Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:05 pm

There is a uc club in terminal 6. Wouldn't that be better than going to 7?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JayBird0711
There is a uc club in terminal 6. Wouldn't that be better than going to 7?
Sure... but I believe the T7 one is a lot nicer. But I could be wrong.

Forgot to ask... Your incoming Delta flight is a domestic flight? If so then yes, you have time to jog over to the UA lounge.

If you are on a connecting international flight, you will not have time.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:25 am

Which Lounge is the nicest to hang out in pre-flight for a couple of hours at LAX? I know there have been some changes lately at TBIT. It will be late tonight. our flight departs at 1am.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by realcruises
Which Lounge is the nicest to hang out in pre-flight for a couple of hours at LAX? I know there have been some changes lately at TBIT. It will be late tonight. our flight departs at 1am.
If you are flying out TBIT, there are currently 4 lounges: Star, OneWorld, SkyTeam, and Unaligned. Star is the only one in the new building and that is the one I would try to hang out. The other ones are all run down and about to be replaced.

11 PM to 1 AM is peak departure hours at LAX to Asia and Australia so expect a large crowd inside some of the lounges
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold,HH Gold, Flying Club Gold, SAS Gold
Hi I arrive on VS23 at 18:00 or so and I have 6 hours before my flight with TACA to SAL. I don't have star alliance status, so what options do I have to grab a shower etc? (if any) both flights are out of T2
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:02 pm

The manager of the Relax Lounge has confirmed on the website that they closed on November 2. It seems nothing similar is being planned for the future, which is a shame.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by thebouncer
Hi I arrive on VS23 at 18:00 or so and I have 6 hours before my flight with TACA to SAL. I don't have star alliance status, so what options do I have to grab a shower etc? (if any) both flights are out of T2
While NZ lounge does offer pay per use, it is subject to space and in the evening the lounge is always jammed full with several NZ flights (lots of business and elite passengers). While it doesn't hurt to ask, I expect the answer will be no.

With 6 hours you have enough time to buy a day room at a nearby hotel (or even book a cheap overnight rate).
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Can I use the NZ lounge if flying AC on a business class award? No *A status.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Can I use the NZ lounge if flying AC on a business class award? No *A status.
Yes if the lounge is open, and subject to space.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:41 pm

Any options for a shower in the morning? Arriving from HNL, departing to ORD about 4h later - UA F class, *G, PLT Amex/Priority Pass?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
I am doing a quick trip YYZ-LAX-PSP-LAX-YYZ tomorrow. Arrive with AC in Terminal 2 and depart Terminal 8 with United. Have about an hour 20 min layover in LAX. Coming back from PSP I arrive in Terminal 8 at about 1430 and leave with AC from Terminal 2 at 16:05.

How far is it from Terminal 2 to 8? Anyway around another security check since I am an arriving pax?

Best bet for leaving my roll-on during the LAX-PSP round trip? Also, from what I have heard the NZ lounge is the best *G option. Is that still the case?

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun
I am doing a quick trip YYZ-LAX-PSP-LAX-YYZ tomorrow. Arrive with AC in Terminal 2 and depart Terminal 8 with United. Have about an hour 20 min layover in LAX. Coming back from PSP I arrive in Terminal 8 at about 1430 and leave with AC from Terminal 2 at 16:05.

How far is it from Terminal 2 to 8? Anyway around another security check since I am an arriving pax?

Best bet for leaving my roll-on during the LAX-PSP round trip? Also, from what I have heard the NZ lounge is the best *G option. Is that still the case?

Thanks.
There is no way to avoid security for this transfer on both direction. Land side transfer only. You will need to clear security at T6/7 going to PSP and clear security at T2 going to YYZ.

T8 is an annex of T7 so you will exit/enter from the T6/7. See my post above (#301) about walking vs. taking the shuttle from T6 and T2.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 pm

I'm the lucky owner of a 10-hour layover this upcoming Friday. I arrive at LAX via American Airlines at 9AM or so, and have a red-eye departure from TBIT via British Airways. I'm from LA so I'm not really interested in venturing out of the airport lugging all of my crap around and I also don't feel comfortable letting my luggage out of my sight.

I have Amex Plat/Priority Pass and was wondering if I should stick to the Admiral's Club upon arrival or head on over the KAL lounge in TBIT. I have the whole day ahead of me to split between the two, but which is the lesser of two evils? Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun
I agree with bzcat, walk it. I haven't bothered with the airport shuttle, but I've taken the Union Station flyaway shuttle to the airport before and of course United is the very last stop at T6/7. It took 30 minutes to get the whole way around, stopping at every terminal and unloading baggage. I wanted to get off at Terminal 1 but I foolishly told the person loading baggage I was flying United and she marked my bag T7. Doh. Next time I know better and I'll have "Southwest" in the back of my mind.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
The TBIT Skyteam lounge is scheduled to close tomorrow, Jan 20 to move to the 'new' Skyteam lounge. However while they list Jan 20 as the closing date of the old Skyteam lounge, it does not specifically say its the opening date of the new lounge. Does anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.