Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by scented
OsakaWino, this has been never my experience at all. Usually along with bellmen, two members of management wait for the limousine to arrive and whisk us straight up to the suite, where all formalities are taken care of very swiftly. They write down CC data, should they not already have it, everything else is already taken care of. With in-room check-ins you never wait a second at the front desk. Passports are copied and later returned.

SapGuy, the S class transfer is around 87.91 USD, plus 5% SVC plus 10% VAT, which brings you to around 100 USD. I don't know how much the Maybach is, because they have given it to me as a courtesy without surcharge. Bare in mind though that due to nature of the Maybach, 1 small suitcase is the absolute maximum for this vehicle. The refrigerator takes up a lot of space in the trunk, so you will need an additional luggage van or cut back on luggage. They don't allow taxis to follow the limousine for security reasons, so it is advisable to book an extra van for luggage.

Park Hyatt Saigon's service culture is extraordinary. Many young staff members the hotel developed are really thriving there, and are in fact looking at a great career in the global hospitality industry. Anh from Concierge is such an example. They really make the hotel.
We arrived by taxi. It would seem that if you book the limo the driver contacts the hotel so they can get ready for your arrival, which is how it should be taken care of. But if you arrive by taxi as we did, you should plan on spending a few minutes at the front desk, and we certainly had no problem with that.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

How long did you wait for the Uber at the airport? Did you request the service after you get your luggage and head out to the curb? We will be arriving SGN around 10:00pm and head to PHSaigon. It would be great to use Uber for the ride. Thanks.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by wolam
How long did you wait for the Uber at the airport? Did you request the service after you get your luggage and head out to the curb? We will be arriving SGN around 10:00pm and head to PHSaigon. It would be great to use Uber for the ride. Thanks.
2 minute wait for an Uber Black @ SGN. Only USD $6 to the PH Saigon. Super convenient. Request once you are at the curb with your luggage. You can pickup a Viettel SIM card with 2GB of data for ~$10 right after baggage claim and before you get to the curb.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
2 minute wait for an Uber Black @ SGN. Only USD $6 to the PH Saigon. Super convenient. Request once you are at the curb with your luggage. You can pickup a Viettel SIM card with 2GB of data for ~$10 right after baggage claim and before you get to the curb.
$6 for Uber Black to the Park Hyatt vs. $100 for a private transfer on the hotel's S class??????

Definitely a major advantage to Uber!
Old May 2, 2016, 12:22 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by sapguy
$6 for Uber Black to the Park Hyatt vs. $100 for a private transfer on the hotel's S class??????

Perhaps, but of course then you may end up interacting with front desk staff like the unwashed masses.

At SGN or HAN the Uber app includes the numbers of the poles outside to help specify the pickup location. Love Uber in VN!
Old May 2, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Perhaps, but of course then you may end up interacting with front desk staff like the unwashed masses.
I would hope that as a Hyatt GP Diamond, I would NOT be amongst the unwashed masses?
Old May 6, 2016, 2:37 am

Long-time Hyatt veteran Jan-Hendrik Meininger just left Hyatt (and Park Hyatt Saigon) for Mandarin Oriental. Hmm....
Old May 22, 2016, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sapguy

The Uber Black service here has been great since I got here on Saturday. Very polite drivers. Our last driver even had waters for passengers.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a one night stay here this week for a special occasion. Still a nice hotel, but not a value propisition.

Decent checkin, but even though I asked for about some of the Diamond benefits at the beginning, she read them off by rote again at the end. Chose a bottle of wine, and a food item. Said to bring right away, but wasn't brought for hours.

I was last here 8 years ago, and had a hard bed. They obviously had it noted, as the bed was piled very high with mattress toppers. At least an extra foot tall. I became a low jumper to get into bed.

I was on the top floor, and hated the hallway carpet. It's got cute little birds in the carpet, but they are actually slightly raised, so if you step wrong, or have mobility issues, you can actually trip.

Had a bad neighbor. Comes in late, very noisy, and then I can smell cigarette smoke coming into the room. Called the front desk, and in the morning, I can see an air freshener machine in the hallway.

Mini ipad for alarm, room service menu, etc. Slowish 4mbps internet connection. Vietnam has fast internet, so really no excuse. A local 4 star hotel is twice as fast.

Breakfast was quite nice. Great noodles, and super thin crispy bacon. It would be hard to get bored of it. Lots of great buffet and menu items.

It's a beautiful property, and service was generally good. When checking out, the bill says payment in USD. However, they've already converted from Dong, so it's over 2% more. Not a huge amount, but annoying. At least they took Hyatt USD certificates at face value. They did change it when I mentioned it.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
so... out of curiosity... what should happen when you get walked by obama / his entourage?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
However, they've already converted from Dong, so it's over 2% more. Not a huge amount, but annoying. At least they took Hyatt USD certificates at face value. They did change it when I mentioned it.
At my stay they asked if I prefer to pay in Dong or €/$ to "save" the credit-card fee. Itīs never a save, itīs always more expensive..... Of course I declined which saved ~ 50 € with a 1000 € bill.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had a one night stay here this week for a special occasion. Still a nice hotel, but not a value propisition.
I am surprised by that comment. We get a suite and room for a week here each year during Christmas and I keep waiting for the prices to go through the roof. The rates are about double what they were at opening when we first visited, but that's not bad given general inflation in VN. I can generally find a $250ish rate and with cash+points the place is a steal, add in a DSU and it's one of the better values for a PH. (particularly as a diamond) I feel like what I get at this property for $250 is a very good value proposition.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Tend to disagree. They offer rooms for around 230 $, an Executive Suite (way to go in my eyes) is still around 800 $ which isnīt cheap bus justified.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
not a value propisition.
Although I don't know the rate you paid, we had a prepaid rate of 4,650K dong +T&S (about US$240 total), which I considered very reasonable, especially when combined with a DSU. And I also consider the P&C rate, which I had booked before switching to the prepaid rate, to be very reasonable.

The breakfast is the best we have had anywhere, much, much better than PH Vendome or PH Tokyo, and that adds a lot of value for a Diamond.

I do have to agree about the parrots in the hallway carpet. Very uncomfortable walking. Found it best to just watch and not step on them, a bit like a child not stepping on the cracks.

Last edited by OsakaWino; May 26, 2016 at 1:48 am
Old May 26, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Although I don't know the rate you paid, we had a prepaid rate of 4,650K dong +T&S (about US$240 total), which I considered very reasonable, especially when combined with a DSU. And I also consider the P&C rate, which I had booked before switching to the prepaid rate, to be very reasonable.

The breakfast is the best we have had anywhere, much, much better than PH Vendome or PH Tokyo, and that adds a lot of value for a Diamond.

I do have to agree about the parrots in the hallway carpet. Very uncomfortable walking. Found it best to just watch and not step on them, a bit like a child not stepping on the cracks.
Oh, the breakfast is certainly the high point. Very good, and certainly in the top 5% of hotels I've been in.

As for value, 7500 points plus $115, is about $230 in my value book. I certainly could have tried to use a DSU, but rarely do so for a one night stay. Also, as with most Park Hyatt's, the lack of a free lounge and evening cocktail reduce its value to me.

I regularly stay 12-20 nights per year at the GH CGK, which is at a similar price point. I find a lot of value in the extras there, although admittedly SGN has a more pristine room.

Room rates were in the $300 range when I booked. There are quite a lot of other hotels here where an elite member would get 2 nights for that kind of money, and get more benefits. Of course Obama being here jacked the prices up a bit, I'd guess.

I'm not aware that Obama stayed at this property. Certainly, we checked out after he arrived in Saigon. I've been at hotels when heads of state were there, and the security was very tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.