Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fti
People, please edit/use the wiki so same questions are not always asked.

The current CTA decision on the Yangon deal is only for tickets canceled by SWISS Airlines for the seven merged complaints/companions and tickets canceled by Jet Airways for one complainant and companions
- It's not about other carriers because each carrier submits different tariffs.
- If you are not one of the complainants or their companions above who were mentioned in the respective cases, you need to submit a case yourself for hearing.
- There's currently one person who is on Iberia for CTA decision, one can either wait for results or submit a complaint to CTA.

Result of the current case for LX in brief is:
- CTA found 5(F) in the tariff used to be unclear for canceling tickets on erroneously quoted fares.
- 5(F) is unjust and unreasonable and must be revised or taken down by July 9, 2013 (or SWISS can appeal by then)
- SWISS did not use its tariff correctly to cancel the tickets.
- SWISS must compensate one complainant's First Class ticket and any related expenses by July 18, 2013 provided with evidence.
- SWISS must transport other complainants (and their companions) in the original price charged with same booking class and routing by June 18, 2014.

Result of the current case for 9W in brief is:
- Tariff on file had no clauses for "erroneous fares" and was updated subsequently, which means it is not relevant to this event
- Therefore, 9W is to reinstate the tickets with a 1-year validity for transport between the same points and the same booking class.

CTA official news can be read here for general overview of the case.

Actual CTA case review can be found here for reference should you wish to file a complaint.

If you have a similar case that's with SWISS, you need to file with CTA to get a result through informal process first before it gets to formal process. The entire procedure can take up to 3 months for each and the result may not be same cause it's case-by-base and the reviewer of the case can be different.

To file an informal complaint with CTA, see here. Click through all of the pages to get to the online form for the informal complaint. Or click here.

To file a formal complaint after informal complaint has been closed, see here. Continue on to the next page to see the address or email address for the formal complaint.

The July 17th and 18th responses from LX can be found here:
Other Letters:

Feel free to add dates, flights, etc., in order to plan DOs, etc.

Aug 4: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 5: ICN-SFO (UA892)
Jason8612

Aug 7: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 11: ICN-NRT-ORD (UA78, UA882)
Jason8612

Aug 14: BOS-IAD-NRT-ICN (UA285, UA803, UA79)
Deltspygt

Aug 19: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA352)
Deltspygt

Oct 1: UA433-UA893
JeredF +1

Oct 8: UA892-UA242
JeredF +1

Oct 9: BOS-SFO-ICN (UA433, UA893)
BigJC

Oct 13: ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS (UA78, UA882, UA744)
BigJC

Oct 21: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
Sterndogg +1
flyerdude88 (SFO - ICN portion only)

Oct 23: ICN - SFO UA 892
flyerdude88

Oct 27: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-BOS UA286
Sterndogg +1

Nov 05: BOS-ORD UA521, ORD-NRT UA881
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 11: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-IAD UA727
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 26: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-NRT UA837, NRT-ICN UA79
thepla

Nov 27: BOS-ORD-NRT-ICN (UA501, UA881, UA196)
BigJC+1

Nov 29: Planning 2 days in TPE, been to ICN
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-ORD UA698, ORD-BOS UA961
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA822)
BigJC+1

Dec 15: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
songzm

Dec 25: BOS-IAD UA285, IAD-NRT UA803, NRT-ICN UA79
Dinoscool3 +2

Dec 30: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA444
songzm

Dec 31: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA770
Dinoscool3 +2

Jan 11: BOS-SFO UA1523, Jan 12: SFO-ICN UA893
margarita girl

Jan 12: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
Zebranz

14 Jan: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
ORDOGG

19 Jan: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-ORD UA698 to ORD-BOS UA961
ORDOGG

Jan 22: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA500
margarita girl

Feb 5: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA242
Zebranz

CMB-DFW EY F

FARE IS GONE

FARE RULES (thanks to SQ421)
FRTLK Fare Rules (RT)
FOWLK Fare Rules (OW)

WHEN ARE YOU FLYING?
Feel free to add any additional cities you're leaving from!
Please slot yourselves in!!!

ex-CMB
Feb

Mar
8 - Darmajaya
12 - Thaidai
22 - Deadinabsentia

Apr
21 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir
26 - tahsir21

May
28 - Upperdeck744
29 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

Jun
12 - lelee

Jul
7 - HansGolden +6
8 - arcticbull + 1
11 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: SIN-CMB, DFW-MCI)
25 - Tycosiao
30 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: MCI-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Aug
17 - DC777Fan
26 - Yi Yang
31 - dcas

Sep

Oct

Nov
8 - harryhv
29 - stephem+4

Dec
6 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. roastpuff , JFKEZE (UL Code-share)
7 - DWFI
10 - jlisi984 + dad (CMB-AUH-DFW)
21 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

ex-AUH
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr
27 - RICHKLHS

May

Jun
29 - yerffej201

Jul
9 - HansGolden +6
27 - Tycosiao

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov
30 - stephem+4 (to JFK)

Dec
7 - JFKEZE, DWFI [EY161 nonstop]
9 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. Roastpuff

ex-DFW
Jan

Feb

Mar
14 - Thaidai
15 - zainman +1

Apr
25 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir

May

Jun

Jul

Aug
22 - arcticbull + 1

Sep
22 - bonsaisai (positioning flights ORD-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Oct

Nov
19 - harryhv->Paris

Dec
19 - Yi Yang, jona970318
24 - DWFI (EY160 nonstop)
26 - HansGolden +6 (CDG), LwoodY2K (AUH)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Not yet but I will, believe me, I will.
How long was it in between booking, ticketing and cancellation?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Man, I have to say, this is a terrible planning. I have exactly the same situation, but the only difference is I selected adult fare for my to-be 2-year old. Adding a lap child to this kind of tickets is PITA! Think in this way, even if you pay an adult fare for your little one, you are still much much better off than otherwise 10% of regular F/C fares, and plus, you now have a guaranteed seat for her.

I had booked my wife and little one as an lap child for their TPAC AA U fare (C class award), and unfortunately, the entire C cabin was full and she had to share her seat with my little one for the 12-hour flight. Not saying you will necessarily run into this kind of situation but I am telling you, that was not fun...
yeah, i tried to make it 5 adult fars, but that wasnt available. only 4 seats were available. I wish i could have figured out how to price it on expedia, as it allowed me to book lap infant during booking.....
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by *A Flyer
How long was it in between booking, ticketing and cancellation?
Booking to ticketing was a few hours.

Ticketing to cancellation was in my opinion somewhat more than one day. The gnoms say it was same day.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I didn't ask that question... Long story.
Yes definitely.

Someone's going on Oct 4. Who was it?
Yes. thats me.

I will report back in due course..
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Yes. thats me.

I will report back in due course..
Have you positioned, got visa?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
I live in SIN.

Will take MI512 up on thursday morning giving me a 3hr transit in RGN.

Heading to the embassy this morning to either confirm that the transit VOA is available on arrival for US$20 or to buy the S$35 tourist visa if there is any doubt..
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:06 pm

I just noticed something on one of my bookings.

My middle name (which I entered, despite being optional) appears truncated on my e-ticket by 1 letter.

From what I gather, this is normal. However, could this be grounds for cancellation at check-in (despite being an internal IT-glitch)?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What I don't get in my head is how people can consider flying in Y all the way to RGN just to fly F back to YUL. But I guess to each his own.
don't you know when you play at this level there's no ordinary venue? It's something like KEF, MNL, or this place! so halfway round the world and back in F grips me more than a few muddy transcons in barely reclining F, even if it requires burning miles and overnighting in BKK.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by markus_see
I need a visa to visit Canada. I don't need visa for Europe.
My flight is RGN-KUL-SIN-FRA-ZRH-YUL. (MH from RGN-SIN, SQ from SIN-FRA ,LX from FRA-YUL)
Will the airlines issue me my boarding pass for flight from RGN till FRA or RGN till ZRH?
Or they will insist that I have my Canada tourist visa?
I intend to drop the Europe-YUL leg. But worried MH or SQ will not let me board the initial flight!
I was on Round 1 last September (RGN-SIN-LHR-BOS) on MI/SQ/DL, the check-in agent asked to see our visas for the UK and the USA. We are Singaporeans so we didn't require any in the first place.

MI issued both MI and SQ flights.

We requested to check in our luggage to London (no questions asked, no eyebrows raised).

We didn't travel the last segment to Boston. We would have missed it anyway because SQ was delayed and we landed into LHR less than an hour before the BOS flight.

My suggestion to you is to get a Canadian visa. The check in agent looks into the entire itinerary and will ask for visas for countries in transit. At least, ours did.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
have you considered miles?
thanks for the suggestion, but miles isnt an option as I am an united member. Hoping for a round 4 that will allow me to add her on between now and when we travel in june next year. If not, what would be the consequences if I had to call the airlines to add her?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by babypuwet
thanks for the suggestion, but miles isnt an option as I am an united member. Hoping for a round 4 that will allow me to add her on between now and when we travel in june next year. If not, what would be the consequences if I had to call the airlines to add her?
I'm not an expert here, but it sounds like you would have to pay 10% of the fee at the time of the request, which, assuming your ticket is worth about $17,000, would be around $2K for the baby (and has got to be one of the rare times a baby costs more than the adult to fly!)

I wonder if, at that point, you couldn't just buy her a regular Y ticket (i.e. WITHOUT calling the airline at all) and just bring her into the F cabin. Wonder how that would work, if at all.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I can't find it either right now, but I saw it posted on FT in the previous RGN thread

Please note that the comment about the confirmation email being sufficient is in the FAQ, not the actual text of the regulation
Here's the link to the FAQ (found it in one of the other RGN threads). See last page for the cancellation part.
http://airconsumer.dot.gov/rules/EAP...-2012final.pdf

Good discusssion of previous enforecement here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...for-travelers/

The wording of the regulation itself seems somewhat open to interpretation . Not being a lawyer, I have no idea what the correct interpretation is. One way of reading it would suggest it applies only to tickets that have a US portion. But another interpretation would suggest that it applies to all sellers of transportation in the US. As a lay person,if the goal is consumer protection, then as long as the ticket is sold within the US by a US seller, I don't know why the regulations shouldn't apply irrespective of the routing itself.

Guess we'll see what happens in the coming week or two
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I wonder if, at that point, you couldn't just buy her a regular Y ticket (i.e. WITHOUT calling the airline at all) and just bring her into the F cabin. Wonder how that would work, if at all.
This could result in the OP being forced to sit with the child in the coach cabin!

Child can't sit in first because he's not ticketed for the cabin. Child can't sit alone in coach. Therefore, parent gets to sit with the child in coach.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ft531
I just noticed something on one of my bookings.

My middle name (which I entered, despite being optional) appears truncated on my e-ticket by 1 letter.

From what I gather, this is normal. However, could this be grounds for cancellation at check-in (despite being an internal IT-glitch)?
On some airlines, I've seen the same happen to middle names. I think it has to do with the system only displaying e.g. 5 characters max vs what's really in the system. Have never had any problems due to this though.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by samplat
On some airlines, I've seen the same happen to middle names. I think it has to do with the system only displaying e.g. 5 characters max vs what's really in the system. Have never had any problems due to this though.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.