Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by milemission
Yes, the fee was there when I booked and is still on the confirmation. I don't know if the hotel will remove it. I want to use all-point but only P+C is available.
If you are Globalist, they are now required to waive it.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Enjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html
Yes, I will remember to bring the card with me at check out , since P+C is consider eligible rate. Thank you!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by milemission
Yes, the fee was there when I booked and is still on the confirmation. I don't know if the hotel will remove it. I want to use all-point but only P+C is available.
Also strange that P&C is available but all points is not. Don't both require a standard room?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SF1K
Also strange that P&C is available but all points is not. Don't both require a standard room?
I have seen that recently at a HP. Seemed weird; standard room definitely was available for cash as well as C&P.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:00 am

Is there a preference I should be looking for for towers? I've only seen people mention DH tower is better since the club is in that one. They're pretty much the same besides that right?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The towers are pretty much identical... even the layout of the suites are the same.

The only real difference I can note is that the ground floor reception area, along with the bell desk and valets, is in the DH tower

If you're on a higher floor I don't think the view is very different either.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The Diamond Head tower is slightly closer to the water and doesn't have structures between it and the beach.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:33 am

Out of the hotel as of this moment but regular Globs don't get free breakfast buffet at Shor right? Wasn't mentioned to me at check in and we just did the plain club breakfast today. No special rates or packages for the stay.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by opiuman
Out of the hotel as of this moment but regular Globs don't get free breakfast buffet at Shor right? Wasn't mentioned to me at check in and we just did the plain club breakfast today. No special rates or packages for the stay.
Right.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:07 pm

Just asked the GM through email and yeah it the free Shor breakfast was discontinued under WoH, said they are reevaluating what to do going forward.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
In all the years I've stayed at the hotel, the Shor buffet breakfast was never free.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:26 pm

Sorry, apparently there was a discount.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by opiuman
Just asked the GM through email and yeah it the free Shor breakfast was discontinued under WoH, said they are reevaluating what to do going forward.
To reiterate, breakfast at Shor was not a GP perk.

The lines in that place are usually so crazy at breakfast, I honestly have never had much interest in eating there.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:44 pm

Yeah, I definitely misspoke, it was the discount. Thanks to you and Mary for the clarification. RC staff is amazing!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e
In all the years I've stayed at the hotel, the Shor buffet breakfast was never free.
X2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.