Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:15 am

Does Mobile Check-in means lower chance of getting elite room upgrade?

Hi guys, does anyone tried Mobile check-in at any Marriott hotels and still got a room upgrade. Anyone has any experience with JW Marriott KL on mobile check-in?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can check to see the room type before using online check in, if you see you have not been upgraded or you don't like the room type, don't use online checkin.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I asked a front desk person if mobile check in would lower my chances at an upgrade, and they said in some instances it could. I don't see really saving much time with the app, and don't mind using my schmoozing skills.

For some reason the app wont get reservations to populate properly with my Google Calendar, so I quit using several months ago.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You can check to see the room type before using online check in, if you see you have not been upgraded or you don't like the room type, don't use online checkin.
How can you tell if you've been upgraded? Does the app call the upgrade out?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can check what kind of room you are assigned at any time. Just select a reservation and click on view details
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
How do you access online check in (ie, in a regular browser)?

I thought there was only mobile check in?

I'd actually love it if Marriott had online check-in on their regular site, like Hilton has had for many years. But I've never seen it.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I meant mobile check in.

So on the app I go to reservations, view the detail. If already upgraded and I'm happy with the room, I will check in online. If not happy I don't.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:43 am

I'm a Plat that stayed at an Autograph and a Fairfield property within the last week.

I used OLCI for the Autograph - my room wasn't ready at 4pm when I had chosen that time during my morning OLCI, and I got a not-so-great room. My parents (Gold) skipped OLCI, arrived at the hotel with me and got upgraded at the desk.
I skipped OLCI for the Fairfield - I was able to check in early and the desk upgraded me on the spot.

It's a small sample size, but I am not using OLCI until Marriott proves that there are benefits to the customer.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
I tried mobile checkin for a Marriott in Boston. It was a bit unexpected, but it worked. I arrived at my scheduled time, the agent noted I had checked in online, and the keys were waiting for me.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I mobile checked out this morning. How long before an email folio is sent out? It's been 6 hours and still nothing.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Probably ~36H, same as if you'd checked out in person or by default.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Probably ~36H, same as if you'd checked out in person or by default.
ok...guess my expectations were high coming in from starwood where they email a PDF copy the morning of departure and then within 15-30 min after checking out.

Is the electronic invoice at least in PDF (employer only takes PDF if receipt submitted electronically)?

Last edited by seawolf; Nov 13, 2014 at 1:53 pm
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Disappointing

Another data point:
A poster in a different thread checked in to an upgraded suite by mobile app. Got to the hotel and was handed keys to non-upgraded room. Inquired as to what happened to the room she had checked into. Front desk replied that it had been sold to paying customer.
So even if you've been checked in via mobile app, you apparently haven't really been checked in and your room can be sold or given away--even after mobile app checkin. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23810797-post154.html
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by seawolf
Is the electronic invoice at least in PDF ...?
You can download .PDF receipts (once they're ready) from the Marriott web site.

Originally Posted by ohmark
So even if you've been checked in via mobile app, you apparently haven't really been checked in
I do not (and probably never will) trust that app, esp. considering that even as a PP I still have to beg for upgrades at the desk during check-in.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
You can download .PDF receipts (once they're ready) from the Marriott web site.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.