Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by jedicat666
I booked 2 nights with 35,000 points 6 weeks ago successfully (For February 2016). I wanted to make a small change last week but realized that I could not book anything for the rest of 2016.

Do realize that i booked more than 6mths in advance. IC Danang, IC Koh Samui etc are good burn properties, I do expect it to run out of reward availability fast. Early bird gets the worm
Lucky you! It was on 2 weeks ago. I just postpone to get confirmation from my girlfriend and the reward night was gone. Ruin my Valentine Day in 2016.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by philuccom
I have just checked again. It couldn't be book by points anymore. How did you check?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:17 pm

Thanks for your image. Rewards night for IC Danang is now available with 50k on late May 2016 and onward. Which means they will release new requirement points in April 2016 as they did in April 2015. (I assume that)
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by philuccom
Thanks for your image. Rewards night for IC Danang is now available with 50k on late May 2016 and onward. Which means they will release new requirement points in April 2016 as they did in April 2015. (I assume that)
There are also reward nights available this year and it changed to 50k. Indeed they changed immediatly and without prior information. I'm not happy about it since I was planning to book the next days.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by fairchecker
There are also reward nights available this year and it changed to 50k. Indeed they changed immediatly and without prior information. I'm not happy about it since I was planning to book the next days.
I wasn't happy,too.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The rate increase does not surprise me.

This is a premium location and they are operating for a lot of the time at capacity. Look at the rate increases over the last 24 months. I guess expect more of the same. I don't see it getting cheaper.

On my recent stay at the weekend the place was over 80% occupancy. The F&B struggled to provide a serine and quality product. A great shame. I hate to say it but I get the feeling that the price increase is to restrict numbers to a certain degree but clearly along good supply and demand business sense.

This is a spectacular property and I would say the sub $250 nightly rates are gone. Retail at $400 up or 50k in points is the way ahead.

They want to be considered a member of the flag ship group in SE Asia like IC Bali and IC Koh Samui so expect less and less award availability. Club upgrades will incur a cost because they want to provide a true premium service that's costs money

A shame but a fact of life.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by dewby
The rate increase does not surprise me.

This is a premium location and they are operating for a lot of the time at capacity. Look at the rate increases over the last 24 months. I guess expect more of the same. I don't see it getting cheaper.

On my recent stay at the weekend the place was over 80% occupancy. The F&B struggled to provide a serine and quality product. A great shame. I hate to say it but I get the feeling that the price increase is to restrict numbers to a certain degree but clearly along good supply and demand business sense.

This is a spectacular property and I would say the sub $250 nightly rates are gone. Retail at $400 up or 50k in points is the way ahead.

They want to be considered a member of the flag ship group in SE Asia like IC Bali and IC Koh Samui so expect less and less award availability. Club upgrades will incur a cost because they want to provide a true premium service that's costs money

A shame but a fact of life.
Totally agreed with you
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:53 am
BP3

At the resort just now. It's an amazing, special place!

I booked 3 nights on points at 25k a night. I'm a Spire member and received an unexpected upgrade to a terrace suite! I was greeted as a Platinum member on arrival, so maybe they do upgrade Plats on points too?

A complimentary full size bottle of red wine was waiting in the room, alongside chocolates and a full fruit bowl. A nice welcome

Food at Barefoot is very good. I wasn't impressed with the food at Citron and my girlfriend and I have both had an upset stomach ever since eating there.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:33 pm

Even I am willing to pay by 50000 pts, still not managed to secure a reward night... Nearly all reward nights are sold out in the coming months...

I wonder if they will release reward rooms few days prior to the arrival date?

Anyone have some experience on this hotel regarding on the reward inventory?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
IHG Spire member here if that means anything to award availability - I'm not seeing any availability at the IC Da Nang at all... not in the next few days and not a year in advance. Have they blocked off everything?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:47 am

I booked 5 nights for Feb 2016 prior to the first increase total of (125k points)...glad I did, now I hope I can actually get there.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Miles&More IHG
Went there for three days in april.
One reward night + 2 * 25 000 points. Was a bargain.
Ok brekkie was 50 USD for 2 but waw.. never saw a breakfast like that. (too bad I couldn't enjoy one of them as upset stomach... )

Can't imagine the upset stomach being from citron though.. food was quite good.
Barefood... food too pricey for the quality.

It is however far from Danang town and all attractions around.. so if you want to go see the sights.. take that into account.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:55 pm
BP3

Originally Posted by Koja78
Ok brekkie was 50 USD for 2 but waw.. never saw a breakfast like that. (too bad I couldn't enjoy one of them as upset stomach... )

It is however far from Danang town and all attractions around.. so if you want to go see the sights.. take that into account.
My gf and I also got an upset stomach the day after eating at Citron!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Koja78

Your observations are spot on!
We booked at 25k/night and was an absolute bargain. Jumped up to 35k and still reasonable. 3 months later and another jump to 50k. Now it's tougher to justify spending 50k when Bali and Koh Samui are still 35k.
The breakfast spread was excellent. Compared to La Maison 1888, Barefoot cafe was a bargain.
Overall it's a wonderful but completely isolated resort. Don't expect if you intend on experiencing the other parts of Vietnam. Chances are you'll be too lazy to leave the resort like we did and spend the entire stay on the hotel's premise.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by BP3
At the resort just now. It's an amazing, special place!

I booked 3 nights on points at 25k a night. I'm a Spire member and received an unexpected upgrade to a terrace suite! I was greeted as a Platinum member on arrival, so maybe they do upgrade Plats on points too?

A complimentary full size bottle of red wine was waiting in the room, alongside chocolates and a full fruit bowl. A nice welcome

Food at Barefoot is very good. I wasn't impressed with the food at Citron and my girlfriend and I have both had an upset stomach ever since eating there.
Had similar experience as a Plat, also got upgraded to a terrace suite.

I actually really enjoyed the food at Citron, but love the outside pods overlooking the resort. We stuck to the Vietnamese options though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.