Reload this Page >

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:55 pm

I just got an email inviting me to rejoin. I was offered the two premium levels but opted to continue in the free level. FWIW I have only had one LHW stay during the past year despite the two stay "requirement" to maintain membership.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fheardhaigh
I just got an email inviting me to rejoin. I was offered the two premium levels but opted to continue in the free level. FWIW I have only had one LHW stay during the past year despite the two stay "requirement" to maintain membership.
I'm in the same boat. 1 stay in the last year and I was just invited to renew.

I book most of my LHW properties through Virtuoso and get very good treatment that way. The one time that I booked with my LC number I didn't receive any of the published benefits for that property (Sherwood Taipei). I'm returning there in a few days and will see if I get anything this time.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I DID have two stays booked through them (apparently Amex Corporate Travel bookings do NOT count) and did receive the invitation. I renewed, but declined the upgrades offered.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: Way Too Many
Going through the different LHW threads I haven't found what I was looking for and hope someone here can help.

I just signed up for LHW and as has been stated any benefits will only be received through booking on their website. However, the hotel I am interested in booking is much more expensive on the LHW site than on the hotels website.

So should I call and ask LHW to price match or should I book through the hotel with my LHW card and hope to get the benefits, if any?

Your thoughts appreciated

J
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:09 am

Hi Jonny,
unfortunately this is the usual thing that happens all the time with LHW: they ask you to place your reservation thru the Cluba dn then you fin out that prices you get directoy for the property or trhu you travel agent are much more interesting!!!
it is very annoying and I guess this is the reason why may wonderful properties are withdrawing (or never joined) LHW.
I have been a member since 2001 (basic no fees) and could never make a reservation thru the Club concierge as I am not really willing to waste my money to get the same services at a much lower price. Nevertheless I received LHW benefits on some occasions, even if it seems they are getting more strict year after year. I also was invited to join.
My impresson is that LHW is badly organized and manged in terms of marketing and guest loyalty and cannot really make up their minds on how to conduct the whole program.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by jonnny
So should I call and ask LHW to price match or should I book through the hotel with my LHW card and hope to get the benefits, if any?

Your thoughts appreciated

J
I tried asking them to match once (IIRC, it was for the MO in London, which had MUCH cheaper rates on its own website). They contacted the hotel, which said it would offer LC benefits only for the rack or corporate rates posted on the LHW website. Since receiving those benefits even when one books through LHW is IME chancy at best, I thought it was a no-brainer and booked directly with the hotel instead.
There have been a few occasions (and I know other FTers have had similar success, as well) where I did not book directly with LHW but was able to get an upgrade at check-in on showing my LC card.

Last edited by rfrost; Nov 7, 2006 at 7:21 am
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:21 pm

Programs: Way Too Many
Thanks rfrost and racman,

I will initially try and pricematch and if that does not work I will book through the hotel including with the reservation my LHW card details. I will then flash the card on Check-in.

We'll see what happens

J
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Further to my original post - I finally received my renewal email offering the 3 levels. Free for the basic, USD300 for the next one and a ridiculous USD3000 for the top tier! Also since my last post I had the pleasure of staying at the Lapa Palace, Lisbon (a Orient Express hotel) and was offered the full benefits of the Leaders Club; room upgrade, welcome gifts of Port, Pralines and a fruit basket and was asked if I needed a later check-out. Thumbs up to the Lapa Palace and at an excellent rate of EUR250 a night it was a bargain!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by rfrost
...There have been a few occasions (and I know other FTers have had similar success, as well) where I did not book directly with LHW but was able to get an upgrade at check-in on showing my LC card.
Right, one category upgrade at Oriental BKK with LC card number info when booked through MO's website last May. In return, got the renewal offer today...
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:28 am

1) Banyan Tree Lijiang - No LC recognition at all

2) Dusit Laguna Phuket - Greeting from the manager + bottle of wine & chocolates in room

3) King David, Jerusalem - Room upgrade to old city view
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Gold
What exactly are the benefits of LHW Unlimited level?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Gold
I know that LHW Access comes with recognition at Relais and Chateux; can I get the same recognition at Relais and Chateux through 5C membership; is 5c membership free?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure AMEX and Virtuoso are usually the best bet.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:55 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
LC in Nice and Rome

I just received a LC membership through my bank, and plan trips to Rome and Nice (and viciniti). Does anyone have any experience in getting recogniced at hotels in these areas?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:04 am
Suspended

If you book through LHW.com, you will recieve a confirmation, which clearly shows that leadersclub requests have been send. So, fill out the online questionaire carfully.
I have only once not recieved the promised benefits, so far

Also, if you are into nice / splendid hotels, get a Relais & Chateaux Club 5C membership. (that might require a few stays at their (marketing) properties first)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.