Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by swiss-mike
Quick update from my side: I got the usual customer survey email for this stay and did send them my feedback. The GM got back to me with a very kind and generous answer...so I hope this will make it back to my list of favourites...
Same here. Filled out the survey and received a very good response from the GM a few days later with generous and unrequested compensation. ^
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here last Friday for a London FT Do - a few observations

- no upgrade: standard small room

- AC didnt work - set to -3 but very very hot all night

- 6PM wine and snacks weren't out when we left at 18:20

Lots of new staff - overheard some of them asking for help

"Waiter" who was looking after 6PM wine & nibbles - "Chocolate Fireguard"
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
6 night stay, used upgrade certificate. Hotel seems very busy with med/pharma-related conferences. Service levels remain high, 1901 still fine for breakfast, cleanliness top notch. Didn't notice wine situation (leaving early most evenings for dinner) but the coffee and cookies were great for tea time!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat.
Much better this time around ...

Staying here now for the second time last weekend and having mixed feelings:

The Good:
* Wi-Fi is much faster than the last time (well over 2Mps download), perhaps it might be the location of the room (facing Liverpool Street)
* Guest Service Manager personally met and discussed the room option, either wait for a room with a view "One Day Walk" by Patrick Vale & Paul Davis, or check into a regular room when we checked in at 1 p.m. We decided to try out the one of a kind room, and it was ready an hour later, with email notification.
* Minibar (non-alcoholic drinks and snacks) refilled daily (unlike the Andaz 5th Avenue NYC), housekeeping was good
* Staff was friendly and eager to help throughout the stay, despite the fact that it was very busy
* Wine hour with snacks was as expected
* Great breakfast buffet @ 1901 as usual

The Bad:
* There was a party at the hotel one night, and we could hear the music. It went on until 1 a.m.

Last edited by JustinMSP; Nov 30, 2015 at 10:07 pm
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi folks,

Is the andaz suite here like a big room aka Jr. Suite? Or does it have a separate bedroom?

If it's just one big room, anyone know how much the upgrade to the bigger suite is? (Got confirmed rez to Andaz suite using DSU)

Also which is better, Andaz or W London? Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Stayed here for one night in December. Did not use a DSU and booked standard room. Received a lovely, lovely room (#222) with a ceiling so high that it felt much larger than it was.

We thought hotel was terrific, but completely different than Churchill. Breakfast in 1901 was stellar as was staff throughout hotel. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if location made sense for us.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed here for one night this past weekend. As others have said, the service is excellent throughout the hotel. Every interaction I had throughout the stay was very positive. Some of the staff members were obviously new, but even then they were professional and helpful.

I got there on a red-eye, so there wasn't a room available right away. I was still able to have an excellent breakfast at 1901. The room I had was an accessible one, so it was a little different from most rooms I think. I'm not complaining though since I was happy to get a room fairly early. Pretty good sized room with a nice bathroom and free mini-fridge.

My one gripe with the room was the wi-fi. It was painfully slow. Took a minute to even load up Google. I was facing inside, so maybe this was the problem? It was frankly unacceptable for an elite business hotel.

Other than the wi-fi, I liked this hotel. Nice location (at least in regards to the Tube station, which is really all I need), nice property, and excellent staff.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by UAL250
My one gripe with the room was the wi-fi. It was painfully slow. Took a minute to even load up Google. I was facing inside, so maybe this was the problem? It was frankly unacceptable for an elite business hotel.
The wifi here is horrid. They seem to block standard SIP ports, which means VOIP like T-Mobile wifi calling are blocked. That is, if it's even fast enough to support such services.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
The wifi is better than it was but still horribly slow. I met their IT manager last year as they were putting in a new system which did improve the speed a little. The other problem they have is that some of the internal walls are really thick and block the signal.

Best thing to do is let the GM know that the situation is still not acceptable. The more complaints he gets may spur him on to act!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thinking of staying here in October with my dad and my 6 year old. We plan on seeing some sites (that would interest a 6 year old) and attend one or two soccer matches in the London area. Andaz is less expensive than the Churchill, but is the location ok for what we want to do? We plan on take the tube to get around.

I am a DM. I was thinking of using the a suite upgrade, but I don't believe the suites have twin beds (+ a rollaway). A regular twin might be the only option for the three of us.

thanks
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Is the general consensus to get 1W since the amenity is not worthwhile?
Breakfast, 1901 or Eastway. Eastway is alacarte with good service but 1901 is a nice environment - will probably try both. Perhaps swing brunch as well.
Confirmed a DSU so at least it shouldn't be too tiny. Any tips on which Andaz Suite is preferable?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Is the general consensus to get 1W since the amenity is not worthwhile?
Breakfast, 1901 or Eastway. Eastway is alacarte with good service but 1901 is a nice environment - will probably try both. Perhaps swing brunch as well.
Confirmed a DSU so at least it shouldn't be too tiny. Any tips on which Andaz Suite is preferable?
IMO don't bother with Amenity not worth it.

I usually do 1901, I think the room and spread is great, Eastway opens slightly earlier but only by 30mins as I recall so not much in it by the time you order and get the food unless you have to leave hotel by 7am :-)

On suite upgrades there are a number of different setups, personally I prefer the single large room setup rather than two separate rooms since the times I had the 2 room setup you entered through the bedroom and was a pretty small sitting area. Others may have better room map/suite layout information
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by ekartash
Thinking of staying here in October with my dad and my 6 year old. We plan on seeing some sites (that would interest a 6 year old) and attend one or two soccer matches in the London area. Andaz is less expensive than the Churchill, but is the location ok for what we want to do? We plan on take the tube to get around.

I am a DM. I was thinking of using the a suite upgrade, but I don't believe the suites have twin beds (+ a rollaway). A regular twin might be the only option for the three of us.

thanks
Andaz is a good location, walking distance to Tower of London, spitalfields market is walking distance with plenty of shops/food/coffee etc. Your on top of Liverpool St. Station so easy access to mainline and tube to get around town. All the suites I've stayed in were king but you could ask if they will switch to twins. There are two suite styles I've stayed in. One was a large room with sitting area and a something like an 8ft high entertainment cabinet seperating the bedroom area. The other suite was two separate rooms but the sitting area was small and didn't have a sofa bed but you maybe able to get them to put a rollaway in there, but it was frankly pretty small and it would probably be a squeeze. Other option is a suite with connecting twin - I did this last stay with the family and was a great setup.

Churchill is great location as well but more of a walk to the tube but is closer to the usual attractions buck palace, museums, etc. For football depends on who you plan to see so hard to say which is best location.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ekartash

thanks
You'll be closest to West Ham as far as EPL teams go. Tottenham, Arsenal, and Chelsea are not far away on the Tube. The Andaz is also close to some lower tier teams, such as Leyton Orient and Charlton Athletic.

The Churchill may be closer to certain teams, but the Tube is right at the Andaz. If you leave with enough time, you'll have no troubles making any London games.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Thank you for the kind comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.