Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sarahmarie
Departure Airport: ATL or CHA
Miles Needed: 8,082
Required Spend or Budget: $600
Available Travel Dates: any through 12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Gold Skymiles

Willing to travel anywhere, number of segments
doesn't matter. Can also split between 2 $300 flights if that's an option.
BHM-DTW-SEA-ANC-SEA-ATL-BHM 12/27 - 12/28, $732.20, 8129 MQM's
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:11 am

Thank you!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:38 am

Departure Airport: ATL, BHM, CHA
Miles Needed: 3,000
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Skymiles

doesn't matter.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slumm
Departure Airport: ATL, BHM, CHA
Miles Needed: 3,000

doesn't matter.

CHA - BOS roundtrip on 12/29. Main Cabin outbound and First Class return = $478.50, 3615 MQM's.

ATL-GEG or BOI are also available from $540 roundtrip ($590 main cabin) on a number of dates before year end.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 26, 2017 at 10:40 am
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: delta
Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 1,156
Required Spend or Budget: $300 or lower if possible
and THANK YOU!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by joanne34
Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 1,156
Required Spend or Budget: $300 or lower if possible
and THANK YOU!
MSP-DFW is available on Dec. 27, $271
MSP-DAL is available for $243, Dec. 27

If you want to overnight in Dallas, then you can get tickets for $184

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 26, 2017 at 12:41 pm Reason: correct typo
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:56 pm

Last Minute Mileage Run to Requalify for Diamond

Hi there! I'm currently Diamond with Delta, but need a little over 34k MQM to requalify for the 2018 calendar year. I recently found out that I'll be traveling weekly next year, and I'm now scrambling to try and figure out the most cost effective and efficient way to pull this off. I've started looking on ITA's Matrix and playing with some routes, but given the extreme urgency I figured I would ask for y'alls expertise and opinion.

My dates and times are completely flexible for the remainder of the year, and I am trying to get this done on one itinerary (Asia seems most realistic). I would prefer first/business class (may have to in order to get the MQMs I need), and will most likely be paying the ticket down with miles as much as I can (Pay with Miles, not award ticket).

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 34,343 mqm
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest option - already met MQD waiver
Available Travel Dates: any and all
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes

My current MQM balance for the year is 90,657 (including the 10k bonus after spending $25k on delta amex) and have the MQD waiver.

Thank you so much!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:57 pm

Last Minute Mileage Run to Requalify for Diamond

Originally Posted by Pat89339
In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Delta Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Hi there! I'm currently Diamond with Delta, but need a little over 34k MQM to requalify for the 2018 calendar year. I recently found out that I'll be traveling weekly next year, and I'm now scrambling to try and figure out the most cost effective and efficient way to pull this off. I've started looking on ITA's Matrix and playing with some routes, but given the extreme urgency I figured I would ask for y'alls expertise and opinion.

My dates and times are completely flexible for the remainder of the year, and I am trying to get this done on one itinerary (Asia seems most realistic). I would prefer first/business class (may have to in order to get the MQMs I need), and will most likely be paying the ticket down with miles as much as I can (Pay with Miles, not award ticket).

My current MQM balance for the year is 90,657 (including the 10k bonus after spending $25k on delta amex) and have the MQD waiver.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by cha91; Dec 26, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheapest option in F/J is probably two full F fares to ATL-HNL at about $4K each roundtrip ($8K total). Make sure you buy full F as it is the only option that earns 200% MQM's (discount F fares only earn 150% MQM's). Cheapest option overall would likely be two coach roundtrips to SIN or JNB at about $2k each ($4K total). You will very tight for time to fit those in.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 26, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by cha91

Thank you so much!
If you are open to flying partner airlines:

How about flying on Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy from Boston to JNB? about 26,000 miles, $2062, Dec 27 - 30
Positioning flight from ATL - BOS in first, $625, 1300 miles (return from Boston on Jan. 1 so return portion counts toward 2018)
Dec. 31, BOS-LAX, $1157 (first), 7800 miles, (overnight in Boston for both 30th and 31st)

Alternatively

one way - ATL - BOS (first), Dec. 27, $330, 1300 miles
BOS-JNB, Virgin Atlantic, Dec 27 - 30, $2062, 26,000 miles, overnight in Boston on 30th
BOS-JFK-HNL-LAX-ATL, $1524 (MC), 8000 miles for 2017, 1900 miles for 2017 (LAX-ATL)

China Eastern

ATL-JFK on Delta, Dec 27, $573 (First), 1000 miles
JFK-SIN in Business on China Eastern about $3000, 29,000 miles, Dec 28 - 30 (Book on Expedia) - overnight in New York on 30th
JFK-SFO-ATL on Delta, December 31, $837 (MC), 4600 miles

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 26, 2017 at 5:25 pm Reason: add China Eastern option
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta
Thanks, all, the previous options have been helpful. I now need at least 500 MQMs. I'm willing to pay the premium price for purchasing MQMs, but I need to earn at least 500 MQMs now ... more MQMs will help save me money. My priority now is to find the cheapest option out of SLC to get at least 500 MQMs. I'd like to minimize as much time away from home as possible, but I'm willing to travel further distance if that is much cheaper.

I really appreciate any ideas you all have ... thank you in advance!

Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: 500+ MQMs
Available Travel Dates: now through end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes, just need the MQMs
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by akamauu
Thanks, all, the previous options have been helpful. I now need at least 500 MQMs. I'm willing to pay the premium price for purchasing MQMs, but I need to earn at least 500 MQMs now ... more MQMs will help save me money. My priority now is to find the cheapest option out of SLC to get at least 500 MQMs. I'd like to minimize as much time away from home as possible, but I'm willing to travel further distance if that is much cheaper.

I really appreciate any ideas you all have ... thank you in advance!

Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: 500+ MQMs
Available Travel Dates: now through end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes, just need the MQMs
Delta has a 500 mile minimum per leg so the minimum for a return ticket would be 1000 miles.

SLC-DEN is $280 over the next few days.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:17 pm

Miles Needed for Status Match

Currently enrolled in platinum status match. Have a couple of flights coming up during the match so I'll still need

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 15009
Required Spend or Budget: 650
Available Travel Dates: Friday Or Saturday thru March
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

tried search on ita. Best I could come up with was 6800 miles and 7 cpm. Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by sbdanny
Currently enrolled in platinum status match. Have a couple of flights coming up during the match so I'll still need

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 15009
Required Spend or Budget: 650
Available Travel Dates: Friday Or Saturday thru March
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

tried search on ita. Best I could come up with was 6800 miles and 7 cpm. Any help is appreciated.
You will probably need 3 days of travel to achieve the 15,000 miles unless you purchase higher earning fares (e.g. business, first class)

Not sure if Skyteam partners can be used in a status challenge but if yes then China Eastern (bookable on Expedia)

Feb 2 - 4, LAX-SIN, $459, about 19,000 miles
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:09 am

Can anyone one confirm this? Looks good if it will work. Thanks!! Any others dates available? That may be one of my only conflicts ?

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
You will probably need 3 days of travel to achieve the 15,000 miles unless you purchase higher earning fares (e.g. business, first class)

Not sure if Skyteam partners can be used in a status challenge but if yes then China Eastern (bookable on Expedia)

Feb 2 - 4, LAX-SIN, $459, about 19,000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.