Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2002, 1:37 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by USAFAN:
[B]Hilton Dresden is closed for months.

The Hilton Dresden reopened a few weeks ago. I can really recommend it: Located in the heart of the old town and only a few steps away from tourist attractions.

Old Oct 24, 2002, 2:01 am

i suggest we have a FT get together in Prague in 2003, anyone??
Old Oct 24, 2002, 2:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by belle3388:
Stayed there last week for 5 days using the GLON award. Nice hotel overall, but the executive king room was quite small. Not centrally located, about 15 minute walk from the Old Town. We did not mind walking except when it rained, was cold and windy. Also, after wandering around the city for 4 hours, the last 15 minute home was a really loooong stretch!

There was one annoyance during our stay: the intermitten hot and cold shower! The temperature of the water was inconsistent, so everytime during shower, I had to do a mini foxtrot in the bathtub, one step forward (when water was warm) two steps back (when water was icy cold and scorching hot)!

When we return to Prague next time, we will stay either at the Marriott or Renaissance which is just a few minutes from the Old Town and many nice restaurants.

(I have also posted a few warnings for Prague visitors in the Travelbuzz if you are interested.)

[This message has been edited by belle3388 (edited 10-23-2002).]
</font>

I stayed in Renaissance Prague 09/29 and Hilton Prague from 09/30 - 10/03.

Hilton is definitely better. The king rooms on executive floor are not huge, but they are much better than Renaissance in term of space and luxury. If you call Hilton room small, I would call Renaissance room tiny.

I didn't experience the water problem in my stay and days were sunny always.

Maybe it's just the weather that made you feel bad about this Hilton.

The distance to Old Town square is quite walkable. 10-15 minutes. Many nice restaurants are not located just at old town. In order to explore them all, I had to take taxi or take train, so I wouldn't mind the location of Hilton at all.

Beware that some taxi at Hilton may charge inflated rate shamelessly, though. Always ask the taxi rate beforehand.

[This message has been edited by VinceLee (edited 10-24-2002).]
Old Oct 24, 2002, 5:35 am

If you are going to Munich for vacation, consider the Munich Park Hilton over the Munich City Hilton.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 3:33 pm

Hilton Prague

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Hilton Prague

Pobrezni 1 Prague, CZ 186 00

3 Night Stat at Prague Hilton (0 Photo)

Hilton Prague

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Prague Hilton. As a Diamond I was totally impressed with this hotel and would highly recommend it. As a Diamond, I was treated exceptionally well by this hotel. My wife and I were given a two room penthouse suite with a view of the city. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Check In

Since it is the largest hotel in Czech, the lobby is often quite congested. If you are Gold or Diamond, head directly up to the 8th floor and check in at the executive lounge. The staff in the exec. lounge were quite friendly and helpful, especially Marketa, she was wonderful and very informative.

Lounge

The exec. lounge is huge, and is open from 6:30 am. to 10:30 p.m. everyday, serving an awesome breakfast including hot items such as eggs, sausages, and the best bacon I've ever had. The bacon strips were almost 2 inches wide !! Cocktails, snacks, and warm appetizers are served continuosly throughout the day and evening until closing time. There is a large screen tv and computer with free high speed internet access in the lounge as well.

Room

The room was so big it had three bathrooms. In the room when we arrived were several fresh flower arrangements, a plate of frsh fruit, and a complimentary bottle of Czech wine, quite tasty :). and a large bottle of still water. A few moments after arriving at the room there was a knock on the door and an attendant had a tray with a chilled bottle of champagne and two glases for us, compliments of the hotel. Very nice touch. Each day there we received a new large bottle of still mineral water, more fresh fruit, and a new bottle of wine.

It is true that the hotel is not in the city center, but about a block and a half away from the hotel there is a tram stop. Take the "XB" tram 4 stops and you are in the city center. The tram only costs about 30 cents each way, and tickets are sold in the hotel gift shop. Be sure to insert your ticket into the yellow ticket validator inside the tram as you board. It stamps the date and time on the ticket. Tickets are valid on all public transportation for 60-90 minutes, depending upon what time of day it is. If an inspector asks to see your validated ticket and you don't have one, the fines are expensive. We rode the trams many times and never saw an inspector, but figured that since tickets were so cheap, it wasn't worth risking not having one. I would not worry that the hotel is not in the city center. Getting there is a piece of cake and takes about 3-4 minutes by tram. The trams run about every 5-7 minutes. Some people have mentioned in previous posts that taxis are expensive. We only used a taxi once to go to the airport, with the tip it cost about $22. I thought it was a bargain considering that the taxi was a brand new mercedes, and that the airport was over 20 km away. I'm not sure how expensive taxis were in the city, but the trams are so cheap and so easy to take, a taxi is really unnecessary in the city.

Gym

This hotel has one of the finest health clubs I've ever seen in any hotel. It rivals any major health club in the states. The gym is huge and has countless machines and treadmills and bikes and just about anything you'd ever need. The indoor heated pool is huge by hotel standards, and the edge is designed in such a way that it looks like an infinity pool. There is also a good sized sauna and steam room. There are separate locker rooms for men and women.

3 Night Stat at Prague Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Prague?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 19, 2003, 3:42 pm

I just returned from this hotel and I loved it. Outstanding staff especially Petr L. who was a very friendly and helpful to us.

We got a room on the Executive floor which was nothing special. The fitness centre is not complimentary but you can use the swimming pool and the sauna. Breakfast in the lounge is very good especially after returning from a club at 6.30 and then you can directly head for breakfast.

BUT BEWARE!!!! The Sparta Taxi service(Hilton transfer service) is trying to get as much money as possible from you and not the price which is on the price list. They wanted to charge us 950 Czech Cronees ( about 30 Euros) for a 5 minute drive. Hilton should control this company much better. If the staff at the lounge hadn´t fixed the problem for us Hilton would have lost another customer but so I will return as soon as possibe to this hotel.

[This message has been edited by Tim2008 (edited 01-20-2003).]
Old Jan 20, 2003, 1:41 pm

I've heard that about taxi drivers as well, there is a number of an alternate taxi service who you can call. Not only tourists are ripped off by the taxis, even locals get ripped off too!

I got an email from hilton.com, and there is a special rate for this hotel through March 03. It is 99 euros, or US$104/night, reasonably good rate for this hotel.

Old Jan 20, 2003, 3:52 pm

99 Euros a night is an EXCELLENT rate for this property.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 4:05 pm

The Prague Hilton is an excellent Hotel, I did not experience any problems with the taxi's. The hotel does monitor the taxi's that are directly outside the main entrance and the concierge gave good guidelines to me as to how much to be paying to return to the hotel from different areas of the city. To/From the airport you should be paying 650-700 Crowns.

The Prague hilton has the best gym I've ever seen in a hotel - even free weights (not just dumbells either). The cost was 300 Kc which is about $10. The lounge serves an incredible breakfast each morning - nothing like the box of cornflakes you see the lounges in the US - its a real breakfast. The people in the lounge were exceptionally helpful also and they have a computer you can use for internet access. There are pay phones on the ground floor which you can use to avoid the hotel phone charges. The only thing that I'd have them change is that they need some hanger's for pants - the only hangers were the plastic ones you find in Walmart.

Prague is a great city to visit and when I return I'll be staying at the Hilton. You can walk to Old Towne in about 15-20 minutes - along the way you'll pass the main shopping area. The metro is two blocks away as is the nearest tram. Seven day public transportation pass is 250 crowns or 8 bucks. Tons of great restaurants and an easy city to get around in. I hope I make it back before they change to the Euro.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 4:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:

I got an email from hilton.com, and there is a special rate for this hotel through March 03. It is 99 euros, or US$104/night, reasonably good rate for this hotel.

</font>
Wow! Great rate. I got no e-mail by Hilton so can you provide me with a special code or a rate name? Will go there quite frequently so this rate is really great!

Especially if you have access to the lounge. We stayed with three adults in one room(two beds) and could even bring one more guest to the lounge for free!

Tim

Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:51 am

i'm really really sorry, but I deleted the email i received from them (i'm on virtually all of their emails, just in case a good rate does pop up). But I can say I only got it a couple of days ago. Perhaps they might have the rate on HRWW, tell them you got the hilton email with the price on it. Did it come up online? it's only available for stays till the 15 Mar I believe.

Also, re the gym, is the gym - hotel owned? isn't it a policy if the gym is owned/run by the hotel they let you in for free as a silver, gold, diamond? I've found differences re this - in malaysia/sin their gyms are run by Clark Fitness (which i'm guessing is a seperate company), but they don't charge for access.

Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:

Also, re the gym, is the gym - hotel owned? isn't it a policy if the gym is owned/run by the hotel they let you in for free as a silver, gold, diamond? I've found differences re this - in malaysia/sin their gyms are run by Clark Fitness (which i'm guessing is a seperate company), but they don't charge for access.

</font>

No unfortunately the gym is not hotel owned so you have to pay. Got an offer of 190 Euro per night if I would agree on a corporate agreement with the hotel...far too expensive!

The lowest rate I am able to find online is 128 Euro per night...

Tim
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:04 am

I'm not sure what the hotel's policy is regarding the exercise equipment in the gym, but as a Diamond, I was allowed to use the pool, sauna and steam rooms for no charge. I never tried to use the exercise stuff, so I am not sure if they consider that a separate area and charge for it, but it didn't appear that they did. The whole gym/pool area is fabulous at this hotel.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 2:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
I'm not sure what the hotel's policy is regarding the exercise equipment in the gym, but as a Diamond, I was allowed to use the pool, sauna and steam rooms for no charge</font>
This is the same policy for Golds...

Tim
Old Feb 23, 2003, 5:25 pm

As an update, just got an email from Hilton, but their 99 rate is no longer there, this is the current rate in the email if any folks are interested:

"Discover Prague, Czech Republic
Stay in the most romantic city in the heart of Europe - Prague, Czech Republic. Be sure to take advantage of these fabulous rates at the beautiful Hilton Prague.

February 2003 - from only €128 per night.

March and April 2003 (until April 13) - take advantage of our Hilton e-Savings rate: from €137 per night.

Make your reservations today.

Rates are only bookable via hilton.com and exclude 5% VAT. Reservations must be made a minimum of 3 days in advance and can be cancelled until 4 PM day of arrival with no penalties. Subject to availability. Approximate US Dollar equivalents provided as a guideline only. International exchange rates may fluctuate."

Rate Plan "DQ"

http://hiltonemail.com/a/hA$WWQFAH$i...J-iU5hR/hltn16

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.