Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by ktjan
Is it just me? Trying to get a reward night at Palazzo/Venetian is almost like an impossible mission these days. I tried to book one night any time (weekday and weekend) from mid-Oct to mid-Nov and I couldn't find even ONE single reward night available. I can hardly believe they are THAT busy and full the whole month.
mid November rates as low as $179 may not be worth giving up 50,000 points anyway
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by wannagoexplore
To answer my own question, which may be helpful to other PC Platinum Members, here is the response I received from Palazzo/Venetian:

Platinum Priority Club member:

Guaranteed suite availability
Complimentary upgrade (based upon availability at the time of check in)
Priority check in (invited guest check in)
Points balance access
Express check out
Late check out (2PM rather than 11AM)
Collect points / miles
Is there any recent platinum benefit experience. I have read the thread and there are reports from 2011.

I was able to get on the 24 hour half off flash sale, so at 25K/night, I am happy. My reservation is for a luxury king suite, so all rooms are suites, I have read the upgrade is to strip view, which is fine.

Also, there is a resort fee waived?

Service Charge: 25.00 USD per night not included in rate. Fee includes local and toll free calls, unlimited in-suite internet access, daily newspaper and
access to Canyon Ranch fitness center for up to 2 guests per suite. This fee does not apply to Prestige Level suites.

SERVICE CHARGE:
25.00 USD per night not included Fee of 25.00 USD plus tax per night is not included in the rate. Resort fee includes unlimited local and toll free calls, unlimited in-suite internet access (WiFi or Ethernet), a daily newspaper, access to Canyon Ranch fitness center for up to 2 guests per suite, boarding pass printing, one (1) regular coffee or tea at Cafe Presse and one (1) 2-for-1 coupon for well drinks, house wine, or domestic beer at Bellini Bar, Laguna Champagne Bar, Fusion Lounge or Zebra Lounge. Must be 21 years of age to redeem.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, DL, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood GE, Club Carlson Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Amb
I am booked for NYE-the 4th and just purchased Ambassador status. What upgrade should I get since I got the standard King Suite?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU

Also, there is a resort fee waived?
No, they won't waive the resort fee.

Originally Posted by imprezu
I am booked for NYE-the 4th and just purchased Ambassador status. What upgrade should I get since I got the standard King Suite?
If you booked the standard suite you will get upgraded to a standard suite with view, unless of course you get lucky. It is Vegas after all!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, DL, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood GE, Club Carlson Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by emurray077
No, they won't waive the resort fee.

If you booked the standard suite you will get upgraded to a standard suite with view, unless of course you get lucky. It is Vegas after all!
20 dollar shake perhaps?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
20 dollar shake perhaps?
Possibly, but didn't try it personally. I think if they have something available they don't mind upgrading.

What I did was email the hotel ahead of time, and bluntly ask if I could have something above the strip view upgrade. I'm Plat Royal Amb so they gave me a Siena Suite.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:55 pm

Possibly, but didn't try it personally. I think if they have something available they don't mind upgrading.

What I did was email the hotel ahead of time, and bluntly ask if I could have something above the strip view upgrade. I'm Plat Royal Amb so they gave me a Siena Suite.
When would be a good time to email them?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
7:38pm.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
7:38pm.
Wow very insightful..
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:53 am

Anytime. It also doesn't hurt to say you're going to Vegas for the first time, you're celebrating a special occasion, etc.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
BOGOF Available for Thurs night

I have checked online and check-in is available for Thursday 25th Dec to use a BOGOF AMB voucher.

The hotel should honor this if I am correct as this rate is available specifically over the holidays to include this Thursday night?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have checked online and check-in is available for Thursday 25th Dec to use a BOGOF AMB voucher.

The hotel should honor this if I am correct as this rate is available specifically over the holidays to include this Thursday night?
Yes, as long as you plan on staying Friday and Saturday nights as well.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The BOGOF Ambassador Certificate has been booked for a Thursday and Friday night stay.

Staying the Saturday night on points. That should be ok right?

Yes, as long as you plan on staying Friday and Saturday nights as well.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
The BOGOF Ambassador Certificate has been booked for a Thursday and Friday night stay.

Staying the Saturday night on points. That should be ok right?
I don't believe that will work. I think you must have one reservation that includes two nights being either Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If you booked Thurs-Sat that would work. You would get one night free out of those three nights.

But if you book Saturday separately using points, you don't have a paid 2-night weekend stay anymore, and the AMB certificate isn't applicable.

Here's the T&C:

"Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two consecutive nights paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG hotel brands)."

Can anyone else on here confirm this, or correct me? Otherwise, I would call IHG directly to be sure.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:16 pm

The system doesnt usually let you book the Ambassador certificate rate for non weekend nights such as Thursdays.

At the Palazzo I have booked a stay commencing Thursday 25th Dec as part of a two night Ambassador weekend certificate booking, this is allowed by the hotel within the booking system, I can not book any other non weekend days e.g. stay commening on Sunday.

It looks like they have allowed this over the Christmas holidays.

The reasons why I am not booking Friday / Sat night even though it is available is because it is $50 cheaper this way

I don't believe that will work. I think you must have one reservation that includes two nights being either Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If you booked Thurs-Sat that would work. You would get one night free out of those three nights.

But if you book Saturday separately using points, you don't have a paid 2-night weekend stay anymore, and the AMB certificate isn't applicable.

Here's the T&C:

"Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two consecutive nights paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG hotel brands)."

Can anyone else on here confirm this, or correct me? Otherwise, I would call IHG directly to be sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.