Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Sorry if this is a silly question, when logged into my account on hilton honors website how do I tell when my account or points will expire?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by forextrader
Hilton Shopping Mall

http://www.shoptoearn.hhonors.com/hh...=1345808360193

bookbyte.com (3HH/$) or bookcloseouts.com (7HH/$) have some very cheap books - I used bookbyte a couple months ago, points posted about 6 weeks later.

Purchasing a book is probably the cheapest method. It gives you around 10 points for around 6 $ (cheap bookg + shipping cost).

Wouldn't it be wiser to purchase 1'000 points for 12.50 $?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Sorry if this is a silly question, when logged into my account on hilton honors website how do I tell when my account or points will expire?
Your points never expire as long as your account is active. To keep your account active you must have points EARNING activity (or purchase pts) once every 12 months or own a Hilton time share. If your account goes inactive, your points are lost.

Unfortunately, the accounts no longer explicitly say when the expiration dates are. You have to look at your account activity and see when you had earned points post last.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I was on a SPAM site earlier today and saw a 500 points for watching a Hampton video Facebook offer. Would it help anyone?

https://www.facebook.com/Hampton/app_104115189742156
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I was on a SPAM site earlier today and saw a 500 points for watching a Hampton video Facebook offer. Would it help anyone?

yes this will give you account activity which will keep your account active.^
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by k3nnis
So transferring from non Hilton AMEX, i.e. AMEX MR to HH does not keep the account active? Also transferring from virgin atlantic miles to HH does not keep it active?
yes this is activity that will keep your account active.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum

Thanks for that! I just got an e-mail from Hilton stating that my points were expiring. This definitely helped.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:22 pm
MRW

It's closed now but will be open again 9:00 a.m. PST on 10/03/12 until 11:59 p.m. PST on 10/12/12
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:41 am

Expiry

According to CL 13 of the T&C. 'Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 12 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated points. At the discretion of Hilton HHonors Worldwide, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated HHonors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 12 consecutive month period:
;
2.earn HHonors Points through any third party source of HHonors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms'

So any transfer from E-REWARD, Amex programme or Virgin Atlantic should meet the above citeria?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by stuzhunter
According to CL 13 of the T&C. 'Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 12 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated points. At the discretion of Hilton HHonors Worldwide, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated HHonors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 12 consecutive month period:
;
2.earn HHonors Points through any third party source of HHonors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms'

So any transfer from E-REWARD, Amex programme or Virgin Atlantic should meet the above citeria?
Since only item 2 is mentioned, that's what I'm basing this answer on. To me, it doesn't sound like a transfer would qualify because those points weren't EARNED HH points. They're points that were earned somewhere else and transferred into the HH program.

A Hilton co-branded credit card would earn points directly into HH.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by stuzhunter
;

AFAIK, e-rewards or e-miles transfers are sufficient to keep accounts alive. I personally know of at least two different accounts which had no other activity in the past two years, and they're still open.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
Is there any mechanism to transfer miles from Lufthansa Miles&More to Hilton Honors. If it is the case, could anyone provide the link to do so? I see that you can earn HH points with Lufthansa, but I have not found anything about that transfer.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:19 am

Im slightly confused. I just received an email that a lot of my points were to expire in a couple months. I have a Hilton Visa card that I use every couple of months, shouldnt that be enough to keep my points active?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by utl567
Im slightly confused. I just received an email that a lot of my points were to expire in a couple months. I have a Hilton Visa card that I use every couple of months, shouldnt that be enough to keep my points active?
Did they open a second HHonors account for you instead of using your existing one? If so, you would want to merge the two accounts.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by UAzip
Did they open a second HHonors account for you instead of using your existing one? If so, you would want to merge the two accounts.
Good question, I haven't even thought of that. Just assumed they were posting to my normal account. Thanks, I guess I'll give them a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.