Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:06 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by margarita girl
First of all, let me say how sorry I am that I found this deal too late and wasn't able to book, esp since I live 20 mins. from YYZ! However, I've followed this thread with interest, and it reminds me of the AC mistake fare from Boxing Day 2007.

Anyhow, just thought I'd repost something that Mileage Addict posted in Apr 05 which I found quite amusing, and might be relevant here. Seems like we have quickly jumped to stage 5!

That being said, I wish everyone the best of luck in getting their tickets honored.
Great Post by Mileage Addict !! ^
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jakuda
On AA, one generally has a 24hr grace period with making changes on a discount ticket even though it might not be specifically stated on the fare rules. This is not an uncommon occurrence.
I was told by AA that their policy is you have to find a lower fare on the same day. In my case, I booked my tickets around 10:00pm, and at 7:00 the next morning, the fare had dropped. Grrrr...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
just got an e-mail from swissUS where THEY ask ME to CALL THEM regarding MY reservation... and of course it's a US number...

"unfortunately" i'm in Italy.... don't think will spend money to call them.... maybe i can consider to call italian number later in the week...

any suggestion regarding "to call" or "not to call"?

thank you
paffendorf

Last edited by paffendorf; Dec 29, 2008 at 6:52 am Reason: wording
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by beaubo
LX handled thıs mıstake fare ın typıcal Swıss manner- quıckly, effıcıently and accountably. ...

Agaın, ıf you can mount a credıble opposıtıon, by all means go for ıt. There ıs no bad press rısk for LX sınce theır response ıs not newsworthy, rather ıt was totally approprıate and reasonable!
I couldn't disagree with you more. Other than one person reporting that he has been called, and a couple of people saying relatives have called in, nobody has reported hearing ANYTHING directly from Swiss. I'd hardly call that timely or efficient. They have our telephone numbers and email addresses. If they were timely and efficient and were really canceling things I would have heard from them by now. Instead, the last communication I have from Swiss tells me what documentation I need to bring to the airport.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Dec 29, 2008 at 8:05 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I couldn't disagree with you more. Other than one person reporting that he has been called, and a couple of people saying relatives had been called in, nobody has reported hearing ANYTHING directly from Swiss. I'd hardly call that timely or efficient. They have our telephone numbers and email addresses. If they were timely and efficient and were really canceling things I would have heard from them by now. Instead, the last communication I have from Swiss tells me what documentation I need to bring to the airport.
Calling one or two people is hardly efficient in my book.^^^
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:56 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by paffendorf
just got an e-mail from swissUS where THEY ask ME to CALL THEM regarding MY reservation... and of course it's a US number...

"unfortunately" i'm in Italy.... don't think will spend money to call them.... maybe i can consider to call italian number later in the week...

any suggestion regarding "to call" or "not to call"?

thank you
paffendorf
I got the same e-mail with the same content from the Swiss International Airlines US - Administration Department.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:09 am

I just called my friends whom have NOT been contacted by phone yet and I had them check their inbox's and SPAM folders and no email from SWISS to date.

Dan
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a few minutes ago my brother and I got calls from Swiss telling us to call them back regarding our reservations. The message went something like:
"Please call us back in regards to a booking you made over the internet with confirmation number [XXXXX]. Please give us a call back so we can discuss the reservation with you. There have been processing errors and we need to speak with you about these flights, so kindly call us back."

Interestingly, we have multiple of these trips booked, but the confirmation number the agent referenced was our one reservation with Air Canada segments across the pond. Our other reservations with Swiss across the pond were not addressed.

For those that have been called by Swiss, were your overwater segments on Air Canada or Swiss? This could be interesting....
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed that for my brother's message they specifically said "There has been an error, and we'll need to rebook your flight for you." Could this mean that they're honoring tickets on LX metal, and rebooking those on AC metal to LX?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just noticed that for my brother's message they specifically said "There has been an error, and we'll need to rebook your flight for you." Could this mean that they're honoring tickets on LX metal, and rebooking those on AC metal to LX?
That would make sense. Fingers Crossed.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:55 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by MBM3
That would make sense. Fingers Crossed.
I got e-mail message regarding a reservation including AC segments.
BTW, Swiss tried to call me on my mobile... I detected them from the +111111 number.
When i answered the phone they hanged up. So Even better "i will say THEY REFUSED to talk with me after being disturbed"
LOL:P
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:30 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trooper
...but we still have NOONE who has actually paid for the flights.. do we?

ANYone? Anyone who has actually had their CC charged?

THAT question was asked several pages ago... still no hands up on that...

..and if you haven't paid then it isn't really a completed booking ...right?
Yes, as of this morning my credit card has been charged by zuji.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:35 am

Just spoke with Swiss Air regarding my itinerary with AC / LX. They offered to honor my ticket in coach, or reprice the ticket at ~$3,400, which is the lowest biz fair. I spoke with a supervisor, who seemed unsympathetic with the mistake, arguing the fare was priced at $0 plus applicable taxes (which is true, but it doesn't say that on my itinerary). Realizing I wasn't getting anywhere with the agent, I asked for the contact info of LX's legal team. The supervisor was only able to give me the phone number for LX's Admin office in Montreal, which is (514) 954-5600, or [email protected]. This is unacceptable. We need to get the higher ups at LX involved (since LX is not handing this properly) and / or contact the media asap to get the word out.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:42 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Just got an email possibly from Swiss

Dear Passenger,

Please contact Swiss International Airlines' Reservations Department at your earliest convenience. This is in regards to reservation # FLYERTALK. The number to contact Reservations is 877-359-7947. Please do not respond to this notice via email. Thank you.

Swiss International Airlines
Administration Department
Some issues I have with the email, which makes their email hold no legal ground:

A) There is no "Swiss International Airlines" But there is "Swiss International Air Lines A.G.", small difference but how do I know the email isn't from the defunct "Swissair" ?
B) I am not addressed directly (only customer) in this email nor is it signed.
C) The email is not from the swiss.com demain but purportedly sent by Swiss US reservations - I'm not a US citizen/resident and did not make my booking on the US version of the website - I expect either Switzerland or UK to contact me.

Based on the facts above, I'm not ringing them up and any calls they put through to me will be recorded. I'm also not willing to negotiate with them. It's that or a lawsuit (yes I will go through with it even though I am a long-time member here and this is not the first special offer I book over this website).
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I got a message to call SWISS at their 877 359 7947 number. I am hold because the person who answered has no clue what is going on. Now it is
a "system error ". Oh well - I will have to go to Zurich another time.

Seems we are on stage 7b - which means its time to move on.

Last edited by jan_az; Dec 29, 2008 at 8:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.