Reload this Page >

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: QFF WP, PG Premier, LHW LeadersClub Ultimate, R&C 5C Club,HHonour GOLD,
Smile LHW Membership

I have been a Leaders club member since 2002.
Last year had at least 5 stays in LHW hotels and have just recieved my complementry stay award.
I have been very fortunate as the Australian LHW team have arranged to comp me "Unlimited" membershipfor 2011 , as we are doing a round the world trip June / July. All the hotels that we ahve booked have already been upgraded to suites prior to our arrival. Thanks must go to the LHW team here in Australia they are brilliant, nothing is to much trouble for them and will continue my association with LHW because of the team here in Oz.^
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by excell
just recieved my complementry stay award.
would love to know their response if you ask about redeeming at wolgan

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 24, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
I am planning to redeem at Wolgan but yet to call LHW.

I didn't get unlimited, just the Access level.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: QFF WP, PG Premier, LHW LeadersClub Ultimate, R&C 5C Club,HHonour GOLD,
I have spoken to my contact at LHW here in Sydney and I am using my free night for the Hotel Splendido in Portofino (that has just saved me 1720 euros)
Thank you LHW and all the team there.^
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have spoken to my contact at LHW here in Sydney and I am using my free night for the Hotel Splendido in Portofino (that has just saved me 1720 euros)
peak season = jul/aug = €1089 ?

€1485+ wolgan valley
€1500+ le royal mansour
€1590+ maia (breakfast only)
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:37 pm

I thought that the free nights were only good for base rooms. The rate of 1720~ euros would suggest that you perhaps have reserved a higher category for additional paid nights.

What category have they confirmed for the free night? Have they confirmed you in the same category that you are paying for on additional nights?

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Feb 15, 2011 at 2:24 am
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I thought that the free nights were only good for base rooms. The rate of 1720~ euros would suggest that you perhaps have reserved a higher category for additional paid nights.

What category have they confirmed for the free night? Have they confirmed you in the same category that you are paying for on additional nights?
I had Superior Junior Suite already booked and the GM at Splendido has confirmed with LHW in Sydney that the free night can be used
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had Superior Junior Suite already booked and the GM at Splendido has confirmed with LHW in Sydney that the free night can be used
im seeing €1780 + 10% = €1958 ($2656) in high season.

^ have to say very impressed with LHW. but does it depend on past spend?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:09 pm

im seeing €1780 + 10% = €1958 ($2656) in high season.

^ have to say very impressed with LHW. but does it depend on past spend?
No I don't think so as we would normally stay in 1 or 2 per year. I really think it is down to the competent team here, especially are agent (I can't mention his name) but has been in the business for 30 years and was with Sheraton and Intercontinental before and knows most people in the business, GM's and included PR's.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i meant your 5+ stays in 2010 which earned the free night.

(if they were all in cheapest properties, maybe they would not be so flexible.)

The 5 stays we had last year were Observatory Hotel Sydney 1night
Versace Hotel Gold Coast 2 visits of 2 nights, The langham melbourne 2 nights and Hayman Island for a long weekend.
thanks again for all the details. ^^

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 16, 2011 at 5:21 pm
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:18 pm

i meant your 5+ stays in 2010 which earned the free night.

(if they were all in cheapest properties, maybe they would not be so flexible.)
The 5 stays we had last year were Observatory Hotel Sydney 1night
Versace Hotel Gold Coast 2 visits of 2 nights, The langham melbourne 2 nights
and Hayman Island for a long weekend.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:28 pm

That's great that Splendido confirmed the free night in the same category^ Plus, with Leaders Club you might even get upgraded.

A junior suite at Splendido is on my list, too
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:37 pm

Okay flyertalkers I just got an offer from American Express offering 5000 membership rewards points if I sign up for the Leaders Club. Since the $100 "Access" level qualifies, it means the membership is almost free for the first year. I also travel a lot for business so the benefits are alluring. However, the kicker seems to be to qualify for the one free night after fiver stays ONLY those nights booked through lhw.com qualify (although you get all the other benefits). Since you can usually get better reates than at lhw.com, I'm leaning towards renewing my Ambassador membership with Intercontinental hotels which gives me benefits on any paid stay irregardless of booking channel.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dguruswamy
However, the kicker seems to be to qualify for the one free night after fiver stays ONLY those nights booked through lhw.com qualify (although you get all the other benefits). Since you can usually get better reates than at lhw.com, I'm leaning towards renewing my Ambassador membership with Intercontinental hotels which gives me benefits on any paid stay irregardless of booking channel.
My experience has been that stays booked through different booking channels qualify.

From LHW's FAQ page:
How do I make a Leaders Club reservation?
To ensure each hotel is aware of your status and that your stay qualifies for Leaders Club Rewards, your reservations must be made through one of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. booking channels. These channels include:
  • Our Worldwide Reservations and Service Centers. You can call 1-800-650-2582 (CLUB ) or your local reservations office as listed on www.lhw.com/contactus.aspx.
  • Our website www.lhw.com.
  • Your travel agent. When booking through your travel agent, please ensure that your Leaders Club number is provided at the time of booking.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Not sure why some of you are complaining. In my opinion, the new LHW benefits beat most other frequent guest programs out there:

* A guaranteed one-category room upgrade at time of booking
* Complimentary continental breakfast for two
* Free Internet access (where available)
* A unique welcome gift at each Leading Hotel
* Early check-in/late check-out considerations
* Special rate privileges
* Concierge services
* Complete five stays and receive a free night at any Leading Hotel

Most of these benefits I don't even get as an SPG Platinum, and for that I need 25 stays or 50 nights per year. At LHW I get all this for only $100 without any stay requirements (or free for existing members).

What other benefits do we get at other programs? Suite upgrades are a hit and miss. Lounge access is very nice at some hotels but non-existing or not worth it at lots of other hotels. Points we earn are usually worth less than 20% of points needed for a free stay at a top category hotel.

I'm seriously considering moving most of my stays to LHW hotels. All their hotels I stayed at so far were excellent and they have a good coverage. If they were to allow more than one free night per stay and were to give us the "unlimited" membership for say 25 stays or 50 nights per year, then I would most likely switch.
One additional good feature for us European customers may be the free partner perk of a Sixt Platinum Card with car upgrades and some rental discounts:

Partner Offers

Leaders Club offers enriching, exclusive benefits at Leading Hotels when club members reserve through The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

SIXT BENEFITS

Leaders Club Access members enjoy the exclusive advantages of the Sixt Platinum Card. Benefits include discounts* of up to 15% and an upgrade** on all Offline and Internet private customer rates of Sixt rent a car valid at time and place of rental. To enroll, please visit www.sixt.com/leadersclubaccess/cardapplication or for direct bookings www.sixt.com/leadersclubaccess.

*The discount depends on local availabilities and cannot be combined with specials.
**upon availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.