Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
I hope we will see a posting of something positive in this situation. I too left something of value (3 years past) in that pocket and could not retrieve it. Filed a claim but I knew I'd never see it again. It was not as valuable as that ipad and I was able to replace what I lost. But the sting of not being able to return to get it is still there.

I hope something good happens here and would like to hear of a 'Happy Ending' to the story.
Old May 28, 2012, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
...I hope something good happens here and would like to hear of a 'Happy Ending' to the story.
Just in case no happy end comes, let me briefly mention a similar story that happened to me five years ago after a non-*A flight. I flew to EZE and for reasons too stupid to explain, during the entire flight I had put my banana bag that "only" included my camera and about 4000 $ in cash, into the overhead bin. Needless to say that I forgot it on board and I realized it when I went to book a transfer into Buenos Aires in the arrival lobby. In full panic I run, the wrong way, back into immigration and customs, screaming to the officers that I had to go back to the plane. When about to enter the jetty into it (nobody had stopped me till then) I saw the crew coming out and the purser waiving the bag to me, smiling. Of course, that was not in FRA and not flying LH, which fully explains why I wasn't shot or arrested...
Old May 28, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Originally Posted by KLouis
Just in case no happy end comes, let me briefly mention a similar story that happened to me five years ago after a non-*A flight. I flew to EZE and for reasons too stupid to explain, during the entire flight I had put my banana bag that "only" included my camera and about 4000 $ in cash, into the overhead bin. Needless to say that I forgot it on board and I realized it when I went to book a transfer into Buenos Aires in the arrival lobby. In full panic I run, the wrong way, back into immigration and customs, screaming to the officers that I had to go back to the plane. When about to enter the jetty into it (nobody had stopped me till then) I saw the crew coming out and the purser waiving the bag to me, smiling. Of course, that was not in FRA and not flying LH, which fully explains why I wasn't shot or arrested...
I'd say you 'transmitted' your ownership of the item he was holding. No need to see identification.
Old May 28, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Miles&More
Originally Posted by KLouis
I wish I could have done the same.
I still can not believe how in 2012 in a country like Germany things like this can happen. The persons that has taken my IPad should relize how is important its content to me and how big is the damage this is creating. Probably I'm dreaming a perfect world which will never exist, even in a developed country like Germany.
I hope LH will realize the mistake it has done and it will learn from it.
OF COURSE AS YOU CAN IMAGINE I DID NOT YET RECEIVE ANY GOOD NEWS
Old May 29, 2012, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ipads are certainly something you can forget in the seat pocket. Yesterday someone left it in the aircraft at IST and when we boarded a pax noticed the ipad which even the cleaning crew had missed. The purser collected it and handed it over to the station manager near the gate. The FA close to us mentioned that its very frequent and he wondered how people don't take better care of a 500-600+€ item they used for pretty much the entire flight.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The FA close to us mentioned that its very frequent and he wondered how people don't take better care of a 500-600+€ item they used for pretty much the entire flight.
Many possible reasons- strange that the FA did not have more empathy. One point I always have found very strong at LH are the people who work onboard the aircraft who are usually wonderful and a huge asset.

A number of answers to the question including the most logical:

Because they are tired and stressed from a flight which may have followed an early morning or a long day at work?

Let's all hope the OP gets their Ipad back and is able to post a nice ending to this unfortunate story.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The FA was great, no doubt, I only quizzed him about the ipad since I saw this thread a few hours before. He didn't say it in any derogative fashion. I can't recall the exact words but he roughly said that people love their ipads and use them for most of the flight until the FAs literally have to stand in front of the them during approach to switch them off. He mentioned its usually the same who then forget the ipad in the mad scramble to get off the plane asap. He said that he was perplexed how people can leave behind an item they used the entire flight that was pretty expensive (5-600+€), usually stored right in front of them.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:18 am

Item left onboard Lufthansa airplane June 2012

Good day,

I left my mobile (blackberry) onboard the airplane (most likely in the seat on row 9B or may have fallen below the seat) on flight LH 1285 from Athens to Frankfurt on 02/06/2012.

I realized it as soon as I got off the plane and immediately run at the Lufthansa desk to ask them politely to go search for it since I was flying in 3 hours to my final destination in Amsterdam and this was my company's cell and had really important and sensitive information necessary for my business trip and my work in general. Unfortunately, there was no one on the Lufthansa Left on Board booth (which by the way was off the airport-meaning that I had to pass security again on the way in) and they only had a phone there which as they claimed once you pick it up you should connect immediately to a LH personnel.....but the phone was keep on ringing and nobody was answering....I was really frustrated. I finally managed to find a LH personnel who just told me that the only way to contact them is by sending an email on [email protected] which I did immediately.....As you can easily understand since then I have sent 5 messages and still no reply...I was flying back to Athens on Tuesday 05.06.12 via Frankfurt and I really hoped that I would be able to retrieve it on the way back or at least that I would have received a reply or even just an acknowledgment of my emails and that they are looking into the matter....but unfortunately even when I arrived at Frankfurt airport for the second time and I rushed to the Left on Board booth....I faced again the same situation....no one at the booth/picking up the phone....

Honestly I don't understand why is it so difficult to just reply to an email message. I am travelling all of the time and this is the worst experience I had with an airline....The customer service is totally unacceptable....Surely this will be the last time I am flying with Lufthansa.

Please let me know if there is any other way of contacting their Left on board department and where I can file an official complain.

Thanks & Best Regards
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:56 am

I left both of my phones on a flight

hi I wonder if anyone has any info on what to do with this.

I left two mobile's on a Lufthansa flight from Heathrow to Berlin Tegel on Friday 8th june.

LH3373

There was nothing handed in at Tiegel. Could it be that the plane went on from there? How do I find out please?

Thank you very much

Jim
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:00 am

The aircraft for Tegel are usually all based in Tegel. Do you have a specific flight number? Then I can trace the aircraft...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:06 am

I would notify both the carrier and the airports' lost and found as well as finding its next location.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
As all flights between Berlin Tegel and London Heathrow are codeshares with BMI and operated by British Midlands, the plane is definitely not based in Berlin.
Best to check with BMI and ask for their flight number BMI 3373 on Friday the 8th of June, 2012.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:03 am

It seems you were on G-DBCA, which did the LHR-TXL rotations for quite some time: http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-dbca and is flying domestic/irish routes this week. If found, your phones are lying safely in BD's lost & found department in London. Just contact them via twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/flybmi the social media team should be able to help.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:25 am

that is excellent advice thank you everyone. Oliver I have tweeted BMI. will let you know!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems you were on G-DBCA, which did the LHR-TXL rotations for quite some time: http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-dbca and is flying domestic/irish routes this week. If found, your phones are lying safely in BD's lost & found department in London. Just contact them via twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/flybmi the social media team should be able to help.
alas they said the flight is being operated by Lufthansa. Have Tweeted them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.