Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
LHW Best Rate Guarantee

Trying to make a booking for 1st weekend stay at Hotel De Crillon, Paris. Hotel website stated the best rate for superior room is 630 euro included 50 euro hotel dine in credit, which mean net room cost is 580 euro only. LHW website has a rate of 680 euro for the same type of room with no dine in credit. As per LHW website, they will match any published rate available. I am wondering what is FTer experience in past for situation like this? Do you call LHW and tell them about hotel rate and get booking at matched lower rate and still enjoy the benefit offered by LHW access member benefit?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: QFF WP, PG Premier, LHW LeadersClub Ultimate, R&C 5C Club,HHonour GOLD,
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Trying to make a booking for 1st weekend stay at Hotel De Crillon, Paris. Hotel website stated the best rate for superior room is 630 euro included 50 euro hotel dine in credit, which mean net room cost is 580 euro only. LHW website has a rate of 680 euro for the same type of room with no dine in credit. As per LHW website, they will match any published rate available. I am wondering what is FTer experience in past for situation like this? Do you call LHW and tell them about hotel rate and get booking at matched lower rate and still enjoy the benefit offered by LHW access member benefit?
In my experience they have always matched and or bettered the price.
Your LHW agent will generally contact the hotel and get a better rate for you.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An update now that the fee was increased to $150 USD per year- I am curious who renewed, and how the treatment has been (presumably the number of members has decreased given that many members went from a zero cost to a $150 per year fee).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I let mine lapse - after all, if I suddenly need to make a booking and it makes sense to use LHW for the internet / brekky, I can always rejoin.

What really annoyed me last year, ironically, is that LHW had historically had 1 or 2 fantastic drinks parties in London every year to showcase member hotels. You would have thought that charging for membership would encourage them to hold more of these events, but they actually seem to have dropped them. I would, seriously, have paid the fee if I knew I was guaranteed two serious drinking sessions on LHW each year!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
I let mine lapse - after all, if I suddenly need to make a booking and it makes sense to use LHW for the internet / brekky, I can always rejoin.

What really annoyed me last year, ironically, is that LHW had historically had 1 or 2 fantastic drinks parties in London every year to showcase member hotels. You would have thought that charging for membership would encourage them to hold more of these events, but they actually seem to have dropped them. I would, seriously, have paid the fee if I knew I was guaranteed two serious drinking sessions on LHW each year!
I am in a similar position.

I also have not been visiting any cities where I feel the LHW membership is valuable lately- some of the holes in the hotel collection are really an absence for me especially in APEC:

Shanghai

Hong Kong

Bangkok

Beijing

KL

Singapore

Jakarta
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

Irony of ironies.

I posted this yesterday afternoon, and it turns out that last night there WAS a big LHW party in London, which I may have been invited to had I renewed my membership. And it was about 90 seconds walk from where I was working yesterday!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Irony of ironies.

I posted this yesterday afternoon, and it turns out that last night there WAS a big LHW party in London, which I may have been invited to had I renewed my membership. And it was about 90 seconds walk from where I was working yesterday!
The injustice of the world.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Irony of ironies.

Was jolly good too. Better than the last do at the Gherkin. Lots of space, many more hotels 'exhibiting', great setting in a livery hall and some fab Handel music to mark the Queen's Jubilee.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
A few detail questions:
1) If you have 8 stays at property 1 followed by 2 stays at property 2, do you get 2 free nights as you've banked 10 stays with 2 hotels represented or 1 free night as only the last 5 included the obligatory second hotel?
2) If you upgrade to an unlimited membership does the free night after 4 stays still require the 2 hotel minimum?
3) How well are the no two continuous nights can be considered a stay rules followed? At SPG, the process is the same, but if one completely checks out and has a new folio that's is unlinked, they end up with 2 stay credits instead of one.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Recent LHW Club Experiences?

Hi all, I am debating about joining the Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club for a weeklong stay at the Williamsburg Inn, which will hopefully help ease a family get-together trip!

Does anyone have recent experiences with LHW Leaders Club bookings, benefits received, service at the hotel as a member, etc? I've noticed some of the hotels like the Williamsburg Inn and some Langham properties are not part of any other hotel programs like Virtuoso or Amex FHR, so the LHW Club is pretty much the only way to get some "status" and perks. Thanks kindly!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LR2013
Hi all, I am debating about joining the Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club for a weeklong stay at the Williamsburg Inn, which will hopefully help ease a family get-together trip!

Does anyone have recent experiences with LHW Leaders Club bookings, benefits received, service at the hotel as a member, etc? I've noticed some of the hotels like the Williamsburg Inn and some Langham properties are not part of any other hotel programs like Virtuoso or Amex FHR, so the LHW Club is pretty much the only way to get some "status" and perks. Thanks kindly!
The only LHW-affiliated property I've ever been denied benefits at was the Bellagio in Vegas. It's questionable whether it's a 'leading hotel' anyway. Otherwise I've found every other place I've stayed at has been forthcoming.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Thanks, nth_utsera_sth_utsera. Good to know you haven't run into issues. I agree with your assessment of the Bellagio, was surprised to see it on the list of LHW. It doesn't seem to have a problem honoring Amex FHR benefits, so maybe it's phasing out of LHW.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: luxury traveler
sale through June 3, members only?

We are looking to book in Ecuador the week of June 30 or Aug 3 for a family of four… Wondering if it's worth joining for the sale to be at the Royal Palms hotel? If you happen to know, I'd love to learn the rates. thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chicagocat
We are looking to book in Ecuador the week of June 30 or Aug 3 for a family of four… Wondering if it's worth joining for the sale to be at the Royal Palms hotel? If you happen to know, I'd love to learn the rates. thanks!
So far I can see, this hotel doesn`t participate at the Private Sale. It`s not shown on the list
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: luxury traveler
Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Offerendum, thanks for checking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.