Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The 2017 thread is here
Print Wikipost

Simon mall gift cards(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:08 pm

Both purchases from GCM and GCMS are processed by GIFT CARD MALL TX on credit card statement
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by dothemath
All this discussion got my hopes up, but the BLUEPRINT category, as already stated, is "wholesale clubs AND discount stores". I just looked at an earlier purchase this quarter at a local Simon's, and although it was categorized like that in BLUEPRINT, it only earned 1%.
I just confirmed the same -- Simon Malls did not count as a bonus category for Freedom cards. Although S.M. classification by Chase included "Superstores, Wholesale Clubs, Discount and Resale Stores, and Variety Stores", it was most likely the last one (Variety Stores).
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
New Year's Resolution: I will be a more graceful Loyalty Gamer.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I just confirmed the same -- Simon Malls did not count as a bonus category for Freedom cards. Although S.M. classification by Chase included "Superstores, Wholesale Clubs, Discount and Resale Stores, and Variety Stores", it was most likely the last one (Variety Stores).
All you had to do is read my post. No CC is bonus at Simon lol
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
All you had to do is read my post. No CC is bonus at Simon lol
I may've overlooked it (delayed page refresh perhaps).
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:28 pm

Anyone else have there Simon say that the gift card system is down?

Today and yesterday I haven't been able to buy any, they say it's down and there's no ETA - trying to find out if this is a local issue or more widespread.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by coplate

Today and yesterday I haven't been able to buy any, they say it's down and there's no ETA - trying to find out if this is a local issue or more widespread.
Bought $5k worth today at around 3 pm at my local Simon.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by coplate

It seems that when they report that issue here at one location, the one across the street isn't affected and doesn't even know there's a problem elsewhere.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Bought $5k worth today at around 3 pm at my local Simon.

Originally Posted by Carl
It seems that when they report that issue here at one location, the one across the street isn't affected and doesn't even know there's a problem elsewhere.
Thanks guys, I'd guess it's something really simple, and the guy who knows what to reboot is just on vacation :-)

I have until the 12th to finish the min my SW CP. Worst case I can just visit the grocery store, but it's good to save a few bucks and trips.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Please continue the discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ds-2017-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.