Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The 2017 thread is here
Print Wikipost

Simon mall gift cards(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:08 pm

Simon just gave up a Central Florida Mall

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
They might not re-open selling. Rumor Simon isn't going to manage that mall any more per post #2316.
The new property managers just do AMEX gift cards.

Fortunately there are 2 other Simon Malls close by, one has chip system, fill out form $10,000 limit NO problems.

CSR was happy to help, knows what I was doing and 2 others were doing same thing. Oh, they call in for an authorization but just takes a minute.

One is now my go to Simon gift card source. Never had a problem with Simon VISAs.

However in Central Florida liquidating is hit or miss even at same store/supermarket in the same day.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:10 pm

Dumped 7k of SMGCs today at WM no problem between 4k of MOs and 3k on 2 serve cards at Kate.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:12 pm

You can't load Serve with CC at WM

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
iam not getting this point . Do u mean buy GC from walmart using the CC and then use that GC to load serve ?

I have citi att which earns 3 typ online . So just trying out for options.

That card sits idle without any earning capabilities
You can't load Serve with CC at WM
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:14 pm

Simon not managing some malls now

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
They might not re-open selling. Rumor Simon isn't going to manage that mall any more per post #2316.
Check Simon website, it's updated with the ones they dumped.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Funny how different areas, places are different....I can pick up 10K a day with no form or ID and they don't bat a eye. Which is great for me!
I'm assuming Southdale is your SM of choice? After reading some of the frustrations in here, it's nice to be asked something like "Do you care what design, or are you buying them for the credit card points? We're trying to get rid of the holiday cards."
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
is anybody else having problems liquidating simon gc at wally world? since mid December I've had about many instances where the transaction times out. when the transaction times out, i have to swipe the card again for it to process. timing out on serve loads is no big deal but for MO, it freezes the register. i attributed the timing out to the busy holiday season but it's still timing out now. i had timing out transactions the last 2 days.
Same problem today with 2 of the 38 we liquidated. They eventually went through, but one of them took 5 tries. Better than my 11 Sunnies that would not work at all today, same issues people had last October. I had to liquidate them by using credit to buy other gc's. Not a happy day, cost me an extra $55 and a lot of time. Kinda scared to buy more Simons this weekend like I had planned, as I leave to Philippines on Wednesday and do not want any issues right before leaving. decisions decisions.

Last edited by travelfreaks; Jan 7, 2016 at 12:15 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:11 pm

Does Simon mall gift cards sold by GCM online have PIN ?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:36 am

Where besides for walmart and FD can I liquidate these VGC's? Also, how much does FD allow you to load at once?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Meezewho1122
Where besides for walmart and FD can I liquidate these VGC's? Also, how much does FD allow you to load at once?

Just joined FT and want all the answers without any effort.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Does Simon mall gift cards sold by GCM online have PIN ?
Try reading, all the information is out there.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenme1
Just joined FT and want all the answers without any effort.
He just asked some questions. It's totally irrational to become angry at that -- you don't own the information.

Meezewho1122, read this thread if you're interested in buying MOs with them.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ift-cards.html

I don't know the answer to your second question, since I don't use FD.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
He just asked some questions. It's totally irrational to become angry at that -- you don't own the information.

Meezewho1122, read this thread if you're interested in buying MOs with them.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ift-cards.html

I don't know the answer to your second question, since I don't use FD.
There are lot of people(seniors and their aliases) who just get irritated by seeing the questions and post irrelevant replies and targeting new comers .

Why cant they move on or redirect them to correct threads.

Atleast 1 member is not like this. Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:07 pm

Thank you both for sticking up for me.
I'very long read the blogs here and others, but couldn't seem to find the answer.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Meezewho1122
Thank you both for sticking up for me.
I'very long read the blogs here and others, but couldn't seem to find the answer.
This is not the thread to ask those questions. As mentioned above, look at the "New to Manufactured Spending" thread at the top of the "Manufactured" Spending list. You can ask newbie questions there. Also do searches on the entire forum for your questions. There are plenty of threads that talk about what you asked. Asking them in other threads will bring out people who are tired of answering these questions for people who do not seem to read. (Which may not be your issue.) You need to read, read, and read these threads until you have your own basic understanding of what to do and where to start.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:31 pm

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 9, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.