Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:09 am

IC Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [unannounced changes]

So the property went from 35,000 to 50,000 on redemptions despite going from 25,000 to 35,000 points in May.
Thought the whole point of having a yearly review is not to have these unannounced changes in the program?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:09 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
someone needs to summon IHG Steve !
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
oh my good, i was there last february for 25k Points (-10% Ambassador Kick-back)

yes, the Hotel is pretty - but sorry - not like InterContinental Amstel, Bora Bora, Tahiti etc...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Glad I was able to stay last week while it was @ 35k points (at time of booking)
Very nice property. The best IC i've stayed so far.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago on free nights. I'm not a fan of the unannounced category change, but in their defense, the summer rates are eye-watering ($680 for the base room during my stay). It's certainly one of the best (and priciest) ICs I've stayed at (considering that IC GS HK and SIN price at 50k points, this place would be worth 150k). My problem wasn't so much the unannounced change, but the fact that for a periods of several months, there didn't seem to be any award availability at all.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
My problem wasn't so much the unannounced change, but the fact that for a periods of several months, there didn't seem to be any award availability at all.
Moving from 25K to 50K in the space of weeks is definitely not cool. That said, if 25K could never be booked, hopefully 50K will get the hotel to open up some award space that people might find useful.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Moving from 25K to 50K in the space of weeks is definitely not cool. That said, if 25K could never be booked, hopefully 50K will get the hotel to open up some award space that people might find useful.
Back in Feb this year - I booked 7 nights at 25K for now (end Aug) , so it could be booked. Maybe they decided to take inventory away for awhile when they decided to increase the rate until that was done.

I'm also disappointed at the increase to 50K - but I still think it's absolutely worth it. I just hope IHG don't increase their maximum level.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:05 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I don't think much of the 25k/50k difference trickles down to the hotel; it's mostly a way for IHG to control demand. The hotel has to make available for redemption a certain percentage of rooms (reportedly, 5%), and these rooms may now book up slightly less quickly. As cmcbugg says, this property is spectacular and will likely see high demand even at 50k points.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:16 am

Looking to book award stay here. when I put in 2 adults I can choose from king beds or queen beds but when I put 2 adults and 2 kids I'm given no options. My kids are 5/8. has anyone had any issue with families the size on one room?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by nic3456
Looking to book award stay here. when I put in 2 adults I can choose from king beds or queen beds but when I put 2 adults and 2 kids I'm given no options. My kids are 5/8. has anyone had any issue with families the size on one room?
If you put 2 adults+2children in one room, it showed up with suite or villa only.
If you have club access, i think that surcharge for kid over 6 should applied, if no, kid over 6 pay for breakfast (maybe 50%).
Extra bed is free. Room big enough for all 04.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by OrientExpress
If you put 2 adults+2children in one room, it showed up with suite or villa only.
If you have club access, i think that surcharge for kid over 6 should applied, if no, kid over 6 pay for breakfast (maybe 50%).
Extra bed is free. Room big enough for all 04.
Were you able to get a points booking with a suite or villa? I couldn't
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Were you able to get a points booking with a suite or villa? I couldn't
Plz, you and me, i think that we both know that reward nights are applied for standard room only.
Based on my own experiences with IC Danang, whats ever on points or paying, just book room for 02 adults, resort shall try their best to accommodate your children.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA IHG
you could try check with guest services or reservations if you wanted:
guestservices AT icdanang.com
reservations.icdanang AT ihg.com

My welcome email also had these surcharges (not sure what the surcharge is without breakfast)
Kid Surcharge
• Breakfast for Child (below 6 years old): Complimentary
• Surcharge for Child (6 – 12 years old): USD35++ per child with breakfast ( no extra bed )
• Surcharge for Child (above 12 years old) or adult : USD75++ per child ( with extra bed & breakfast )
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
so any recent experiences of RA upgrades here, read something earlier about them capping upgrades. I had to book the 1 bed peninsula suite as that was cheapest available, any ideas on upgrades?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: Miles&More IHG
Originally Posted by BP3
My gf and I also got an upset stomach the day after eating at Citron!
So maybe there is a pattern.
Oh and we stuck to vietnamese options too.

The pods are brilliant that is true!

50 000... same category as Paris Le Grand... I know which one I would choose ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.