Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
AMEX Delta business
AMEX business platinum and business gold (Canadian)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Barclaycard Arrival World MC
Chase Ink Cash Visa
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred (should give 2x, similar to CSR -- probably expired as of 6/5/17)
Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x, coded as travel -- this appears to have expired as of 6/5/17)
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category, misc. government services)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard
US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa

Successful Payees:
AAA (Socal, Santa Ana) insurance: Electronic payment: Processed 5/21 (Sunday), Complete 5/23, Arrived-Posted 5/26
ACS: took about 2 weeks to post
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check): 2 week turnaround
Citi Mortgage: Electronic - less than 1 week turnaround as of May 2017
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax & GST/HST remittances
Firstmark Services (student loan, electronically remitted)
Fidelity Bank (Mortgage) https://www.fidelitybank.com/ks/Home.aspx
Flagstar Bank (Mortgage), electronic payment, posts in 2-3 days.
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
NA Shade & Associates LLC
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
Nationstar Mortgage, electionic payment, post in 2-3 days.
New York Community Bank (NYCB) Mortgage: check mailed by Plastiq 4/27, posted 5/1.
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
PennyMac Mortgage: 1-1.5wk turnaround
TCF Mortgage: 1.5 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wawanesa USA Insurance
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16

Restrictions
New VISA payments are not being accepted for mortgages.
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I can confirm now, that both CSR and Citi ATTAM gave 3x on the same type of payment.
Citi coded as misc. govt. services, while CSR coded as travel. Also waiting for Ink test results.
It's a tough decision now, since I have 1.75% rate locked for ATTAM, and the fact that there is also annual bonus of 10k points for it, so it may still be better than CSR, though I prefer UR points over TYPs.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by jklasd
Tried to pay mortgage through plastiq using Staples Metabank Visa Gift Cards today. Was declined. 3 attempts with 3 different GCs all declined by Metabank. Called Visa: rep says I can't use VGC for mortgage payments through plastiq
It must just be that type of GC because I've been using VGC and MCGC for mortgage for a while. I most recently used the $200 variety from OD/OM/Staples deals.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by yugi
I can confirm now, that both CSR and Citi ATTAM gave 3x on the same type of payment.
Citi coded as misc. govt. services, while CSR coded as travel. Also waiting for Ink test results.
It's a tough decision now, since I have 1.75% rate locked for ATTAM, and the fact that there is also annual bonus of 10k points for it, so it may still be better than CSR, though I prefer UR points over TYPs.
Thanks for the DP's. I'm in the same exact dilemma.. Figured once I hit the 10k threshold for the year, then would likely move it to CSR.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:21 pm

Plastiq

FYI referral payouts increased to 500/1000.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
2 more payments to vendors(fellow photographers). 1 to MN and 1 to GA.

Setup - 4/15
Sent - 4/19
Arrived - 4/23
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:12 am

I signed up for one of those $500 in fee credits yesterday afternoon. I'm trying to make a payment today and it's charging me $25 fee. Is the fee credit limited to certain vendors and/or subject to a time delay?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by nas6034
I signed up for one of those $500 in fee credits yesterday afternoon. I'm trying to make a payment today and it's charging me $25 fee. Is the fee credit limited to certain vendors and/or subject to a time delay?
Got to your profile > Rewards & Referrals. How many FFD do you see? You'll get some after your 1st payment.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
Got to your profile > Rewards & Referrals. How many FFD do you see? You'll get some after your 1st payment.
Thanks! I just setup my first payment ($500) so let's see how it goes.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:10 am

My account had the promo last week to schedule 6 monthly mortgage payments and getting the fee waived for the first month. Has anybody had this promo and cancelled the subsequent payments after submitting the first one fee-free? Did Plastiq retroactively charge the fees for that first payment?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

made mortgage payment via plastiq to wells fargo on 4/18. checked mortgage account and payment posted 4/21 as additional principal payment. payment is due 5/1/17 and I was not expecting a 3-day turnaround time. i sent it earlier as many DPs have stated much longer time frames for actual delivery of payment. i have messaged Wells Fargo to get them to apply the payment to the payment due on 5/1/17 and not as an additional principal payment. Just checking if anyone else had similar experiences and if there is any way to avoid this? I guess if its such a quick turnaround i could set the recurring payment to around the 28th of each month instead of the 18th which it currently is. I thought one had to specify "additional principal payment" for it to count towards that but i guess not.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My account had the promo last week to schedule 6 monthly mortgage payments and getting the fee waived for the first month. Has anybody had this promo and cancelled the subsequent payments after submitting the first one fee-free? Did Plastiq retroactively charge the fees for that first payment?
I have not done this personally but I have seen quite a few data points suggesting that people have done this and not had Plastiq retroactively charge the fee for the first payment. However, that does not guarantee that it will work for everyone. It says in the T&C that they may do it. I actually want to change the dates of my recurring payments so I was actually thinking about changing the dates and wondered if this would affect my promo as well.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
I have not done this personally but I have seen quite a few data points suggesting that people have done this and not had Plastiq retroactively charge the fee for the first payment. However, that does not guarantee that it will work for everyone. It says in the T&C that they may do it. I actually want to change the dates of my recurring payments so I was actually thinking about changing the dates and wondered if this would affect my promo as well.
Yeah, that's what worries me. I've done promos in the past with Mastercard in which I got a low 1.5 or 1.75% fee when scheduling 6 payments, and then cancelled the payments without retroactive charge; but I don't remember if there was anything in T+C for those promos.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
First time Plastiq user. Paid rent on CSR - got 1x today. I'm assuming I did something wrong - Paid rent to Landlord's firm (new user) - no cash advance warning.
Any ideas what I did wrong. Posted as

Merchant category BUSINESS SERVICES NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Acid
First time Plastiq user. Paid rent on CSR - got 1x today. I'm assuming I did something wrong - Paid rent to Landlord's firm (new user) - no cash advance warning.
Any ideas what I did wrong. Posted as

Merchant category BUSINESS SERVICES NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED
Where do you see this information on Chase website?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Where do you see this information on Chase website?
Attempt to dispute the transaction - you will see the MCC info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.