Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:49 pm
Suspended

1stly Congrads to all who saw this and were able to get in on it.

Now give me a brake

RULE #1 on Ft Never call the Carrier or Agency involved

RULE #2 Never ever book anything in conjunction with the Mistake fare till the dust settles and you are 1000% sure it will be honored, especially non-refundable things.

So to all of those who claim How I should have known they wouldnt honor it, or I didnt know it wasnt Legit, Give me a brake
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by paffendorf
I called the AMEX customer care and guess what.... in their system the ticket number is reported.
If I haven't missed anything,
this is the first report of a ticket number and credit card charge?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
It sounds as if paffendorf booked his ticket on Saturday so a ticket number and credit card charge is understandable.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by MrHalliday

It seems so but, notwithstanding this, Travelocity says:

"Unfortunately, we were unable to process your reservation because the airline did not confirm your requested flights. [omissis]
Since the airline did not confirm your reservation, we cannot guarantee your fare. We look forward to assisting you in completing your reservation."
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craz
RULE #2 Never ever book anything in conjunction with the Mistake fare till the dust settles and you are 1000% sure it will be honored, especially non-refundable things.
Depending on your risk tolerance, I'm not sure this is good advice. Having a non-refundable positioning flight or a prepaid hotel reservation in detrimental reliance can increase the strength of the customer's position in a breach of contract situation. It's much easier for the travel provider who wants to renege on a deal to claim "no harm, no foul" if the unilateral cancellation has no consequence other than an irritated would-be customer who wishes the deal had been honored.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:52 pm

I called AC and gotmy record locator. Their site says unticketed, but that could judt be that it wasnt transmitted. But my reservation is entact on Zuji. I then called Amex charge posted yesterday. So there are ticket numbers somewhere.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by umguy
I called AC and gotmy record locator. Their site says unticketed, but that could judt be that it wasnt transmitted. But my reservation is entact on Zuji. I then called Amex charge posted yesterday. So there are ticket numbers somewhere.
Did you book your trip on Saturday or Sunday?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:23 pm

Saturday at 5pm on Zuji.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My sister-in-law, called AMEX this evening - charge entered but not completely processed (she never got an eticket; LX site says her reservation has been cancelled).

She called LX last night - the Montreal call centre agent stated that the reservation has been cancelled, and the problem is at travelocity's level.

She called a travelocity.ca call centre agent (based in India!), who said the error was LX's responsibility. The agent said they can refund the original charge, but the agent had no authority to go any further.

She got the name of a travelocity manager in North America, and the email address (the phone number could or would not be given). She will now try to contact this manager, and send an email to LX through their web site, and to the CEO of LH/LX.

Of note- this is the travelocity.ca web site guarantee in terms of bookings:

http://www.travelocity.ca/guarantee?Service=TCYCA

I wonder if these words can be used against travelocity.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:07 pm

I'm actually getting more out of this thread by reading it than if I'd managed to book in time (narrowly missed).

I can enjoy the ride while not worrying about faxing off screenshots to call centers across the world and investigating small claims court procedures.

note: I actually ended up cancelling a CNZ fare earlier this year, so maybe I should just learn my lesson and never book
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Don't know if anyone will find this helpful, but a couple of years ago, when T-City had a major pricing problem with hotels in Japan, the CEO, Michelle Peluso, made this post:
Originally Posted by Mpeluso
Hi Everyone,

I hope we've proven in the past that we will step up to the plate when there are issues with a booking, including when the wrong price is listed. Many of you benefited from this on a Fiji flight last year. On the hotels that were recently booked in Japan, I wanted to emphasize that there is a big difference from Fiji and other examples, mainly that the accurate price was shown at several points during the booking process, including in the beginning and the confirmation. I'm sure many of you will be unhappy to learn that the accurate/higher price is what the hotels will be charging if you opt to go, but I also hope you understand that that we take this very seriously and give it a great deal of consideration. If something is truly misleading, we will stand behind it, otherwise we have a responsibility to our employees, customers and other stakeholders not to spend recklessly.

If you made a booking, you will be getting an email describing the best way to manage your situation, and a nice perk we will offer whether you decide to go or cancel.

I appreciate your understanding.

Michelle (President and CEO Travelocity)
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And also this one (from the Fiji fare glitch):

Originally Posted by Mpeluso
Hello all,

To everyone who booked the $0 ticket (or exceptionally discounted fare) to Fiji on Travelocity, I thought I'd chime in on whether we will be honoring these fares. From the teams at Travelocity and Air Pacific, we just wanted to say -- enjoy. It’s probably obvious this was an incorrect fare, but our philosophy is all about customer advocacy -- and what you see is what you get. Our agents are calling everyone to discuss your confirmation info. The only thing we’re asking is that think of us while you’re basking in the sun, and maybe post a hotel review on our site when you return.

“Bula” (or “welcome” to Fiji for you first timers),

Michelle Peluso
Chief Executive Officer
Travelocity

P.S. Yes, this really is from Travelocity.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Video of Travelocity's CEO discussing fare errors here. Especially interesting is the part near the end where she brags about software changes which prevent this from ever happening again.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gemac
Video of Travelocity's CEO discussing fare errors here. Especially interesting is the part near the end where she brags about software changes which prevent this from ever happening again.
Thanks for posting. I will call Travelocity in a few hours.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
Fantastic Video! I never knew who this woman was before now, but I have respect for her.

To those who booked this mistake fare, best of luck to you. Although, let it be on your concious that you knew it was a mistake fare the entire time, and you're "robbing" the company.

It's like going to wal-mart and the cashier scanning the DVD and it pricing at $5, when it should be $35. You pay and leave. Would I return the DVD and ask to pay higher? No. Would I feel guilty? yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.