Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
According to a number of posts on this thread, no. They get deducted from the lifetime balance of the person who transfers them out.

I read on Marriott's rewards insider page that the points are deducted from the lifetime amount of the person who is donating the points, and the points are added to the lifetime number of the recepient's account. But you say "no". What I read was not an official posting by Marriott, but it was not contradicted so I thought it was probably right. I posted my question to make certain. But are you sure the recepient's lifetime number does not increase?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I made LT Gold on a 50,000-point transfer a few days ago (whenever I posted about it a couple pages back...).

My counter went up by 50k. Family member's counter went down by 50k. Instantly. The LT status was also reflected in my account, instantly.

In other words, HookEm, what you read on the MR Insider's page is correct. The recipient's counter will increase as the donor's decreases.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by HookEm
I read that Marriott points transferred between accounts show up in both person's lifetime point balances. So if a friend transfers 50,000 points to my account, for example, $10 is charged and the 50,000 points will increase my lifetime balance by 50,000. Correct?
Originally Posted by sethb
According to a number of posts on this thread, no. They get deducted from the lifetime balance of the person who transfers them out.
Yes. I just transferred 50K to my wife yesterday and my LT points went down and hers went up.

Also, it did not cost me anything to do the transfer. It is a new benefit that you can transfer 50K a year without any fee. I do admit, though, that I do not know whether this is only true for certain elite categories.

EDIT: Just looked it up and the 50K xfer is free for Gold and Platinum.

Last edited by Michilander; Dec 31, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:57 pm

Is there a way to do the transfer points online from one person to another? Or do you have to call Marriott?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Is there a way to do the transfer points online from one person to another? Or do you have to call Marriott?
You can buy points and send them to someone else online, but to transfer points from your account to theirs you have to call MR, I believe.

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re.../buy-donate.mi

Scroll down to Points Sharing

Last edited by Michilander; Dec 31, 2015 at 4:57 pm Reason: after thought
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Michilander
Well, I am down to just over the 2M LT points. Transferred 50K to my wife and my LT points did indeed go down by 50K.

Will probably wait until Monday to try the second transfer. Will post the results.
Thank you for posting your experiences testing the implementation of MR's policy. Hopefully we can put this question to bed soon.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Well, I am down to just over the 2M LT points. Transferred 50K to my wife and my LT points did indeed go down by 50K.

Will probably wait until Monday to try the second transfer. Will post the results.
Did your lifetime status change ?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by IslesFan
Did your lifetime status change ?
No, at least, not yet. The whole experiment is to see if I lose LT Plat when my LT points drop below 2M on Monday.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Wow, this is a great tip.

My wife, who will never achieve lifetime status, can gift me 50k points and I will be lifetime platinum.

I would have been there anyway, but the idiots who design Marriott rooms took my bread and butter Renaissance (12x per year) and turned it into a Holiday Inn look alike. Then Hyatt matched me, so I might check out the Hyatt Place.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
No, at least, not yet. The whole experiment is to see if I lose LT Plat when my LT points drop below 2M on Monday.
I realize that... It's just weird that if the level were to drop, I would have expected both to drop at the same time.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:16 pm

I realize that... It's just weird that if the level were to drop, I would have expected both to drop at the same time.
Not sure I understand your point.

Just to clarify, my LT points are still more than 2M, the level needed for LT Plat. On Monday I will transfer some more points to my wife's account and my LT points total will drop below 2M (until the megabonus points post later this month). If my LT status is going to change, that is when I would expect it to happen.

By the way, Isles as in Islanders? You a hockey fan?

Last edited by Michilander; Jan 2, 2016 at 4:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:27 pm

Not sure I understand your point.

Just to clarify, my LT points are still more than 2M, the level needed for LT Plat. On Monday I will transfer some more points to my wife's account and my LT points total will drop below 2M (until the megabonus points post later this month). If my LT status is going to change, that is when I would expect it to happen.

By the way, Isles as in Islanders? You a hockey fan?

More Mets than Islanders these days.... But yeah.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:58 am

More Mets than Islanders these days.... But yeah.
Hmmm, no Mets games this time of year and the Isles are currently the third seed in the East. Sounds like a good time to be more of an Isles fan, at least for the time being.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:56 am

Hmmm, no Mets games this time of year and the Isles are currently the third seed in the East. Sounds like a good time to be more of an Isles fan, at least for the time being.
Only 44 days until Mets Pitchers and Catchers report
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:47 am

And the answer is **TADA***

Yes, my LT status dropped to Gold. At least, according to the LT pop up available on the Account Overview page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.