Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
WHy stay in Waikiki when the Big Island or Maui or Kauai is a short flight away....
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slpybear
WHy stay in Waikiki when the Big Island or Maui or Kauai is a short flight away....
Now that is a good question.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by MikeBU
You wanna talk deceptive Waikiki hotel pictures? I just checked out the Starwood site for the Princess Kaiulani, and they clearly chased away all of the hookers that are always hanging around the hotel before taking the pictures. To me, that's the defining characteristic of that property, and they're nowhere to be seen on the website...

In all seriousness, though, I would venture to say that the rooms at the Marriott are on average closer to the beach than the rooms at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. So it's really just the road that's got you worried. Buyer beware, as always.

If only we could fly to the beach from the hotel room, they might be closer than say the rooms in the Kalia Tower at the HHV. After living in Waikiki for 18 months and staying at both hotels, I can say without a doubt that it is easier to get to the beach at the HHV than it is from any room at the Marriott.

I agree but I might remove Maui from your list.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Now that is a good question.
Reason I asked... first time we went to Hawaii was in 2006... We just booked an AAward ticket in Y for HNL and then found a good deal on a hotel at Waikiki. We mentioned this to a good friend and they just looked at us with a blank stare and said, "Why?".

We changed plans and after we flew into Kona from HNL... and drove up to Kohala... and walked into our room at the resort... and looked over the lanai at the ocean.... Then we understood. ^
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

Although I agree with the overall statement and sentiment; spending 1 to 2 nites in Waikiki offers one the opportunity to respectfully visit Pearl Harbor and perhaps do the North Shore Drive loop.

IMO, each one offers its' own unique ambiance, "must see's", and vacation memories. Although I certainly have a preference, I can honestly say that I enjoyed the time spent on each island, and recommend doing so to friends.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sophiegirl

Although I agree with the overall statement and sentiment; spending 1 to 2 nites in Waikiki offers one the opportunity to respectfully visit Pearl Harbor and perhaps do the North Shore Drive loop.

IMO, each one offers its' own unique ambiance, "must see's", and vacation memories. Although I certainly have a preference, I can honestly say that I enjoyed the time spent on each island, and recommend doing so to friends.
Actually, I agree with you on this... for the first trip. We did a 5 night BI - 2 night HNL trip. Pearl Harbour was great and the Dole Plantation - Lost filiming sights - and North Shore were worth it.

Second trip not sure I would do it again.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
any bonuses at Marriott Waikiki Resort?

I'm Gold, and will stay at MArriott Waikiki Resorts soon.

Does my Gold status get me anything?

Breakfast?

Room Upgrade?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
No breakfast. (They get asked about it often enough that the fact that its not a benefit at a resort property is likely to be brought up before you ask at check-in.)

If available, you will get a "one category" upgrade as they explain it. So a city view becomes a partial ocean, partial ocean may become a better partial ocean or an ocean view, etc. (This is based on what they explained when I checked-in last year. I won't take an issue whether or not its following the official policy. To be honest, I didn't spend much time in my room anyway, so I didn't care.)
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Waikiki Marriott and Internet fees

Just returned from a very relaxing 8 days at the Waikiki Beach Marriott in HNL. It was my first time staying here as I'm usually a low-key Kona sort of guy. However, it was my girlfriend's first visit to Hawaii, so I wanted to take her somewhere with lots of things to do and a nice beach near the hotel.

We had a great time and had an ocean front room on the 9th floor. The beach got crowded at times, of course, but we were always able to find a fairly quiet place without too much walking. The Marriott is a great place with tons of things to do in the vicinity. My biggest complaints are how much they gouge you on certain things, but I guess that's sort of to be expected. They wanted something like $14.00 a day to connect to the hotel's WiFi. Hands down the highest price I've seen anywhere in the world, especially considering that most tourist hotels seem to offer it for free anymore. But I managed to stick it to them, and I can't imagine many people with Internet needs actually pay this fee. All you had to do was walk out on the balcony and you could instantly find about 3 or 4 free WiFi connections. ^
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:04 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Glad it was a good holoholo!

Since this is mostly about the Marriott Waikiki, I'm going to move to that forum from the Hawai`i forum.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawai`i forum
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Medic1
They wanted something like $14.00 a day to connect to the hotel's WiFi. Hands down the highest price I've seen anywhere in the world
Maybe in the US, but definitely not the world. Most London hotels run £15 ($25 USD), and London Grosvenor Sq is £20 ($33 USD) per day. European Marriott and Renaissance Hotels run 19.95 € ($26 USD). See this link additional prices throughout the world: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...fees-hsia.html
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Medic1
They wanted something like $14.00 a day to connect to the hotel's WiFi. Hands down the highest price I've seen anywhere in the world, especially considering that most tourist hotels seem to offer it for free anymore.
Full service hotels - the 4* kind with full-service restaurants, room service, valets, and pools - typically charge for wifi while budget and limited service brands (Courtyard, HGI) do not.

Glad you had a good trip. I strongly suggest you never do laundry, connect to wifi, or enjoy a non-comped breakfast at a 5-star hotel in Europe.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Full service hotels - the 4* kind with full-service restaurants, room service, valets, and pools - typically charge for wifi while budget and limited service brands (Courtyard, HGI) do not.

Glad you had a good trip. I strongly suggest you never do laundry, connect to wifi, or enjoy a non-comped breakfast at a 5-star hotel in Europe.
Yeah, I guess not. I just don't think many of these places make much money from the WiFi fees they charge. It's so common to find a free connection, why pay?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I agree that in this day and age it is outrageous. Much more so in Europe (and that goes for the €30 breakfast as well). However, your luck in finding free wifi seems to be better than mine. I find it extremely rarely from my hotel rooms, and, well, if you have to be connected, you pay. Boingo and iPass seem to work pretty well from many places.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
This is why I keep an AirCard in my backpack... it also helps when the free WiFi is crap...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.