Reload this Page >

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:09 am

I agree with all the negative comments. I travel constantly and stay only at luxury hotels, many of them are LHW. I actually paid to join and feel like I have been scammed.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Fheardhaigh
I stayed at the Hotel Sacher in Salzburg in February and was upgraded to a nice room with champagne, fruit basket and a souvenir Sacher torte. I did book through LHW website but I also sent the hotel a note letting them know that we were celebrating an anniversary. Not sure whether to attribute the nice amenities to Leader's club or my excellent note writing skills!

(edit for grammar)
I was at the Sacher 3 years ago for no particular occasion and was given a great room (which I'm sure was an upgrade), fruit basket and Sacher tort, so I think that's one of the places where Leaders Club status IS recognized. I don't recall the champagne, so that may have been an anniversary special!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:11 am

Anyone that have stayed at the Hay Adams in Washington?
If so how do they treat members? and how is the hotel?

//GH
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SPG Plat
I've had three nice stays at LHW properties since the LC relaunch.

1. Cape Grace, Cape Town: Upgraded from a Loft room to a 2-bedroom suite. Got a nice gift of a leather Cape Grace luggage tag. Wonderful hotel, though, so I don't think LHW needed to do anything to make it better.

2. Four Seasons, London: Had all sorts of service problems (oh, the didn't get the reservation for the car to pick me up at Heathrow due to a Bank Holiday) and ended up in one of the nice conservatory rooms. No LC recognition at all.

3. Halkin, London: No LC recognition, but did get a room upgrade to a studio suite and a welcome drink from the bar (delivered to the room). The views were of a construction site so that was disappointing. The food at Nahm was great but the became lacking as the room got busy.

I travel a lot to San Francisco and had looked forward to staying at Campton Place through LHW, then they dropped out of the program. Now there are no SF hotels in LHW! What's that about?

I got an odd email today from LHW saying my LC membership has been extended through October 2006 (from the original Sept 2006 expiration). How does a free membership expire? Not impressed by the program, but the hotels they include are generally wonderful on their own.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I got the same - membership extended from August to October, with a promise that they were about to bring on board lots of new partners. (ie they were saying 'please stick around to give us another chance to get this right!).
Old Jul 14, 2006, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I got the same - membership extended from August to October, with a promise that they were about to bring on board lots of new partners. (ie they were saying 'please stick around to give us another chance to get this right!).

I received the same offer and replied to it telling them the program did absolutely nothing and was a scam. I suggest other "members" do the same.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:47 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I received the same offer and replied to it telling them the program did absolutely nothing and was a scam. I suggest other "members" do the same.
I too got this e-mail. I figured I would wait to see what this is all about as I have nothing to lose. I have consciously NOT stayed at a LHW property at all this year electing to go with Virtuoso instead.

If the program remains as sad as it is now, I too will tell them where they can put my membership!!
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
I stay a few times per year with LC, often in combination with FHR and the like - got the extension message, too, but am ambivalent about a potential lapse...it's not a program that "earns" anything and recognition is spotty, and with all the confusion and types of memberships? The program doesn't seem to know what it is or wants to be.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by ghsweusa
Anyone that have stayed at the Hay Adams in Washington?
If so how do they treat members? and how is the hotel?

//GH
Hay Adams does provide LHW upgrades. Critical in this hotel, which has quite a few poky old rooms. In general, the hotel is about service - but the rooms and facilities are a bit tired. But if you want to stay in this part of town, it is one of the better bets, along with the Willard.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M, Leadersclub, Sixt Plat, UA
it works...

I have stayed at several properties this year, booked them through LHW and always have recieved the full benefits of the program. Even at Kempinski, they have a different code in the program, they honored my membership.
I do wonder what they want to add. Create yet another so called "luxury travel program"?
Here is a list of a few places it worked:
Palace Berlin: standart roo to business suite 2x
Kempinksi Hamburg: standart room to suite 2x
Palace Berne: standart to superiour 1x
Hay Adams Washington. standart to luxury 2x

maybe one will recieve these treats in generally, dont know. Was nice to get them anyways.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 5:33 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
I ve just returned from a stay at the Trump Tower and Hotel in NYC, with a booking through the LC.

We booked a City View Suite but was given a so called Park View Suite.
This overlooked the entrance canopy to the hotel and also people sleeping rough on the benches opposite.

The windows did not have privacy glass and so most of the stay was stay was spent with the curtains closed.

I wanted to ask to be moved but mrs swissytrader did nt want a fuss to be made.I was not all happy or impressed.

On the plus side, we had a wonderful meal in Jean Georges restaurant.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by swissytrader
I ve just returned from a stay at the Trump Tower and Hotel in NYC, with a booking through the LC.

We booked a City View Suite but was given a so called Park View Suite.
This overlooked the entrance canopy to the hotel and also people sleeping rough on the benches opposite.

The windows did not have privacy glass and so most of the stay was stay was spent with the curtains closed.

I wanted to ask to be moved but mrs swissytrader did nt want a fuss to be made.I was not all happy or impressed.
And how is this the fault of the Leader's Club? Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by Pickles
And how is this the fault of the Leader's Club? Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.
Not so much the fault of the Leaders Club, just the lack of creditability of the Leaders Club within the Trump organisation.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by swissytrader
Not so much the fault of the Leaders Club, just the lack of creditability of the Leaders Club within the Trump organisation.
That's probably an accurate assessment.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
stayed at the Skylofts MGM Grand and made the reservation through the LHW website.... I had to fight for my upgrade (although I am glad I did ! 2 BR suite was gorgeous and had 8 LCD TVs) and the manager even told me that I should book through Amex Plat FHR as they don't usually give upgrades for LHW ?!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.