Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Exclamation FYI

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11444232-post27.html
Old May 16, 2009, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
the wyland was for a short time the 'doubletree wyland' around the time it first opened
Old May 18, 2009, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Stopped by Today

I was in HNL for just last night, decidied to check the place out especially since I have a 1 night res for the CY next month

Seems there are 3 non-connecting buildings. 1 is presently closed as its being renovated. Then theres a 3 story building behind the pool and the Main building.

was told the largest rooms are in the 3 story building but no elevator and outside corridors, these rooms also come with a Bath tub , the other 2 buildings are mainly Showers only and no balcony for the room

the Main building is on Kuhio Ave itself and the map on Marriott.com is wrong as it has the Hotel way up the block closer to the canal

small pool but there seems to be a 3-4 person hot-tub or there were 3 s sitting in a kiddi pool, they arent sure as of yet what if anything will be offered up to MR members but said Elites especially Plats will be taken care of

No views to speak of except the building opposite. I will try for a very high floor so as not to hear the street noise.

for those that take the reg Bus from/to HNL theres a stop across the street on the way in and in front of the Hotel for the way back to the Airport.

theres an ABC store alittle small across the side street

I saw no mention of the upcoming reflagging or signs.

personally I feel this will be good for the 1 night I need it for but if i was coming into town on a vacation I dont think Id want to be based there, Id rather be closer to the beach and Main drag

Ill reprt back mid June after I stayed here, hopefully someone will beat me to it, that way Ill know what to expect
Old Jun 2, 2009, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...1/daily24.html

The Wyland Waikiki hotel is now the Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach.

The hotel, with 307 guest rooms and 93 one-bedroom suites, was rebranded Monday as the first Courtyard property in Waikiki.

The hotel is at the corner of Lewers Street and Kuhio Avenue.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:00 am

Looks like an interesting boutique hotel concept, complete with requisite Wyland paintings:
http://www.thewylandwaikikihotel.com/wyland/

Might be worth my dollar over the Marriott or Ren Waikiki in the future.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ntamayo
Looks like an interesting boutique hotel concept, complete with requisite Wyland paintings:
http://www.thewylandwaikikihotel.com/wyland/

Might be worth my dollar over the Marriott or Ren Waikiki in the future.
Ren Waikiki?? ..... didn't that hotel leave the Ren family quite awhile ago?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Ilikai Renaissance was deflagged about 4-5 years ago.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:49 pm

Woops, brain reset ... forgot about the Ren being gone (tells u it's been a while since I've been to Waikiki )
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Courtyard by Marriott Opens in Waikiki

Marriott has opened its first Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Hawaii.

The 400-room Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach is centrally located and will operate under a franchise agreement with Lodging Capital Partners LLC, owner of the property; Outrigger Hotels & Resorts will manage the hotel.

Formerly known as The Wyland Waikiki, the hotel underwent an extensive multi-million dollar makeover in 2007 that included renovation of all guest rooms, public areas and grounds. It developed a good following among travelers seeking full-service accommodations at Waikiki hotels at a moderate price.

The 307 guest rooms and 93 one-bedroom suites at Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach feature an island chic color scheme with sage cream, rattan, dark woods and a majority with private lanai (balcony), pillow top beds, 26” flat screen high-definition TV, high-speed Internet cable, refrigerator, coffeemaker with complimentary coffee, and cable TV with pay-per-view movies.

Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach is offering a special US$129 room rate per night. The offer is good through December 22, 2009 and subject to availability. Restrictions may apply.

The hotel general manager is Jim Heather, and the director of sales and marketing is Roy Cordeiro.

https://www.marriott.com/news/detail...Article=439880
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
And it's only a Cat 5!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rtyard+waikiki
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Thanks to the OP for mentioning this property. I just reserved a room for 2 nights in December with a AAA rate of $98 per night plus tax.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:29 pm

I stayed at the Courtyard in Waikiki last week with the "Global Rate Break" of $87.20 per night. My take is that it's an older building that apparently had a major renovation in 2007 and probably had additional things done before it became a Courtyard. It is a very nice, very clean hotel, with an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, but the rooms are small and it's a couple blocks from the beach so I would consider it maybe a category 4 hotel.

I had previously booked a room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with a AAA rate of $123 per night. I considered that a very good rate for a top notch ocean front resort in Waikiki, but I decided to make the switch. The HHV is probably well worth the extra $36 per night, but I refuse to pay the additional $18 per night that they charge for internet access. Internet access is of course free at the Courtyard. I hope someone at the HHV realizes that they are losing paying customers due to their ridiculous internet rates.

The end result is if you're traveling with your kids or want that great ocean front resort, then I would recommend the HHV, but if there are no more than 2 in your party and you don't mind walking a couple of blocks to get to the beach, then I would highly recommend the Courtyard.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAMillion
I stayed at the Courtyard in Waikiki last week with the "Global Rate Break" of $87.20 per night. My take is that it's an older building that apparently had a major renovation in 2007 and probably had additional things done before it became a Courtyard. It is a very nice, very clean hotel, with an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, but the rooms are small and it's a couple blocks from the beach so I would consider it maybe a category 4 hotel.

I had previously booked a room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with a AAA rate of $123 per night. I considered that a very good rate for a top notch ocean front resort in Waikiki, but I decided to make the switch. The HHV is probably well worth the extra $36 per night, but I refuse to pay the additional $18 per night that they charge for internet access. Internet access is of course free at the Courtyard. I hope someone at the HHV realizes that they are losing paying customers due to their ridiculous internet rates.

The end result is if you're traveling with your kids or want that great ocean front resort, then I would recommend the HHV, but if there are no more than 2 in your party and you don't mind walking a couple of blocks to get to the beach, then I would highly recommend the Courtyard.
Im here now, checked in last night and no regrets!

Im a Plat and was able to get aroom in the Rainbow Tower which isnt the main building its 12 floors with 7 rooms per floor, outside corridor. But its like a jr suite, theres a micro wave , fridge 2 TVs a table and chairs and was told by numerous employees I asked taht the rooms were biger then those in the main building

I would stay here again as its convient for me
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by craz
Im here now, checked in last night and no regrets!

Im a Plat and was able to get aroom in the Rainbow Tower which isnt the main building its 12 floors with 7 rooms per floor, outside corridor. But its like a jr suite, theres a micro wave , fridge 2 TVs a table and chairs and was told by numerous employees I asked taht the rooms were biger then those in the main building

I would stay here again as its convient for me
Sounds like you were in a "Larger Guest Room" as those are the ones w/the Kitchenette

I noticed that folks who have posted reviews at various sites like the rehab but seem to say that the Standard Rooms run kinda small.

Even though as a Gold, I probably would have a decent shot at an upgrade, given your review and those other comments, i decided to shell out the extra $12 to secure the Larger Room.

Then again, i scored an LNF so i'll still end up paying less than the lowest (AAA) available rate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.