Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by GVA
Just got an email possibly from Swiss
I got the same email, with the following as the sender email address:

[email protected]

I do planning on calling today, but this is almost turning in to a comedy of errors.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:56 am

For those that are posting and were contacted by Swiss, please indicate whether you are flying AC or LX over the Atlantic.As Lucky9876Coins posted, Swiss may only be contacting passengers that booked on AC metal.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:57 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by MBM3
I got the same email, with the following as the sender email address:

[email protected]

I do planning on calling today, but this is almost turning in to a comedy of errors.
www.enhancedccs.com

Enhancing Customer Care One Contact At A Time!

Enhanced Customer Care Solutions, Inc. strives to bring the most innovative and cost effective solutions to the contact center industry. ECCS, Inc. is a privately held, US based outsource contact management and solution center. We are dedicated to helping clients acquire, retain, and maximize the lifetime value of their customer relationships.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:58 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by luckybills
For those that are posting and were contacted by Swiss, please indicate whether you are flying AC or LX over the Atlantic.As Lucky9876Coins posted, Swiss may only be contacting passengers that booked on AC metal.
I am booked on AC metal.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:59 am

IIRC LX does not fly to YYZ, so everyone should have at least YYZ-YUL on AC.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by szg
www.enhancedccs.com

Enhancing Customer Care One Contact At A Time!

Enhanced Customer Care Solutions, Inc. strives to bring the most innovative and cost effective solutions to the contact center industry. ECCS, Inc. is a privately held, US based outsource contact management and solution center. We are dedicated to helping clients acquire, retain, and maximize the lifetime value of their customer relationships.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by szg
I am booked on AC metal.

+1 -
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by MBM3
IIRC LX does not fly to YYZ, so everyone should have at least YYZ-YUL on AC.
True, I was just referring to the segment over the Atlantic.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just noticed that for my brother's message they specifically said "There has been an error, and we'll need to rebook your flight for you." Could this mean that they're honoring tickets on LX metal, and rebooking those on AC metal to LX?
My ticket, all on LX metal (except YYZ-YUL-YYZ) has been cancelled, but I have received no telephone call or e-mail from LX.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
contacted by mail for both cases.
So it seems it's not related to the metal you are booked on the TATL.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just spoke with Swiss Air regarding my itinerary with AC / LX. They offered to honor my ticket in coach, or reprice the ticket at ~$3,400, which is the lowest biz fair. I spoke with a supervisor, who seemed unsympathetic with the mistake, arguing the fare was priced at $0 plus applicable taxes (which is true, but it doesn't say that on my itinerary). Realizing I wasn't getting anywhere with the agent, I asked for the contact info of LX's legal team. The supervisor was only able to give me the phone number for LX's Admin office in Montreal, which is (514) 954-5600, or [email protected]. This is unacceptable. We need to get the higher ups at LX involved (since LX is not handing this properly) and / or contact the media asap to get the word out.
Have you called the admin office in Montreal yet?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:24 am

For those of you interested in more than a generic call center, it is amazing what numbers you can find for SWISS on Google or even their own web site......
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those booked on trans-atlantic AC: are you all on the YYZ-ZRH or ZRH-YYZ flights?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Just spoke with Swiss Air regarding my itinerary with AC / LX. They offered to honor my ticket in coach, or reprice the ticket at ~$3,400, which is the lowest biz fair. I spoke with a supervisor, who seemed unsympathetic with the mistake, arguing the fare was priced at $0 plus applicable taxes (which is true, but it doesn't say that on my itinerary). Realizing I wasn't getting anywhere with the agent, I asked for the contact info of LX's legal team. The supervisor was only able to give me the phone number for LX's Admin office in Montreal, which is (514) 954-5600, or [email protected]. This is unacceptable. We need to get the higher ups at LX involved (since LX is not handing this properly) and / or contact the media asap to get the word out.

it's very nice to hear they're offering themselves to honour the ticket in coach. It means they know they HAVE TO honour it, but they're trying to honour this in another CoS.
If they were sure they can cancel the tix without any problem, they would do that.
So, go on and don't accept anything you're not comfortable with. :P
paffendorf
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I didn't get any of these tickets, but in the grand spirit of FT, I'll get my bowl of popcorn and sit back and watch the free entertainment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.