Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:51 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Waikiki Resort

I stayed here once and that was too many times. I also received the "We are a resort" comment. No recognition at all as a Platinum and in my opinion this hotel doesn't remotely resemble a resort. Its just an excuse for charging more and not recognizing those of us from Flyertalk.....
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TxLobo
I stayed here once and that was too many times. I also received the "We are a resort" comment. No recognition at all as a Platinum and in my opinion this hotel doesn't remotely resemble a resort. Its just an excuse for charging more and not recognizing those of us from Flyertalk.....
Totally agree on all the points you raised. I will never stay there again.

Bruce
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by TxLobo
agreed. Stayed over Christmas this past year with points and purchased nights and they ignored me at the Elite line, no recognition at all for Platinum status, then two days before checkout, I had already brought up my late checkout and they said it is not available, you must be out by 12 noon as we guaranteed a 1pm check-in for the person who has your room as they were coming in from Japan. Do I care who is coming in to my room? I was just shocked. So instead of being a copmlete douche, I said I dont care what you do, just get me a room to stay late.

this property needs some work in the rewards portion and recognition of its members.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:59 pm

Here right now

We're here right now for two nights (then moving to HHV for 6 more).

We had reservations at the Edition before the whole break up with Marriott. Working with Marriott, agreed to switch our stay to this hotel. Marriott also paid for an upgrade for me because of the inconvenience.

Check in yesterday was very pleasant. Recognized as a Plat and given the 500 points and a 25% off coupon for the restaurant here (which we'll use for the Easter brunch they are serving - this coupon will save us about $50.00 off an expensive brunch...)

I had booked a basic room (whatever you get for 25,000 points), and was supposed to be upgraded to the next level (Ocean View? Partial Ocean? I am not sure) with the upgrade Marriott paid for - $100 / night upgrade charge they covered.

Looking at the room options with the check in guy and I was not that happy with the choices. He then took another look and said "I think I have a Junior Suite I can put you in, does that sound OK?" Of course, I asked "Ocean View?" He said yes, so we took it.

Room has two queen beds, sitting area (couch, coffee table, ottomans), and two balconies. One balcony looks towards other buildings, but the big balcony has dead on Ocean view looking out over the church next door (yes, alot of homeless), Waikiki Beach and the ocean / surfers. It is an awesome view - sunset last night was beautiful.

So far, I agree, this feels more like a Marriott hotel than a resort. But we are happy with our room, the location of the hotel, and the way we have been treated by Marriott.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
We're here right now for two nights (then moving to HHV for 6 more).

We had reservations at the Edition before the whole break up with Marriott. Working with Marriott, agreed to switch our stay to this hotel. Marriott also paid for an upgrade for me because of the inconvenience.

Check in yesterday was very pleasant. Recognized as a Plat and given the 500 points and a 25% off coupon for the restaurant here (which we'll use for the Easter brunch they are serving - this coupon will save us about $50.00 off an expensive brunch...)

I had booked a basic room (whatever you get for 25,000 points), and was supposed to be upgraded to the next level (Ocean View? Partial Ocean? I am not sure) with the upgrade Marriott paid for - $100 / night upgrade charge they covered.

Looking at the room options with the check in guy and I was not that happy with the choices. He then took another look and said "I think I have a Junior Suite I can put you in, does that sound OK?" Of course, I asked "Ocean View?" He said yes, so we took it.

Room has two queen beds, sitting area (couch, coffee table, ottomans), and two balconies. One balcony looks towards other buildings, but the big balcony has dead on Ocean view looking out over the church next door (yes, alot of homeless), Waikiki Beach and the ocean / surfers. It is an awesome view - sunset last night was beautiful.

So far, I agree, this feels more like a Marriott hotel than a resort. But we are happy with our room, the location of the hotel, and the way we have been treated by Marriott.
My experience in Oct '11 was very much the same. I was recognized as a Plat, received 500 pts, and was received the 25% off voucher (without asking for it). I used points for the room and we were given a pretty spectacular beach view. I also agree this is more of a downtown hotel that happens to be in a "tropical" location rather than a resort.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
My experience in Oct '11 was very much the same. I was recognized as a Plat, received 500 pts, and was received the 25% off voucher (without asking for it). I used points for the room and we were given a pretty spectacular beach view. I also agree this is more of a downtown hotel that happens to be in a "tropical" location rather than a resort.
Moved to HHV yesterday... We have a very nice (huge) two bedroom in the Lagoon tower. Dated? Yes, very much so. But the location of this tower is good, and the 2 bedrooms are very spacious - no problems having our friends over and having 8 for dinner.

The Marriott was more central to shopping (high end shops, International Market, "The Stupid Factory"), beaches with waves (We walked back up almost to the Marriott for surf lessons), and the zoo / Diamond Head.

So, depends on what you are looking for. Marriott is a nice property, well located (especially after they complete the beach restoration that is going on right in front of the hotel now...) We liked the hotel, our room, and the location. With two kids in tow though, I think we are going to have more fun at HHV.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Which hotel are we talking about the Courtyard or the waikiki Marriott?

I've received better treatment at the Courtyard as a Plat then at the WM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel

We stayed at the Waikiki Marriott Beach Resort and Spa, so that is the property I am commenting on above.

Sorry I was not clear on that.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Same here. Not even close.

Bruce
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Same here. Not even close.

Bruce
Yep, I don't want to get into the details, but particularly during one of my stays an issue escalated pretty high up beyond the hotel because of the unwillingness of the Waikiki Marriott to follow Marriott policies and disrespectful treatment by management. Won't say I'll never stay there again, but I am very reluctant to.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other

Interesting. I've had excellent treatment at both over the past two years. About a dozen stays adding up to 40-something nights at the WM and probably six stays at the CY adding up to about 20 nights. Great treatment at the FD at both properties. Got more of an upgrade at the WM, but I know they are limited at the CY. I like both properties a lot, but given the choice I'm at the WM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
I'm staying in the Courtyard as I write this, in room 557 of the tower behind the main hotel. I have to say I'm kinda shocked by how dinky and crappy this place is, considering it's a Marriott and the rack rate is about $179. Carpets installed incorrectly and peeling up at the edges, too much furniture, so it's all just jumbled in, no wireless (only wired internet), and of course, no breakfast.

I'm coming off 7 days at the Hyatt Place next to Kapiolani Park, and I gotta say the experience is like night n day. The Hyatt was same price, but I got a huge room on the 19th floor, it was quiet and secure and there was a free breakfast, and oh yeah - parking is cheaper too.

Marriotts in Waikiki just suck. I'll be staying in the Hyatt from now on....
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
You should have read the TripAdvisor reviews on the CY first. I know exactly what you mean. Couldn't you move back to the Hyatt?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:55 am

We are at the Courtyard Waikiki right now. I requested a room in the tower by the salt water pool "because I heard the rooms were bigger in that part of the hotel." Well, they ended up putting us in a corner room overlooking an empty lot. It is sooo tiny. The bathroom has no tub and the shower has a diagonal wall that cuts one corner of the square of the shower off. Now I am 4'10" and 100 lbs., so it doesn't really affect me, but I am sure it is harder for my husband to shower. Also, when someone is sitting at the desk, you can't walk through the room or get past the bed because the way is totally blocked.

I would ask to move, but when we got here we had just spent 12 hours in a plane/airport and so the kids were really tired and just wanted to be settled in. However, with two teens and much luggage, we are tripping over ourselves!! We are only here for a couple days before we move to the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club in a 2 bedroom suite, so I think we can handle it. In addition, the front desk clerk did try hard to get me in this tower (she had to call housekeeping and arrange for it). So I felt kind of bad asking to be moved.

By the way, they are working on the wireless in the rooms. Yesterday we did not have wireless in our room but today we do. I think they came in the room yesterday and worked on it. (There were signs all over saying they may be coming in the rooms this week.) However, as a result, our phone doesn't work??? The maintenance guy said it was because of the wireless work. Some of our lamps don't work either.

The location of the hotel is great though! There are restaurants, shopping, etc. all within a few blocks! The front desk people are very friendly too.

Maggie
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I was at the Courtyard last week for 7 days. We were in a 1 bedroom suite with a pull-out sofabed in the living room. At check-in, the agent recognized my platinum status, noticed my 9 year old son, and moved us into a room with a full-size bathtub. We felt the size of the rooms were functional and I always appreciate a microwave and refrigerator (which kept items cool but not cold). Despite the info on the hotel's website, self-parking is available at the hotel across the street for $20 per day (including in-out privileges) and they bill it to the Courtyard. I was pleasantly surprised at checkout that I was not charged the extra adult fee for my mom, even though it was quoted on my reservation. I wasn't expecting the Ritz, and it met my modest expectations, but it was a good location, acceptable price, and worked well for my family vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.