Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Agreed, but Marriott has already announced that if you have LT status in one you will have LT status in the new combined program. We don't know what those benefits will include, but if you are close to LT status and a believer that one in the hand is worth two in the bush, you might want to cross the qualification line soon.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Agreed, but Marriott has already announced that if you have LT status in one you will have LT status in the new combined program.
What did they say, exactly?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by JackE
What did they say, exactly?
In the merger FAQs on the Marriott site:
Lifetime Status is an accomplishment that we will always celebrate and recognize, whether in your earned program today or in a new, combined program in the future.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Sorry, not sure where else to post and this didn't seem worthy of it's own thread. But according to my profile, I'm at 999 nights...so (obviously) my next stay will include night 1000. But are there folks here who show more than 999 on their profile? (ie, this isn't a counter that stops at 999)?

Not sure if I start my next check-in with a big smile on my face or not.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bitburgr
But are there folks here who show more than 999 on their profile? (ie, this isn't a counter that stops at 999)?
Many, myself included, but it begs the question: Who on here has the most LT points/nights? Certainly not me at ~3.5m/1400, but are there people on here in the few thousands or higher on nights? Five digits? Over 10m on points?

Last edited by CJKatl; Nov 13, 2017 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Many, myself included, but it begs the question: Who on here has the most LT points? Certainly not me at ~1400, but are there people on here in the few thousands or higher? Five digits?
LT nights or points? I have over 9 million LT points and about 2800 LT nights.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by DL-Don
LT nights or points? I have over 9 million LT points and about 2800 LT nights.
Either/Both. Corrected and clarified.

Impressive numbers, but I'm still wondering if there is anyone over 10k nights.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
To be precise:

Nights 2,840
Points 9,289,028

Last edited by DL-Don; Nov 13, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
1,439ni
2.828MMpts

I have a long way to hit 9MM pts... but 10 more years of solid travel could get me in that range given I stay exclusively in MT beds.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sdsearch
2. This is not always as cheap as the thread title suggests, but:
actually gives you Platinum via 80 nights, so putting it "on steroids" could get you 160 nights in 16 days or 320 nights in 32 days, etc. But, again, you'd then be short about 400k points too.
It's better than that. If you get 160 nights this month (year) that way, 85 of them rollover to next year and count again, so you end up with 245 lifetime nights.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Scenario:
LT Platinum on SPG
2 year Platinum qualifier on Marriott (after announcement)
2017 - 75 nights Marriott, 31 nights SPG YTD.
Current Lifetime Totals - 650 SPG, 162 Marriott

For 2018, do I continue majority Marriott stays in case Lifetime Platinum Marriott has points requirement and SPG "points" don't get accounted somehow?
Or, do I go hard to get 750 total SPG nights before the merge, so that my majority program would still show I did the 750 in case that is the criteria?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:53 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
LT Platinum on SPG
That is all that matters. Read post 2387 (and I'm sure there are more posts even earlier with the same information) or the FAQ on Marriott's website (referenced in that post.)
atxtraveler likes this.

Last edited by hhoope01; Nov 17, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Thanks for referencing that!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:07 pm

Hi -

I am going hard to get to 500 SPG nights by mid-2018. Hoping to get in under the wire.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
For someone who just started with MR late this year, what's the best way to plan for lifetime status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.