FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:08 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAMillion
I stayed at the Courtyard in Waikiki last week with the "Global Rate Break" of $87.20 per night. My take is that it's an older building that apparently had a major renovation in 2007 and probably had additional things done before it became a Courtyard. It is a very nice, very clean hotel, with an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, but the rooms are small and it's a couple blocks from the beach so I would consider it maybe a category 4 hotel.

I had previously booked a room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with a AAA rate of $123 per night. I considered that a very good rate for a top notch ocean front resort in Waikiki, but I decided to make the switch. The HHV is probably well worth the extra $36 per night, but I refuse to pay the additional $18 per night that they charge for internet access. Internet access is of course free at the Courtyard. I hope someone at the HHV realizes that they are losing paying customers due to their ridiculous internet rates.

The end result is if you're traveling with your kids or want that great ocean front resort, then I would recommend the HHV, but if there are no more than 2 in your party and you don't mind walking a couple of blocks to get to the beach, then I would highly recommend the Courtyard.
Im here now, checked in last night and no regrets!

Im a Plat and was able to get aroom in the Rainbow Tower which isnt the main building its 12 floors with 7 rooms per floor, outside corridor. But its like a jr suite, theres a micro wave , fridge 2 TVs a table and chairs and was told by numerous employees I asked taht the rooms were biger then those in the main building

I would stay here again as its convient for me