FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC The Palazzo Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:16 pm
navatwal

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The system doesnt usually let you book the Ambassador certificate rate for non weekend nights such as Thursdays.

At the Palazzo I have booked a stay commencing Thursday 25th Dec as part of a two night Ambassador weekend certificate booking, this is allowed by the hotel within the booking system, I can not book any other non weekend days e.g. stay commening on Sunday.

It looks like they have allowed this over the Christmas holidays.

The reasons why I am not booking Friday / Sat night even though it is available is because it is $50 cheaper this way

Originally Posted by emurray077
I don't believe that will work. I think you must have one reservation that includes two nights being either Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If you booked Thurs-Sat that would work. You would get one night free out of those three nights.

But if you book Saturday separately using points, you don't have a paid 2-night weekend stay anymore, and the AMB certificate isn't applicable.

Here's the T&C:

"Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two consecutive nights paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG® hotel brands)."

Can anyone else on here confirm this, or correct me? Otherwise, I would call IHG directly to be sure.