tickets were sorted out and in the period of time members of our community used back channels to go about changing AZ's stance.Again, I do NOT have hard evidence one way or another, but it just seems that some people on this board are working privately for a equitable resolution for all.

Dan
Agee 100%.
And IŽd go to YYZ
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
The new game is "Where in the world is MatthewLAX today"

Hope he had luck.
And if he did go to YYZ, did he pack for winter weather. -10c and snow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.