Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Sep 9, 16, 11:29 pm
  #1  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,300
DL/Sky Team: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Delta Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:


For each response. Please quote the original request.
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Sep 10, 16, 6:31 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SEA
Programs: DL D 1MM SPG P Marriott G Hilton D
Posts: 53
Departure Airport:SEA
Miles Needed:8000
Required Spend or Budget:Budget $500
Available Travel Dates:Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:MU,AS

Thank you!!!
zhangyuliang is offline  
Old Sep 10, 16, 7:14 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: YYC
Posts: 1,136
Originally Posted by zhangyuliang View Post
Departure Airport:SEA
Miles Needed:8000
Required Spend or Budget:Budget $500
Available Travel Dates:Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:MU,AS

Thank you!!!
Your dates are a little restrictive. You can try SEA-PVG nonstop for $508. Earns ~11,400 MQMs. 3 day min stay, so you may have to skip work the following Monday..or take half-day off in the morning as flight arrives at 8am.

https://goo.gl/flights/DwKH

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 10, 16 at 8:18 pm
zoqfotpik is offline  
Old Sep 12, 16, 12:34 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, UA 1k, DL Plat.
Posts: 1
Hi, i know it seems like a lot but i'd appreciate any help. thank you!!

Departure Airport:LAX or southern california airports
Miles Needed:40,000
Required Spend or Budget:$3-4k (already met my MQD spend)
Available Travel Dates: anytime after october
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Whatever is the best and fastest way to get MQMs.

Ideally, i'd like to do this on as little travel as possible and preferably on premium cabin.

Last edited by arnax; Sep 12, 16 at 12:52 pm
arnax is offline  
Old Sep 12, 16, 1:29 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: HH Diamond
Posts: 2,329
LAX-ATL-LIM-ATL-LAX out 11/1 return 11/2 in business is $1213, 15390 MQM. Same is available several other days in November and December.
LAX-ATL-SJO-ATL-LAX out 11/1 return 11/2 in business is $793, 10710 MQM. May be able to find on other days.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=DL;eo=e
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=DL;eo=e
jbeckett is offline  
Old Sep 12, 16, 8:46 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 1
Delta mileage run needed - 13.5k mqm

Need to get another 13.5 mqm to hit next level. Thoughts on best routes to an from ATL?
mister is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 12:54 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,595
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Need to get another 13.5 mqm to hit next level. Thoughts on best routes to an from ATL?
See the stickied post at the top for the information people will need to help you.
steveholt is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 1:30 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: YYC
Posts: 1,136
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
See the stickied post at the top for the information people will need to help you.
Mods moved his post from main forum to here. He's new so he didn't know.
zoqfotpik is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 7:41 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 7
Run from Columbus, OH

Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Delta Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport: CMH
Miles Needed: 10K MQM minimum
Required Spend or Budget: $1000
Available Travel Dates: anytime between 10/1-12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:


For each response. Please quote the original request.
jennidipaolo is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 8:42 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: HH Diamond
Posts: 2,329
Originally Posted by jennidipaolo View Post
Departure Airport: CMH
Miles Needed: 10K MQM minimum
CMH-ATL-SFO-ATL-CMH day trip 11/5 is $278, 5156 miles. Available many other days.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...EAM;c=ATL;eo=e
jbeckett is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 9:57 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SFO/MCI
Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,448
Looking for some cheap runs for my final push up to diamond.

Departure Airport: LAS/LAX
Miles Needed: 10-15k
Required Spend or Budget: $600 per flight
Available Travel Dates: All of Oct/Nov weekends. Friday night departure/Sun return
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Anything that earns 100% MQMs

Have been doing a couple runs LAS-ATL/JFK-SJU which nets about 7.1k miles. Pricing has been between $450-$600.
kxc262 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 16, 10:40 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 10,163
Originally Posted by kxc262 View Post
Looking for some cheap runs for my final push up to diamond.

Departure Airport: LAS/LAX
Miles Needed: 10-15k
Required Spend or Budget: $600 per flight
Available Travel Dates: All of Oct/Nov weekends. Friday night departure/Sun return
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Anything that earns 100% MQMs

Have been doing a couple runs LAS-ATL/JFK-SJU which nets about 7.1k miles. Pricing has been between $450-$600.
If you can leave Friday afternoon there are some LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX for $240, 8108 MQMs.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 14, 16 at 10:39 am Reason: fix typo/thinko in routing
Zorak is offline  
Old Sep 14, 16, 8:44 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SFO/MCI
Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
If you can leave Friday afternoon there are some LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-ANC for $240, 8108 MQMs.
Thanks Zorak! Saw that one a while ago and got one booked for next weekend
kxc262 is offline  
Old Sep 14, 16, 2:56 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: DTW
Programs: Delta
Posts: 5
9100 for DIA in 2016

TIA for any help with this:

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 9,100
Required Spend or Budget: >$750
Available Travel Dates: NOV 18-23 or DEC 12 - 19 (prefer one day turn around)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any that qualify
Trapps is offline  
Old Sep 15, 16, 5:43 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 8,000
Required Spend or Budget: $500 - $1,000, can get creative with Pay with Miles
Available Travel Dates: Any, but ideally a day-trip (red-eye back OK)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Ideally no codeshare; 747 never hurts.

Thanks in advance, ideas are sincerely appreciated-
Airline5806 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread