Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:45 pm

How long do they normally take to respond? I emailed them Monday morning and I haven't seem to have gotten a response yet.

I did receive the email acknowledging my email though. Some cursory reading seems to indicate that this would be longer than average response time now
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I also applied Monday with no response yet.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It seems they are a bit back-logged. I e-mailed Sunday morning and just heard back this morning (Tuesday), requesting Hilton stay activity for past twelve months. I sent that in, and within two hours they had confirmed my Diamond challenge. Status has not yet updated on website. I need to book a stay in HKG so hope it updates soon

UPDATE: Took about two hours for status to update on-line, and another three hours for the Diamond Suite Upgrades to deposit.

On the whole, a quick and easy process and a very nice welcome to Hyatt elite status.

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 19, 2014 at 8:24 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It seems they are a bit back-logged. I e-mailed Sunday morning and just heard back this morning (Tuesday), requesting Hilton stay activity for past twelve months. I sent that in, and within two hours they had confirmed my Diamond challenge. Status has not yet updated on website. I need to book a stay in HKG so hope it updates soon
My request from Monday took 36 hrs to get a response.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:44 pm

I also just received a response. Took about 36 hours (34 actual hours) like bg26892 said
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
FWIW - I just applied for challenge two days ago. I tweeted @HyattConcierge asking for one through DM and they responded asking me to email screen shot of my Hilton status to [email protected]. Within minutes I was enrolled, no 36 hour wait.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
can i apply for a diamond challenge around early october?

if i can complete the challenge, how long for my diamond status will last?

i'm already a hyatt gp member (no status), can i use the current membership to apply for diamond status challenge?

ps. i have a bunch of stay with hyatt in october and hope to apply suite upgrade certificates to those stays.

ps2. sorry for my poor english.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Aug 21, 2014 at 1:32 am
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
can i apply for a diamond challenge around early october?

if i can complete the challenge, how long for my diamond status will last?

i'm already a hyatt gp member (no status), can i use the current membership to apply for diamond status challenge?

ps. i have a bunch of stay with hyatt in october and hope to apply suite upgrade certificates to those stays.

ps2. sorry for my poor english.
All of these questions have been answered a number of times previously in the last couple pages. Search can be quite helpful.

1) I don't see why not, assuming you are eligible based on status at competitor, and the challenge is still available
2) 2/28/16
3) Yes

Last edited by md25; Aug 21, 2014 at 7:43 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:06 pm

Is this something new? I've gotten a confirmation email that specifically outlines the date you have to stay there by

Thank you for participating in our Hyatt Gold Passport® trial Diamond offer. You receive five Hyatt Gold Passport points for every eligible dollar spent at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® worldwide to use toward free nights with no blackout dates. Your elite Diamond membership also offers you the following benefits:
• 30% point bonus on eligible spend
• Complimentary breakfast daily
• Complimentary in-room standard Internet access
• Points + Cash awards to enjoy free nights faster – NEW

To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by October XX, 2014. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more.

Start enjoying the benefits of Diamond membership. We look forward to welcoming you at more than 500 Hyatt hotels around the world, including our Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Ziva™ locations.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nothing really new.... it has been stated that these e-mails are done manually based on a template (or maybe a few). that's why some in the past have received an e-mail without a date, or with an incorrect date (end of the month).

To be sure you need to verify that the date mentioned is indeed the date your trial was approved + 60 days.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:50 am

Ah, I see. I thought this was separate from the enrollment confirmation.

Yup, it was my date + 60 days.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've read through a number of pages and did a search and haven't found the answer, so please forgive me if I overlooked the answer to the question I'm about to ask:

I'm trying to start a Diamond challenge to begin with a stay at the GHK starting this coming Friday. I have IHG platinum status, but I haven't stayed there in the last 180 days; their site will only go back to show 180 days of activity, unlike Hyatt who shows my last stay in 2010! My last stay with an IHG property was last November, so that does fall within the requirement of activity in the other program for the last 12 months.

I'm going to have a hard time proving when my last IHG stay was with the evidence I have handy. I don't have a paper copy of my receipt, and I've deleted the reservation email I had as well as any other paper or online evidence of my stay. The only thing I have in my inbox is an email from the hotel I stayed at in November asking me to complete a survey about my recent stay with them.

So I sent a screenshot of my IHG account page reflecting my platinum IHG status along with that email requesting that I take a survey. I'm waiting on a reply from Hyatt and replies from Hyatt have been relatively slow, otherwise I'd just wait to hear from them. However, I'm thinking ahead....do y'all think that the Hyatt reps will accept what I've sent or should I already start working on seeing if I can get IHG to dig up a bill or statement with evidence of my last stay within the last 12 months? Or should I hurry up and just do a 1-night mattress run at an IHG property?

Thanks for any advice.
-z
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:02 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Good Morning zski1,

I'd be happy to look at everything. Could you PM me the email address you sent both to and from with the details mentioned and I can see if I can pull it from the queue? If you still have all the attachments easily accessible, I could just take them at [email protected]. Either route works for me!

Warm regards,

Evan V

Originally Posted by zski1
I've read through a number of pages and did a search and haven't found the answer, so please forgive me if I overlooked the answer to the question I'm about to ask:

I'm trying to start a Diamond challenge to begin with a stay at the GHK starting this coming Friday. I have IHG platinum status, but I haven't stayed there in the last 180 days; their site will only go back to show 180 days of activity, unlike Hyatt who shows my last stay in 2010! My last stay with an IHG property was last November, so that does fall within the requirement of activity in the other program for the last 12 months.

I'm going to have a hard time proving when my last IHG stay was with the evidence I have handy. I don't have a paper copy of my receipt, and I've deleted the reservation email I had as well as any other paper or online evidence of my stay. The only thing I have in my inbox is an email from the hotel I stayed at in November asking me to complete a survey about my recent stay with them.

So I sent a screenshot of my IHG account page reflecting my platinum IHG status along with that email requesting that I take a survey. I'm waiting on a reply from Hyatt and replies from Hyatt have been relatively slow, otherwise I'd just wait to hear from them. However, I'm thinking ahead....do y'all think that the Hyatt reps will accept what I've sent or should I already start working on seeing if I can get IHG to dig up a bill or statement with evidence of my last stay within the last 12 months? Or should I hurry up and just do a 1-night mattress run at an IHG property?

Thanks for any advice.
-z
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:59 pm

Question re Suite Upgrades

I have a quick question about the suite upgrades.

I signed up for the Diamond Trial in July, and have 12 nights so far. My online account status shows that the status is now in effect through Feb. 28 2016.

Per the rules, when I signed up for the trial, I got 4 suite upgrades. (I have since used 1). The suite upgrades are listed as expiring on Feb 28 2015.

On Mar 1 2015, will I get 4 more suite upgrades for the next 12 months? Or are my current 4 (now 3) upgrades all I will get through Feb 2016?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by crimson12
I have a quick question about the suite upgrades.

I signed up for the Diamond Trial in July, and have 12 nights so far. My online account status shows that the status is now in effect through Feb. 28 2016.

Per the rules, when I signed up for the trial, I got 4 suite upgrades. (I have since used 1). The suite upgrades are listed as expiring on Feb 28 2015.

On Mar 1 2015, will I get 4 more suite upgrades for the next 12 months? Or are my current 4 (now 3) upgrades all I will get through Feb 2016?

Thanks!
You will get four more upgrades in early March. You can use your current DSU's for any future date they will allow. I just used some of mine for an August 2015 stay.

Any of your current upgrades not used by the end of February will disappear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.