Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
Matthew from Live and Let's Fly yesterday denied boarding at this fare...
I would think 'approving' some people to fly on this fare and denying others would weaken Ethiopian's position in a courtroom, should Matthew sue for damages.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:44 pm

Now Matthew's saying that they called him back to honour his ticket in C class. What is going on.

Has anyone actually flown this itinerary yet, regardless in C or Y, and what were their experiences??
Old May 23, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hkgg
Now Matthew's saying that they called him back to honour his ticket in C class. What is going on.

Has anyone actually flown this itinerary yet, regardless in C or Y, and what were their experiences??
Yes they did...48 hours after the flight departed...

All the details are on my blog (link below) but if you don't want to go there, here is what happened--

1. Boarding denied
2. Given a free hotel in BKK
3. Two days later Station Manager calls me with the change in heart from "HQ level"
Old May 23, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Yes they did...48 hours after the flight departed...

All the details are on my blog (link below) but if you don't want to go there, here is what happened--

1. Boarding denied
2. Given a free hotel in BKK
3. Two days later Station Manager calls me with the change in heart from "HQ level"
Good news. But you did not actually fly it. Correct?
Old May 24, 2017, 5:59 am

They asked for my tickets details. And before I could reply, they refunded a wrong ticket... I had the details of the poor guy.

I also wrote about the mattew experience. And the differential treatment... Will not patronise them again.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
if you did not get notified by ET in a timely basis 3 days after they found the mistake, file a complaint with CTA.
https://services.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/air-complaints
Old May 25, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I've just returned from an extended trip, which should have started with BKK-YYZ on Ethiopian Airlines.

I have to echo the previous posters on how appallingly unprofessionally this has been handled. I showed up at BKK and was informed I could not fly. Among the other grievances:

- no attempt to communicate with me prior to check-in. I was not informed there was anything wrong with my ticket.
- I was shown personal information / details of OTHER passengers
- I was stranded in BKK

I will pursue this further now that I'm home...
Old May 25, 2017, 9:43 am
np1

Still waiting for my refund. My ticket just disappeared from the system so I send email to ET asking for full refund a bit over month ago and got no reply (as posts in this thread were not so much promising). Also a week ago I disputed the payment with a CC company, which unfortunately have 5 week queue currently. Well I'll see when I get my money back.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:42 am

Frayed Yak, did your purchase through the airline or OTA?
If OTA, which one?
Old May 25, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by np1
Still waiting for my refund. My ticket just disappeared from the system so I send email to ET asking for full refund a bit over month ago and got no reply (as posts in this thread were not so much promising). Also a week ago I disputed the payment with a CC company, which unfortunately have 5 week queue currently. Well I'll see when I get my money back.
If you are based in the USA, the charge will reverse immediately. (It is the law.) The merchant has 30 days to respond from the date they are notified. (I would be surprised if that takes 5 weeks.) Again, in the USA. Either way, you should not have to pay anything until it is resolved. And in this case, refunded.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tracon
Frayed Yak, did your purchase through the airline or OTA?
If OTA, which one?
I used the Big O.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Global321
Good news. But you did not actually fly it. Correct?
No, it was too late. I had purchased an altering ticket earlier in the day (36 hours later).
Old May 26, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
No, it was too late. I had purchased an altering ticket earlier in the day (36 hours later).
Hi Matt, I am in a similar situation with other guys that got our ET tickets canceled. Would you mind pm the bkk station mgmr info so that I can contact him for a solution? BTW, I love your blog and am a fan here!

-JZ
Old May 26, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Currency exchange refund worked in my favor... to the tune of 20 extra cents
Old May 26, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by pjf66
Hi Matt, I am in a similar situation with other guys that got our ET tickets canceled. Would you mind pm the bkk station mgmr info so that I can contact him for a solution? BTW, I love your blog and am a fan here!

-JZ
+1 please and thanks, MatthewLAX. I look forward to seeing you at FTU MSP which is less than a week before my ET trip. (End of Informercial)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.