Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Forgot to check that one yesterday, was a bit busy with wrapping up some work items before walking to the gate. Must set my next flight from Narita as well and report back.
That would be great!

http://www.traicy.com/archives/8795945.html

From the pictures, the cubicles look nice. Not what you would normally expect from an airport common area
Old May 8, 2015, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
That would be great!

http://www.traicy.com/archives/8795945.html

From the pictures, the cubicles look nice. Not what you would normally expect from an airport common area
Looks very nice, and a bit needed. Terminal 2 in Narita was starting to look a bit "tired"
Will report back next time I am through Narita.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:54 pm

Hello,

I am considering booking HND-SFO on JL002 in F. Being that this flight departs late at 00:05, what is the meal service like? Is it a reduced service given the flight timing?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 12, 2015, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tlott
Hello,

I am considering booking HND-SFO on JL002 in F. Being that this flight departs late at 00:05, what is the meal service like? Is it a reduced service given the flight timing?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, Good Sleep Service will be provide, which means light snacks, then a la carte menu, and full breakfast before landing. You can find the full menu on

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/first/
Old May 12, 2015, 10:18 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Moderators, should a more suitable thread exist, feel free to move this, but I'll be transiting (int'l to int'l) NRT with JL on 26 May roughly between 16:30 and 17:30 if anyone can invite me into one of the Sakura Lounges.

Thanks,
BmB
Old May 13, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Moderators, should a more suitable thread exist, feel free to move this, but I'll be transiting (int'l to int'l) NRT with JL on 26 May roughly between 16:30 and 17:30 if anyone can invite me into one of the Sakura Lounges.

Thanks,
BmB
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...er-thread.html
Old May 19, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I am planning on ICN-NRT-HNL later this year. I am AA Platinum (oneworld Sapphire) and my wife is AA Gold, so my wife and I can get into the JL Sakura lounges when travelling in Y. But, .... We are travelling with my Korean sister-in-law. Does JL have a "day pass" or something similar for purchase to get her into the lounge with us? I saw on the jal.com webpage on lounges there is a "coupon" for second and third guests, but without explanation. Thanks in advance.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by relangford
I am planning on ICN-NRT-HNL later this year. I am AA Platinum (oneworld Sapphire) and my wife is AA Gold, so my wife and I can get into the JL Sakura lounges when travelling in Y. But, .... We are travelling with my Korean sister-in-law. Does JL have a "day pass" or something similar for purchase to get her into the lounge with us? I saw on the jal.com webpage on lounges there is a "coupon" for second and third guests, but without explanation. Thanks in advance.
Nope that's for JMB members to redeem.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by relangford
The lounge coupons are only for JMB Members in Japan, points can be exchanged for them.

You might want to see if someone can guest you in.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:29 pm

Flying JFK-NRT tomorrow on JL5. Unable to check in online, getting an error saying there aren't any seats to assign. Is this simply a situation of 1-2 seats being blocked for elites/bassinets/etc and I will get one of them assigned at check in at JFK? Or can it be a matter of an oversell? Flight is in F. If it is an oversell how does JAL handle these situations?
Old May 21, 2015, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greendx
Flying JFK-NRT tomorrow on JL5. Unable to check in online, getting an error saying there aren't any seats to assign. Is this simply a situation of 1-2 seats being blocked for elites/bassinets/etc and I will get one of them assigned at check in at JFK? Or can it be a matter of an oversell? Flight is in F. If it is an oversell how does JAL handle these situations?
Should just be seat blocking. Don't think they are overselling F.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:26 pm

Should just be seat blocking. Don't think they are overselling F.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if they oversold or not. At the very least it seems like a very full flight. I'm not seeing any tickets for sale on JL5 in any cabin tomorrow.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sky Lounge at NRT T2

I had the chance to check out the new Sky Lounge in Narita this week.

It is in a fairly open space, with a number of quite comfortable seating options. Most of the seating options have power outlets (Japanese/American standard plugs).

There is a Work station area, a café area, and cubicles with more comfortable seating. And a few of the cubicles with Japanese style massage chairs (for a few 100s yen) The cubicle wall means that you are pretty secluded once seated, but if you stand, you will be taller than the walls. Probably the most private seating options in open terminal space I have seen.

The café looks nice, and prices reasonable. There are no showers, but the Toto Gallery as restroom facilities. All in all a very good option to relax or Work if you do not have lounge access with your ticket/ffp.

Cubicle

Café Space

Cubicles

Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:29 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
New to JL. Can I really book a 8 segment 4000 mile or less JL award on AA metal with up to 7 stopovers for 25k miles?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: FT
You should read this if you plan to pick row 5

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23509291-post13.html
Thanks a bunch for this. Hmmm.

I like the idea of the mini cabin but don't like the observations. If it matters, my wife is about 5' and daughter is 9. I guess I could make sure I am in the G seat. Any photos that I could visualize what Unimatrix One is getting at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.